PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying a CZ 75B. What are its competitors, and any tips on finding 1?

freethemouse
08-23-2012, 5:26 PM
So I'm considering buying a CZ-75B as my first (and probably only automatic) handgun. But I want to check out some other options as well. I'm looking for a steel frame pistol in 9mm in roughly the same price range.

The Beretta 92 is the only other option that I can think of. I've not shot it but I'm willing to rent one to see how it shoots. But unless it just blows me away, I'd prefer to go with the CZ.

What are some other guns in that price range? Sig's is a little pricey for my taste.

Finally, does anybody have any advice in tracking one down? I'm in the Los Angeles area and none of the stores I've called have any in stock.

FWIW, I'm willing to take the CZ-75B, BD, or B-SA. I'm probably going to pick up the Kadet .22lr conversion kit somewhere down the line.

paul0660
08-23-2012, 5:31 PM
I came down to CZ vs. Beretta, tried them both, and CZ seemed clearly superior in operation and finish. I have had as many as six since then, now have two forever keepers.

Impactguns.com usually has some California models available.

zfields
08-23-2012, 5:32 PM
owned Beretta Vertec, wasn't my thing. The standard 92/96 frames I like even less.

Went CZ, ain't looking back.

freethemouse
08-23-2012, 5:36 PM
I came down to CZ vs. Beretta, tried them both, and CZ seemed clearly superior in operation and finish. I have had as many as six since then, now have two forever keepers.

There doesn't seem to be any in stock, even the non-California models. :(

tuna quesadilla
08-23-2012, 5:47 PM
CZ-75 blows away ANY Beretta.

I take mine in the BD or P-01 flavor.

freethemouse
08-23-2012, 5:49 PM
Hah. So this seems to be no contest.

But what about trying to find one? If I were to put a deposit somewhere, how should I choose what gun store to go through?

Sky_DiveR
08-23-2012, 5:53 PM
Not sure if you wan to go here.....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=608274&highlight=cz75

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=607974&highlight=cz

If you make it to Fresno....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=610118&highlight=cz

Or up to Sac....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=606466&highlight=cz

freethemouse
08-23-2012, 5:58 PM
Not sure if you wan to go here.....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=608274&highlight=cz75

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=607974&highlight=cz

If you make it to Fresno....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=610118&highlight=cz

Or up to Sac....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=606466&highlight=cz

Thanks.

I'd like 9mm because of cost and I can share ammo w/ my brother's XD9. I'd also like a steel frame; those polymer framed pistols make me hand hurt (plus, I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I've heard the trigger on the polymer ones aren't as nice.) But yes, I've keeping an eye out on the private sales forum for a CZ75 nearby =).

Euphoria526
08-23-2012, 5:59 PM
It came down to a 92 or my CZ. I got my CZ end of story. Then I lucked out and found an SA which I snatched up immediately. Lol.
OP- where do you live? I can name places that have both you can side by side.
OR if you want to come and shoot mine your welcome to.

Euphoria526
08-23-2012, 6:00 PM
I have 2 places in mind that have them all in stock right now

freethemouse
08-23-2012, 6:01 PM
It came down to a 92 or my CZ. I got my CZ end of story. Then I lucked out and found an SA which I snatched up immediately. Lol.
OP- where do you live? I can name places that have both you can side by side.
OR if you want to come and shoot mine your welcome to.

I live right by downtown LA. Are these places gun stores or gun ranges that rent? I know some ranges that rent them which I've visited a couple of times. If they're stores, please let me know by all means!!;)

EDIT: Erhmagahd! Which ones? I may put one in jail as early as this weekend =D.

Euphoria526
08-23-2012, 6:03 PM
Come up to oaktree gun club with me in newhall this weekend. I'm a member there and can help you with what they have Lon the wall. They have the CZ p01 and a baretta, same ones I shot.
Plus in own a p01 and an SA in 40.

Lumpia is sarap!
08-23-2012, 6:07 PM
CZ 75B is good, but a Browning Hi-Point is the original. :0

Good luck with your purchase.

freethemouse
08-23-2012, 6:15 PM
Come up to oaktree gun club with me in newhall this weekend. I'm a member there and can help you with what they have Lon the wall. They have the CZ p01 and a baretta, same ones I shot.
Plus in own a p01 and an SA in 40.

