PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat or Kimber in Sacramento area?

ROCKETW19
08-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Who has a good selection of Wilson Combats in stock? I perfer the compact styles. I would also love to compare to kimbers. would one store have both? if so could you guys point me in that direction please.
I live in Roseville but willing to drive anywhere in Sacramento.

would love to see a ultra covert II Kimber in person, looks alone have me wanting it.
all the Wilson compacts "look" good also. wanna hold I know I wont be able to rent and try so I would like to at least hold a few

ROCKETW19
08-24-2012, 3:49 PM
No one in Sacramento has seen any of these at local shops?
I have not been to a gun shop in awhile so I have no clue who has what in stock.

NytWolf
08-24-2012, 3:50 PM
I doubt many will have the Wilson in stock. River City Gun Exchange has a few Kimbers in stock though although I haven't seen many compacts.

jessegpresley
08-24-2012, 4:11 PM
Wilsons don't stay in stock and if ordered today the wait can be 2 years. Jackson Arms in S. San Francisco has a Nighthawk T3.

MIMbers grow on trees.

Sam
08-24-2012, 5:06 PM
I think I saw a Wilson Classic at River City a few years ago. I think they stock a few Nighthawks though.

InGrAM
08-24-2012, 5:10 PM
Wild Bills in Elk Grove has a few compact Kimbers.

spetsnaz
08-24-2012, 5:30 PM
Ive seen the kimbers at elk grove gun room and River city

jcaoloveshine
08-24-2012, 7:33 PM
If you have the $$, just get the Wilson...no need to compare to Kimber ;)

sprig
08-24-2012, 8:43 PM
Canyon Sports in Martinez has a few Wilson, few Nighthawks and alot of Kimbers and Springfields. Farther drive, but if your going to spend that kind of money its worth the trip, right?

ROCKETW19
08-24-2012, 11:52 PM
thank you everyone for your replies. I was hoping you would say TDS has everything,lol but oh well. looks like a trip to elk grove and possably Martinez.
I have money for either just like to see and hold both. I doubt my actually skill would require a Wilson but that kind of stuff dont bother me. I buy what I like

NorCal Einstein
08-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Buy a Wilson, avoid the need to ever regret the decision you make!

esskay
08-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Wilson Compacts are awesome!! ;)

ROCKETW19
08-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Wilson Compacts are awesome!! ;)

wish yours was all black and I could hold or shoot a few rounds

Sunday
08-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Buy a Wilson, avoid the need to ever regret the decision you make! that is the honest truth. If you can't afford the Wilson, a Dan Wesson Pointman series is the next best thing. For the money I would not get a Kimber.

ROCKETW19
08-25-2012, 12:09 PM
that is the honest truth. If you can't afford the Wilson, a Dan Wesson Pointman series is the next best thing. For the money I would not get a Kimber.

I can afford either wilson or kimber well at least the ones i seen on net.
kimber was 1300
wilson was 2700
I can do either and careless about price more of do I need a wilson prob not if I like Kimber better I will get that unless there is a defect or something i have no clue about?

NytWolf
08-25-2012, 8:40 PM
I was just at Wild Sports today. They have quite a few Kimbers and even one Les Baer.

jcaoloveshine
08-25-2012, 8:45 PM
For 1300...get a used Les Baer or Dan Wesson. Much better options for your money!

Siberian23
08-25-2012, 11:42 PM
There is a difference between kimber and Wilson. Enough to justify double the price? That's up to you to decide. I have spent a lot of time with a Wilson cqb and a kimber pro carry 2. I can shoot okay groups with either, they both fire every time I pull the trigger, and they both look good IMO. The slide to frame fit is much smoother and nicer on the Wilson, the trigger pull is like breaking glass on the Wilson and feels great, and the figment and just little details are much nicer. So if price is no object, look at Wilson, Nighthawk, Ed Brown, Les Baer no reason not to. However, I like the kimbers I have shot, they go bang and work and you have a ton of models to choose from in CA and they are available every where. I have seen a couple Wilson's and Nighthawks in the used section of this forum if that's interests you as well.

ROCKETW19
08-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Made up my mind today I am getting Wilson Combat even if the gun far surpasses my skills.
I found 1 at canyon sports that Sprig suggested. problem is I am at least 1 hour away and he would not give a price over phone so unless someone is close and can check F that guy I am not gonna drive over there to see and 3200 dollar price tag.
also 1 here used from Essaky he wants 2400 but used. not sure how I feel about used. what if something is wrong with it? No offence to you Esskay.
then I found another brand spanking new on GB and its only 1900 still has a few more days though.
all 3 places same exact gun. not to thrilled about the black and green two tone but but painting can be done if it really bugs me.

Last choice get a Xtac of GB for 2700 and SSE it but that is such a pain to jump threw all them hoops. Might be worth it as that is exact gun I want.
just wish i knew the price at Canyon sports and if EssKays was cheaper

Siberian23
08-26-2012, 12:41 AM
My opinion is get exactly what you want so you don't regret it. You're spending $3k on a 1911 make it be exactly what you want. I understand the green/black thing, not my cup of tea. Look at the Nighthawks, couple used I saw and they are very high end as well and all black. There is a used T3 that I was interested in, just more than I can justify spending.

