PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen Glock 10 round magazines?

KTM690
08-23-2012, 9:29 PM
I have a leo friend who is selling his 4th gen Glock 22. I am going to pick it up from him (via PPT), but I know that I can't get the 15 round magazines. So I am hoping to find 10 round magazines that I can use for it. I know the older magazines will work with the mag release on the left side, but I am left handed so I would prefer the release on the right. Do they make a 10 round .40 (and 9mm, since I plan on getting a 9mm barrel as well) magazine for the 4th gen glock that allow use of the mag release on both sides?

B16
08-23-2012, 10:05 PM
I believe new mags being shipped with Glocks have the ambi-cuts in the body that allows for use with the Gen4 Glocks. So if you can find 10rd mags with the ambi-cuts, you're good to go.

KTM690
08-23-2012, 10:22 PM
The ones he has (15 rounds) are cut for the release on either side. I can't seem to find any 10 rounders online though.

KDTS
08-23-2012, 10:31 PM
The G17 mag I ordered from Glockmeister for my KKM conversion came with the Gen 4 ambi cut. I find that the ambi cut fits better in the Gen 4s than the older ones. I got to use my factory "rebuild kits" on a trip to Oregon recently and compared them to my 10 round Gen 3 mags, much more natural feel on the Gen 4. It feels almost like I have to jam in the Gen 3 mags to get them to lock.

kiloechovictor
08-24-2012, 12:24 AM
When I SSE'd my white label 4th Gen G35, it shipped with 3 ten rounders, all with the cuts. Police Supply over here on El Cajon has them, but at about $30 each before tax.

They're out there, just not easily found, I suppose.

Yerman
08-24-2012, 2:49 AM
topgunsupply.com

ltmcarlson
08-24-2012, 3:31 AM
Got I hate this state - just say'an.

Exile Machine
08-24-2012, 4:44 AM
We have tons of Gen 4 GLOCK 10 rounders in stock, including .40 and 9mm. Check out our selection here:
https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/search/results.html?search_in_description=1&keyword=MAGAZINE+GLOCK+10RD&x=0&y=0
We also sell the larger capacity mags into California as disassembled Repair/Rebuild kits, and we never charge a (ripoff) "disassembly fee" to do it.

Quiet
08-25-2012, 7:04 AM
Glock mags are commonly grouped into four different "generations".
Gen 1 = NFML
Gen 2 = FML
Gen 3 = FML with ambi-mag cut
Gen 4 = FML with ambi-mag cut & reversable mag cut.

When Glock creates a new "generation" magazine, all new production magazines are made in the current "generation" format.

Bottom line...
Since last year, all new production Glock magazines are in the Gen 4 format. This includes factory 10 round magazines.

sirgiles
08-25-2012, 7:16 AM
actually... this is the correct info.
(for convenience sake, i copy pasted this from someone in ar-15.com)

Glock did make variants of three models (17, 19, 21SF) that used an ambi-mag release.
But, due to compliants/problems with the ambi-mag release, Glock discontinued them.
Glock used the designation "MB" as an abbreviation for the ambi-mag release variants.

The ambi-mag release Glocks...
Glock 17MB, 19MB, 21SF MB with picatinny rail and 21SF MB with glock rail.
The Glock 17MB and 19MB were never imported to the USA and were only offered for sale in the EU.

Glock then developed a reversible mag release and made it a standard feature on all Gen 4 Glocks.

Glock magazine release
Glock uses three different types of magazine releases. Each magazine release interfaces with a different part of the magazine.
(with the front of the Glock magazine facing you)
1. Standard magazine release = uses the mag release cut on the left side of the magazine
2. Ambidextrous magazine release = uses the mag release cut on the front of the magazine
3A. Reversible magazine release, set up on the standard side = uses the mag release cut on the left side of the magazine
3B. Reversible magazine release, set up on the non-standard side = uses the mag release cut on the right side of the magazine

Glock magazine generations
Even though there are currently nine generations of Glock magazines, it is often easier to simplify them down to just four "generations".
(using the four generations)
1. Gen 1 = NFML with left side mag release cut
2. Gen 2 = FML with left side mag release cut
3. Gen 3 = FML with left side mag release cut and front side mag release cut
4. Gen 4 = FML with left side mag release cut, front side mag release cut and right side mag release cut

Summary
1. Glocks with the standard magazine release can use all generations of Glock magazines, because all generations incorporate the left side mag release cut.
2. Glocks with the ambidextrous magazine release can only use the Gen 3 and Gen4 Glock magazines, because only those two generations incorporate the front side mag release cut.
3. Glocks with the reversible magazine release set up on the standard side can use all generations of Glock magazines, because all generations incorporate the left side mag release cut.
4. Glocks with the reversible magazine release set up on the non-standard side can only use the Gen 4 Glock magazines, because that is the only generation that incorporates the right side mag release cut.

Quiet
08-25-2012, 7:21 AM
actually... this is the correct info.
(for convenience sake, i copy pasted this from someone in ar-15.com)

That's my post. :p

sirgiles
08-25-2012, 4:31 PM
That's my post. :p

lol! i had a feeling it was more than just a coincidence.

Dhena81
08-25-2012, 4:51 PM
I have a leo friend who is selling his 4th gen Glock 22. I am going to pick it up from him (via PPT), but I know that I can't get the 15 round magazines. So I am hoping to find 10 round magazines that I can use for it. I know the older magazines will work with the mag release on the left side, but I am left handed so I would prefer the release on the right. Do they make a 10 round .40 (and 9mm, since I plan on getting a 9mm barrel as well) magazine for the 4th gen glock that allow use of the mag release on both sides?

Your civil rights are being violated :(

If you deal with exile machine you can deal with confidence its the first place I look when looking for magazines.