I may take you up on that =), though it's not exactly close. I'll let you know.

Do you know if they have the CZ-75B? The p01 is a little pricier and I have no intention of putting that rail to use.

Oh man, I would love a Hi-Power. They're a bit pricey though, unfortunately.

zfields
08-23-2012, 6:16 PM

had a Hipo, good guns but I prefer the CZs.

SDRider858
08-23-2012, 6:18 PM
had a Hipo, good guns but I prefer the CZs.

Agreed. The brownings are very nice, but for the price Id rather have a CZ.

Also just a heads up for you CZ nuts...CZ customs has Sp01, and 75B SA in stock right now!! I picked up a 75b SA...last I talked to Stuart there were two left.

JMP
08-23-2012, 6:21 PM
So I'm considering buying a CZ-75B as my first (and probably only automatic) handgun.

I thought automatic gunz were illegal:confused:

But yeah, can't go wrong with the CZ-75--great value.

1000stars
08-23-2012, 6:27 PM
CZs are excellent pistols. Used by LE in Europe. It is also available in single action only. Its only competition is the Hi-Power at almost 2x the price.

TripleThreat
08-23-2012, 6:31 PM
I have a High Power, as much as I'd love it to be my favorite 9mm, it's actually my least favorite. CZ's FTW. I have a Berretta 92A1 on order, but I don't expect it to out perform a CZ.

Varg Vikernes
08-23-2012, 6:42 PM
You can get a pretty cheap used Hi Power here:

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=high+power&Sort=4&IncludeSellers=979927

whipkiller
08-23-2012, 6:44 PM
Had a Beretta 96 for years, beautiful gun... Recently got a CZ SP-01 = Wow.

Beretta just got traded for an AR.

Euphoria526
08-23-2012, 6:50 PM
@freethemouse- the p01 is 9. I also have a 75b SA in 40

ulmapache
08-23-2012, 7:11 PM
Check out 2nd amendment in Bakersfield, they've got a couple of 75s in.40 cal, might have some 9mm also.

zfields
08-23-2012, 7:13 PM
You can get a pretty cheap used Hi Power here:

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=high+power&Sort=4&IncludeSellers=979927

I picked up one of the israli surplus guns. Very rough, shot out barrel bushing.

YMMV, I got very unlucky on the deal and lost a bit o change on it.

MA2
08-23-2012, 7:33 PM
Not much is comparable to the CZ @ ~500-600 range for all steel.

Maybe a RIA G.I. 1911 @ 9mm, msrp is at about $510 is as close as I can think of, or the taxtical version for a little under $600, (both need to factor in sse fees).

Velio
08-23-2012, 7:43 PM
I live and breathe by my 92fs, great and accurate gun. The cz seems even more accurate, but the weight is a lot if you aren't used to all metal guns. Either is a great choice.

AP1
08-23-2012, 9:16 PM
Got lucky on my CZ 75B 9mm a few weeks ago. Sold my Beretta immediately after shooting the CZ. There's a 9mm CZ 75 in stock at a LGS. :)

freethemouse
08-23-2012, 9:40 PM
Thanks.

I'll look into what buying a gun online entails. I know I have to ship it to an FFL, but I'd like to get an idea of what all the taxes and fees are going to look like so I don't get blindsided. I'd also have to look into what I can do about those magazines (do the FFL's take them? or do some rebuild them for a fee?). My main concern is that I can't inspect it before I pay for it. =\

EDIT: nvm, CZ-custom.com's website says they swap the mags. =)

Bug Splat
08-23-2012, 10:07 PM
CZ pistols are top of the 9mm-all-metal charts IMO. I'd take a $500 CZ over a $3000 anything else. There is a strong love for Hi-powers by some people. I don't care for them myself but I can't deny they are good pistols.

Kazaam
08-23-2012, 10:48 PM
P226 is its main competitor. But it's much more expensive.

zfields
08-23-2012, 10:58 PM
P226 is its main competitor. But it's much more expensive.

......Completely different gun. Chunky grip, high bore, overall fat gun. Not saying its bad, but its not even close to a comparison.