ROCKETW19
08-26-2012, 1:08 AM
My opinion is get exactly what you want so you don't regret it. You're spending $3k on a 1911 make it be exactly what you want. I understand the green/black thing, not my cup of tea. Look at the Nighthawks, couple used I saw and they are very high end as well and all black. There is a used T3 that I was interested in, just more than I can justify spending.

wow that T3 look insane with the built in comp. I gotta see if there is that one for sale here. Might have to change my mind again,lol
found another green black wilson at nelson tac for 2500. they had the same night hawk T3

socal147
08-26-2012, 9:10 AM
Shoot and wear out the Kimber @ 1300.

Shoot and wear out the Wilson @ 2700.

Just as long as you shoot enough to wear either out it does not matter. I love shooting my Springer MCOP as much as shooting my Les Baer Thunder Ranch. Different guns different feels. HTH

Brian1979
08-26-2012, 9:25 AM
Dont forget you are paying for Customer Service and warranty. Wilson wont be beat by kimber ever in that regard. Honestly if I were you I would look at a Springfield TRP which will be half the cost of the Wilson and you again will have an amazing warranty from Springfield.

I have 2 Les Baers, Wilson CQB, Springfield TRP, and Springfield Pro. I really enjoy the Springfields and their customer service cant be beat. The TRP is a great gun and i have about 40k rounds in mine. Springfield just replaced the extractor and firing pin stop for free and paid shipping. I had it back in 2 weeks all ready to go. These are wear and tear parts that are expected to have a life span of maybe 10k rounds but they didnt ask any questions.

Synergy
08-26-2012, 5:21 PM
Dont forget you are paying for Customer Service and warranty. Wilson wont be beat by kimber ever in that regard. Honestly if I were you I would look at a Springfield TRP which will be half the cost of the Wilson and you again will have an amazing warranty from Springfield.

I have 2 Les Baers, Wilson CQB, Springfield TRP, and Springfield Pro. I really enjoy the Springfields and their customer service cant be beat. The TRP is a great gun and i have about 40k rounds in mine. Springfield just replaced the extractor and firing pin stop for free and paid shipping. I had it back in 2 weeks all ready to go. These are wear and tear parts that are expected to have a life span of maybe 10k rounds but they didnt ask any questions.

I agree with this also. Wilson/Baer/TRP/PRO are not in the same class as Kimber. If you come across a Kimber Series 1. I would buy it in heartbeat! I am still kicking myself for not buying a Series 1, built up by Alan Tanaka. Had I not seen and bought the Dan Wesson CBOB, earlier in the day. I would have had the series I. I will never own a Series II, I don't like MIM parts, Schwartz Safety and their CS has gone down hill.

ROCKETW19
08-26-2012, 6:28 PM
wow such info can be found on the net. I have found many Wilsons the black/green one and I even found a place to transfer for 35 total. even outta state $35 total.
I asked about SSE and they said hell no still to grey area for now.

I think I will see about the Night Hawk T3 with the comp barrel ( looks way cool) and SSE
I think my wife will love that she hates the barrel flip my HK 9mm has. this will be her goto gun if i am not home and she has to protect the kids. She just cant shoot my plastic guns to much flip.

or I will get green/black wilson best deal was $2575 and picture had crimson trace laser grips. I am sure it dont come with it but still best deal for brand new

anyone think either would be best for her small hands? Would there be any value in getting laser grip for her? or just gimic? this gun is for her mostly and my piece of mind when not home.

Synergy
08-26-2012, 6:36 PM
Would there be any value in getting laser grip for her? or just gimic? this gun is for her mostly and my piece of mind when not home.

I am building a Champion for my girlfriend and she wants CT laser grips. I have some on a RIA GI and she does dry fire drills with it pointed at the wall. It has helped her to break the habit of flinching or not applying smooth pressure to the trigger. Every minor detail is seen on the dot. As much as we shoot together and she is confident with the 1911. She wants the ability to put the dot on the target and not worry about sight picture in a low/no light situation.

ROCKETW19
08-26-2012, 6:41 PM
I am building a Champion for my girlfriend and she wants CT laser grips. I have some on a RIA GI and she does dry fire drills with it pointed at the wall. It has helped her to break the habit of flinching or not applying smooth pressure to the trigger. Every minor detail is seen on the dot. As much as we shoot together and she is confident with the 1911. She wants the ability to put the dot on the target and not worry about sight picture in a low/no light situation.

very good point with the laser. time does not allow for tons of rang time for her but a few shots at the wall would be nothing to do even every day.

ROCKETW19
08-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Love the internet
Got a PM from a member wont say his name. to let me and the wife shoot his 1911s with laser grips. very cool of you thanks. also Esskay PMed me back when I asked about the gun and women. he had so much knowldege about the Wilson and guns in general it makes me feel good about going with the Wilson to protect my lil ones. He didnt even try and push his gun on me just offered up lots of info. Another great member willing to help.

pinoy916
08-27-2012, 1:59 PM
Wild Bills has the most available and hard to find 1911s

ROCKETW19
08-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Wild Bills has the most available and hard to find 1911s

thanks for the tip! I have my eye on GB there is a wilson combat right now at $2200. 1 day 17 hours left
I also have a PM with Esskay on his used gun if neither work out I will check them out as elk grove is only 30-40 min away

thanks