Kazaam
08-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah, but as far as similar guns go its either the 75B, the 92FS, or the P226.

I was obsessed with getting the 75B until I saw the P226, it's sweet looking. Though the 75B is wayyyy cheaper and just as good or better. I held one at a gun show and didnt like it much, but I'm gonna check it out again this weekend before I drop a ton of money on the sig.

zfields
08-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah, but as far as similar guns go its either the 75B, the 92FS, or the P226.

I was obsessed with getting the 75B until I saw the P226, it's sweet looking. Though the 75B is wayyyy cheaper and just as good or better. I held one at a gun show and didnt like it much, but I'm gonna check it out again this weekend before I drop a ton of money on the sig.

Both the berreta and sig have a totally different feel. I mean if we are just listing out DA/SA guns I can add a few more : )

FWIW, I don't particularly like the 75B. The lack of a beavertail really bugs me. The 75 SA, and the Sp01s all are just about perfect in my book as far as "feel" goes.

Just to see what I mean
75b
http://www.cz-usa.com/assets/cache/17/20/17207d8d74a4dc495a53b227709a6c1d.png
75SA
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-crMb_SOLTCQ/TV7_bVlio1I/AAAAAAAAAHM/w0AaSXfBFJM/s800/DSC00369.JPG

Sp01 (tactical)
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-dm_b6rQUV-Y/TpCDFsyxRSI/AAAAAAAAAuI/nzT2Ymhpuvc/s1024/DSC00645.JPG

Leesan82
08-23-2012, 11:26 PM
CZs are fine firearms, but the mindset of some CZ fans on this forum are a bit irrational.

I happen to find those "Junk" Beretta serve me well both on and off duty.

freethemouse
08-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Hmm. I was not aware that the 75B did not have a beavertail. That wasn't much of a problem for me though when I shot it.

Euphoria526
08-24-2012, 1:05 AM
I'm starting to like the spo1's more and more. I might go fobdle one this weekend and decide if I want the tactical(decocker) or not(safety).
9or .40? And this I would end up using for matches as well

zfields
08-24-2012, 1:09 AM
I'm starting to like the spo1's more and more. I might go fobdle one this weekend and decide if I want the tactical(decocker) or not(safety).
9or .40? And this I would end up using for matches as well

The tactical isn't on the roster. And I don't believe they do them in 40.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

zfields
08-24-2012, 1:10 AM
Hmm. I was not aware that the 75B did not have a beavertail. That wasn't much of a problem for me though when I shot it.

Some people its an issue for. I started with an SA model, so the b feels wrong to me now :D

Euphoria526
08-24-2012, 1:13 AM
I know CZ customs has a sp01 tac in 40.

zfields
08-24-2012, 1:19 AM
I know CZ customs has a sp01 tac in 40.

Yup your right. Normal sp01 is 9mm only according to cz-usa.
Gotta find a sse dealer to get the tacticals, or ppt.

freethemouse
08-24-2012, 1:53 AM
Could anyone school me on buying guns online?

As I understand it, I should contact an FFL who will agree to receive the firearm for me for some fee. The gun will be shipped to them, and when they receive it, I go and start the normal DROs process and so on, endure 10 days of torture, and then go pick it up.

So bottom line, I pay the $25 DROs + tax + FFL fee + gun price?

zfields
08-24-2012, 2:01 AM
Could anyone school me on buying guns online?

As I understand it, I should contact an FFL who will agree to receive the firearm for me for some fee. The gun will be shipped to them, and when they receive it, I go and start the normal DROs process and so on, endure 10 days of torture, and then go pick it up.

So bottom line, I pay the $25 DROs + tax + FFL fee + gun price?

Pretty much. Shop around on FFL's, some charge far less then others on their fees.

paintballdad
08-24-2012, 9:41 AM
Beretta = Junk
CZ = Bliss

Really? Didn't realize that a reliable pistol that goes bang everytime = junk.

OP, try both. Either pistol is GTG.

paul0660
08-24-2012, 9:48 AM
CZs are fine firearms, but the mindset of some CZ fans on this forum are a bit irrational.

I happen to find those "Junk" Beretta serve me well both on and off duty.

I am a CZ fanboy and agree with you.

Rorge Retson
08-24-2012, 9:57 AM
Really? Didn't realize that a reliable pistol that goes bang everytime = junk.

OP, try both. Either pistol is GTG.

Sorry, just going by others' experience (all friends), some in the military (SEALs, Marines, etc.), some in law enforcement, all reliable sources.

CZ has been around longer, yet it is harder to find people who have issues with them.

I admit my blanket statement was a bit harsh, though. Will remove. :)

Euphoria526
08-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Freethemouse- prob going to oaktree this weekend. I might jail an sp01 too. Come up and check their stash.
Gun world in Burbank has 9,40&45.

paintballdad
08-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Sorry, just going by others' experience (all friends), some in the military (SEALs, Marines, etc.), some in law enforcement, all reliable sources.

CZ has been around longer, yet it is harder to find people who have issues with them.

I admit my blanket statement was a bit harsh, though. Will remove. :)

No worries, the Beretta doesn't seem to get much love even though it's a well designed and reliable handgun. I've owned and shot both and my experience is that both pistol are good choices.

Actually, the Beretta 92 has been around longer than the CZ-75 but not by much. The 92 was designed in 1972 and the CZ-75 in 1975. The 92 design can be traced back to the M1951 which was developed in the 50's. :D

freethemouse
08-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Freethemouse- prob going to oaktree this weekend. I might jail an sp01 too. Come up and check their stash.

School starts up again on Monday, so I have kind of a busy weekend. But I'll see if I have the time.

Lead Waster
08-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Pretty much. Shop around on FFL's, some charge far less then others on their fees.

In SF Bay area, the last I checked FFL transfer from an FFL only place (ie; some guys house) was about $50 for the transfer itself. Might have gone up or down.

Since the FFLs now MUST charge CA sales tax, they've become less of a good deal, so I'm not sure if they adjusted down to get the business back or not.

TATER313
08-24-2012, 11:08 AM

I agree Ive owned CZ75 since the late 80's and great guns, just bought a new one 9 months ago. I have never cared for Beretta's 92fs, cz is a much better made pistol.

Speedpower
08-24-2012, 11:12 AM
The ergonomic of the CZ is the best!

TATER313
08-24-2012, 11:20 AM
I was issued the M9 and majority of us would leave them in the armory, Lots of issues when they first started selling pistols to the military, due to short time to fulfill the large contract. Beretta was not ready for that high demand, and it showed, lots of issues from malfunctions, and frames and slides cracking. They resolved these issues soon after, they are very reliable handguns. Myself I prefer Cz faster POA iave owned cz for over 25 years.

paul0660
08-24-2012, 11:26 AM
I was issued the M9 and majority of us would leave them in the armory, Lots of issues when they first started selling pistols to the military, due to short time to fulfill the large contract. Beretta was not ready for that high demand, and it showed, lots of issues from malfunctions, and frames and slides cracking. They resolved these issues soon after, they are very reliable handguns. Myself I prefer Cz faster POA iave owned cz for over 25 years.

I think the same might have happened with any manufacturer. At the time, of course, being a Commie gun, CZ was not considered. My issue with the Beretta was the safety, trigger, and that I found it butt ugly.........which is just a style thing. It is great that both, and many more, are available.

TATER313
08-24-2012, 1:08 PM
I think the same might have happened with any manufacturer. At the time, of course, being a Commie gun, CZ was not considered. My issue with the Beretta was the safety, trigger, and that I found it butt ugly.........which is just a style thing. It is great that both, and many more, are available.

Yes, I agree most manufactures would had the same issues trying to fufill such a large order in a ideally short time.

Euphoria526
08-24-2012, 1:11 PM
Man I love the style/feel of the m9/92fs/92a1/96f
But I love cz's more. :D

2nab
08-24-2012, 1:20 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread. I'm near Sac looking at picking up a CZ in .40 but from someone with more CZ experience should I grab a 75B or should I hold out for an original 75 instead of the 75B or maybe one of the other CZ .40 variants.

I guess my Q is
75 vs 75B
or prefer other 75 variant.

I want full size/ capacity, not interested in compact

zfields
08-24-2012, 1:21 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread. I'm near Sac looking at picking up a CZ in .40 but from someone with more CZ experience should I grab a 75B or should I hold out for an original 75 instead of the 75B or maybe one of the other CZ .40 variants.

I guess my Q is
75 vs 75B

Doubt you will find a 75. 75 B is fine.

paul0660
08-24-2012, 1:26 PM

I guess my Q is
75 vs 75B

I don't think there is a 75 in .40. Also, 75 mags do not fit 75B and vice versa. The original 75 is a collector's item at this point.

J.D.Allen
08-24-2012, 1:28 PM
Listen to me. Buy a 75B SA in 9mm and don't look back. You will not regret it. If you have to wait a while to find it, then wait. You will not find a better pistol at that price or even much higher. The SA model has a few extra goodies over the regular B model like a drop free mag brake, extended beavertail, bigger safety lever, and extended mag release. Believe me. It's worth it.

zfields
08-24-2012, 1:30 PM
Listen to me. Buy a 75B SA in 9mm and don't look back. You will not regret it. If you have to wait a while to find it, then wait. You will not find a better pistol at that price or even much higher. The SA model has a few extra goodies over the regular B model like a drop free mag brake, extended beavertail, bigger safety lever, and extended mag release. Believe me. It's worth it.

Ambi safety! One of the best feeling ones out there IMO.

I really need to pick up another one, I miss mine.

paul0660
08-24-2012, 1:34 PM

Any CZ can be made drop free. As for the rest of that stuff, it is good to have and worth something.

As for carrying a SA pistol (if that is one's intent), most of the people who say they do, don't. The gun is a DA/SA design, and the SA version a really nice marketing variation. Is the safety still going to be engaged at the end of the day? Probably......a word that is not in the vocabulary of shooters. I have not found an ex armed forces person who carried a 1911 who carried it cocked and locked, and many were limited in mag capacity as well. It is a limited sample.........but includes my dad back in Korea.

Lead Waster
08-24-2012, 1:35 PM
Yes, there are 75Bs in .40.

Finding magazines for the 75 will be much harder than mags for the 75B.

The 75 does NOT have a firing pin 'B'lock. If it really bugs you, you can disable the 'B' of the 75B.

ie; go for the 75B. or the 75B SA or the SP-01.

Of those, the 75B SA is probably the "best" to target shoot with (get some upgrades from Cajun Gun Works for more awesomeness), but the SP-01 is a better USPSA competition gun (because it's DA/SA so it fits into "production class"), unless you get a .40 75B SA, which would do well in Limited 10 division.

Also the SP-01 is pretty heavy. For a day at the (static) range, the 75B SA in 9mm is really really hard to beat. You might get bored of only seeing one hole on the paper! :p
(Or have a lot of fun getting your skill to that point!)

paul0660
08-24-2012, 1:37 PM
Yes, there are 75Bs in .40.

Right. I just sold one.

There are not any 75 sans B in .40, I think.

TripleThreat
08-24-2012, 1:38 PM
I found mine in Sacramento at Wild Bills. As I mentioned before. Gun Exchange has 2 CZs', ones a 9mm (I think it's a CZ 75B) and the other a 45 Cal (I think it's a CZ 97B).

Target Bastards in Milpitas has a 40 Cal Tactical Sport for $1,000.

Call around, you should be able to find one, I love to hunt for stuff I want. It's out there, you just need to put in the work. For me it's worth it in the end.

Euphoria526
08-24-2012, 1:41 PM
Yes. CZ 75b SA in .40 S&W
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/euphoria526/4a9f2eba.jpg

J.D.Allen
08-24-2012, 1:53 PM
Any CZ can be made drop free. As for the rest of that stuff, it is good to have and worth something.

As for carrying a SA pistol (if that is one's intent), most of the people who say they do, don't. The gun is a DA/SA design, and the SA version a really nice marketing variation. Is the safety still going to be engaged at the end of the day? Probably......a word that is not in the vocabulary of shooters. I have not found an ex armed forces person who carried a 1911 who carried it cocked and locked, and many were limited in mag capacity as well. It is a limited sample.........but includes my dad back in Korea.

Not sure what you are trying to say here. My 75B SA is my EDC. In fact it is the only pistol I currently own. I do carry it cocked and locked, almost daily. And...well I'm just not sure what you're talking about when you make reference to the safety still being engaged at the end of the day...but I don't have any issues.

pc_load_letter
08-24-2012, 1:55 PM
Ah...sorry man, I think I got the last one. There is (as of yesterday) and gentleman in northern San Diego selling a Sp-01 in .40.

MP

zfields
08-24-2012, 1:56 PM
Not sure what you are trying to say here. My 75B SA is my EDC. In fact it is the only pistol I currently own. I do carry it cocked and locked, almost daily. And...well I'm just not sure what you're talking about when you make reference to the safety still being engaged at the end of the day...but I don't have any issues.

Brother, Props to you. Damn thing was to heavy for me to carry. I plan on picking up a 2075 pretty soon for a carry gun.

J.D.Allen
08-24-2012, 2:03 PM
Brother, Props to you. Damn thing was to heavy for me to carry. I plan on picking up a 2075 pretty soon for a carry gun.

It is a heavy sucker, I'll give you that. I kind of like the heft though. I have pretty decent holsters for it so it hasn't been an issue for me...yet that is :D

Although I gotta say with the CC laws you guys have in TX I might be a little nervous about carrying it because of its size. It can tend to print a bit if you're not real careful...

zfields
08-24-2012, 2:34 PM
It is a heavy sucker, I'll give you that. I kind of like the heft though. I have pretty decent holsters for it so it hasn't been an issue for me...yet that is :D

Although I gotta say with the CC laws you guys have in TX I might be a little nervous about carrying it because of its size. It can tend to print a bit if you're not real careful...

Not to mention anything more then shorts and a T shirt down here and you will die of heatstroke. I think with jeans and a good solid belt a 75sa wouldnt be to bad.

Euphoria526
08-24-2012, 2:52 PM
Ah...sorry man, I think I got the last one. There is (as of yesterday) and gentleman in northern San Diego selling a Sp-01 in .40.

MP

You got the last sp01 at oaktree?! Bastard :/ hahaha naw I specifically wanted this in 9mm for matches.

Lead Waster
08-24-2012, 2:59 PM
Euphoria, your .40 SA would be awesome in L-10!

whipkiller
08-24-2012, 3:05 PM
MP

Didn't think there was such a thing.

zfields
08-24-2012, 3:13 PM

I think only in the tactical. Had to look it up last night, the standard sp01 wasnt listed on czusa.

TripleThreat
08-24-2012, 3:23 PM
I think only in the tactical. Had to look it up last night, the standard sp01 wasnt listed on czusa.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-sp-01/

Euphoria526
08-24-2012, 3:27 PM
Not on czusa but CZ customs had an sp01 tactical in .40 lol.

zfields
08-24-2012, 3:28 PM
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-sp-01/

And tell me, do you see it in .40? That's what we were talking about, not that there is such a thing called a CZ 75 sp01.

zfields
08-24-2012, 3:28 PM
Not on czusa but CZ customs had an sp01 tactical in .40 lol.

CZ-USA list the tactical .40, not a standard .40

Euphoria526
08-24-2012, 3:29 PM
Aaah gotcha. My bad. Didn't read non tactical

pc_load_letter
08-24-2012, 3:33 PM
Did not know there was one either...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=610560&highlight=sp+01

Make: CZ
Model: SP-01 Tactical
Caliber: 40 S&W
Price: 700.00
Description:
Absolutely unfired SP-01 Tactical bought from Table Rock with an SSE through DAS. It's an SP-01 with a decocker in 40 S&W. Tiny mar on frame near trigger that I have no idea how it got there. Price includes 2, 10 round mags and 2, 12 round magazine rebuild kits. The higher asking price is a reflection of the SSE as well as the additional 10 round magazines. Price does not include transfer fees.

TripleThreat
08-24-2012, 3:35 PM
I think only in the tactical. Had to look it up last night, the standard sp01wasnt listed on czusa.

And tell me, do you see it in .40?

No I didn't, just went off of what was written. When you said "standard SP-01" I actually thought you meant standard SP-01. I'm not the brightest guy, so please bare with me. :o

My bad,

pc_load_letter
08-24-2012, 3:36 PM
Man, for the price I paid plus having to pay for shipping as well as my FFL charge to accept the transfer, makes me wonder?? Hmmm, it could be yours for $1k :) I'll even pick up the PPT fees!

Probably could have saved some dough purchasing from CZ Custom.

Never the less, I had a Sp-01 a while back, sold it and regretted it almost immediately.

You got the last sp01 at oaktree?! Bastard :/ hahaha naw I specifically wanted this in 9mm for matches.

Euphoria526
08-24-2012, 3:39 PM
I have yet to own the sp01. But I do love and am accurate with my p01. Buuuut I believe im more accurate with my SA. Hahaha I've hit targets at 100y with my SA. And about 50y with my p01

daybreak
08-24-2012, 3:43 PM
i absolutely dislike the beretta platform. CZ? I own several now. I've sold my glock, my XD, and my rock island 9mm tactical.

I own a Cajun Gunworks tuned SP01 SA, a 75 Shadow SAO, a 75 Shadow, and a matte stainless 75b.

My CGW SP01 has been absolutely destroying people in dueling tree shoots. I've lost once in a couple dozen shoot outs. Love it to death.

markw
08-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Just one thing to remember. The SP01 and 75SA have higher beavertails than the 75B. Also, if you have a 75B in .40 you can use that slide on the SP01 frame. :) Both pistols will also work with the Kadet upper. My current setup is the 75B with the Kadet upper and the SP01 with it's 9mm slide. I've also run the 75B .40 slide on it. The M9/92 is well meh. I preferred the 1911 and had to qual on both. Not like we carried everyday though.

Mark

whipkiller
08-25-2012, 8:00 AM
Did not know there was one either...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=610560&highlight=sp+01

Make: CZ
Model: SP-01 Tactical
Caliber: 40 S&W
Price: 700.00
Description:
Absolutely unfired SP-01 Tactical bought from Table Rock with an SSE through DAS. It's an SP-01 with a decocker in 40 S&W. Tiny mar on frame near trigger that I have no idea how it got there. Price includes 2, 10 round mags and 2, 12 round magazine rebuild kits. The higher asking price is a reflection of the SSE as well as the additional 10 round magazines. Price does not include transfer fees.

Hmmm, I'll be darned.

I guess it's lucky for me that I just eliminated .40 from my collection and don't care to add it back in, or I'd be very tempted by that.

Euphoria526
08-25-2012, 9:06 AM
I wish I could afford that. Hell if I could I'd get one in both .40& 9mm!!!

freethemouse
08-28-2012, 12:13 AM
I stopped thinking and ordered a CZ 75B after a PPT kinda fell through. Should arrive as early as tomorrow *cross fingers*. Can't wait!

Euphoria526
08-28-2012, 9:35 AM
Sweet!!!!! 9 or 40?
SA or regular? You will love it!!!is it a 75b or an sp01?

J.D.Allen
08-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Ambi safety! One of the best feeling ones out there IMO.

I really need to pick up another one, I miss mine.

I didn't like the ambi safety. The right side lever kept snagging on stuff and my trigger finger would get in the way of it when my finger was off the trigger. So I removed it. There's a guy on the CZ forums that makes custom bushings for it. They take like five minutes to install and fits perfectly flush on the frame. It's great.

zfields
08-28-2012, 10:46 AM
I didn't like the ambi safety. The right side lever kept snagging on stuff and my trigger finger would get in the way of it when my finger was off the trigger. So I removed it. There's a guy on the CZ forums that makes custom bushings for it. They take like five minutes to install and fits perfectly flush on the frame. It's great.

I could imagine as a CCW piece that would be an issue. I was using it as a target/range gun.

I'm looking at picking up a 2075 here in the next couple months if I can find one in stock. Seems to be about the only CZ that is easy to find, even the p07s that were sub 400 are starting to dry up.

xbimmers
08-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Get both!

Martin B Retting in Culver City for hard to find guns.

willerfortheworld
08-28-2012, 11:41 AM
I was looking for a 9mm. My top choices were the Beretta m9, cig 226, a used hk usp, and the Cz p-01. After a long time of research and homework I went with the p-01 and I'm so happy I did. There is no perfect pistol out there but the p-01 is close. Now I need a sweet 1911:)