PDA

View Full Version : Upper Receiver Stolen

MechEng
08-23-2012, 3:20 PM
Just wanted to post a head's up.....

Last night at a softball game in Perris, my car was broken into and after a thorough ransacking, the brand new upper that I had just picked up from UPS was stolen out of the back seat. Yes, it was in the box (non descript) and covered with a blanket, so it could not be seen from the outside.

Usually I don't keep items of value in my car, but the UPS facility is across the street from the fields.

Anyways, if anyone sees/hears of someone selling a complete JSE 16" rifle kit in Perris or the surrounding area for really cheap and they seem sketchy, well....it's probably mine.

Please keep an eye out! Thanks

bigdawg86
08-23-2012, 4:32 PM
Damn those perrisites! I Loathe that place... I used to run on a 911 ambulance stationed off Perris/Ramona Espressway. I'll keep an eye out on CL!

Deadbolt
08-23-2012, 7:58 PM
were other cars broken into ? if yes : then its a lot easier to find the dudes

if no : then its probably perp'd by someone that knew what you had in your car :(

CK_32
08-23-2012, 8:01 PM
Wow that's either straight luck or a shady contact you have..

Was ANYTHING else stolen and like above we're other cars broken into? Was it gone for or did they ransack and stumble upon it?

Sorry to hear that I really am. That's really ****ty luck..

Bangzoom
08-23-2012, 8:06 PM
This makes Yee smile...He loves criminals and hates guns

Deadbolt
08-23-2012, 8:12 PM
This makes Yee smile...He loves criminals and hates guns

the only thing that makes Yee smile is his renewed term. How that happens is irrelevant. Don't give him the credit of harboring ideals or a twisted understanding of morality.

All he's about is campaign finance and pandering (who knows? Maybe he'll be barking the pro 2a agenda - wouldn't that be telling).

kel-tec-innovations
08-23-2012, 8:19 PM
GET A VERY ANNOYING LOUD CAR ALARM. Sorry to hear what happened.

Res
08-23-2012, 9:21 PM
then its probably perp'd by someone that knew what you had in your car :(

Wow that's either straight luck or a shady contact you have..

Softball fields are notorious for break-ins. Players are using $400+ bats and there are a lot of shady bastards just looking to snag one when you're not paying attention.

I would bet that this was 100% pure luck. Thief looks into the car and sees a box probably thinking its a brand new bat.

MechEng
08-23-2012, 9:30 PM
It was definitely stumbled upon, especially since the long square box resembled one a bat would come in. Plus, they went in through the driver door, ransacked all compartments working rearward and then found the box.

Crummy part is I had just picked it up from UPS.

Thank you all for keeping your eyes out

Arkangel
08-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your upper... Hope you get stuff back.

wisefire
08-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Hope you get it back.

vtomike
08-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Keep an eye on Craigslist. Bound to pop up on there. I have been looking for one myself. Will keep my eyes peeled.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ouch1
08-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Also notify the LGS's in your area so they can keep an eye out.

-ouch1

!@#$
08-24-2012, 3:08 PM
Just wanted to post a head's up.....

Last night at a softball game in Perris, my car was broken into and after a thorough ransacking, the brand new upper that I had just picked up from UPS was stolen out of the back seat. Yes, it was in the box (non descript) and covered with a blanket, so it could not be seen from the outside.

Usually I don't keep items of value in my car, but the UPS facility is across the street from the fields.

Anyways, if anyone sees/hears of someone selling a complete JSE 16" rifle kit in Perris or the surrounding area for really cheap and they seem sketchy, well....it's probably mine.

:rofl2:

MechEng
08-24-2012, 3:55 PM
^^^^ Thank you for your meaningful and value added comment

!@#$
08-24-2012, 4:14 PM
^^^^ Thank you for your meaningful and value added comment

have some fun.

your upper is gone forever and it won't be the last time you are stolen from.

it sucks but that is life.

we don't punish crime in america so expect for things to become worse.

MechEng
08-24-2012, 4:20 PM
have some fun.

your upper is gone forever and it won't be the last time you are stolen from.

it sucks but that is life.

we don't punish crime in america so expect for things to become worse.

I'm not expecting to get it back, but regardless, it's not fun. It wasn't for me, but rather one that I'm building for a friend.

I refuse to roll over and take it from theives and the like, regardless of how common of an occurance it is in SoCal, but maybe that's your style....if so, keep on keeping on and have fun!

MechEng
08-24-2012, 4:23 PM
....On a side note, I think that this thread has now outlived it's use, and is on borrowed time.....

Mods, feel free to delete

Thanks

Teeg
08-24-2012, 4:42 PM
Sorry you lost your stuff. Thieves never get a just punishment in this country.

Some advice for next time : Always leave your valuables locked in the trunk out of sight where scumbags can't spot it and they are less likely to try breaking into a trunk rather than the usual smash and grab. And as someone mentioned sotball/baseball fields are a magnet for these kinds of rats.

!@#$
08-24-2012, 4:43 PM
I'm not expecting to get it back, but regardless, it's not fun. It wasn't for me, but rather one that I'm building for a friend.

I refuse to roll over and take it from theives and the like, regardless of how common of an occurance it is in SoCal, but maybe that's your style....if so, keep on keeping on and have fun!

so what's your plan crime fighter? anything you do will get YOU arrested so there is really nothing you can do but "roll over"

on the bright side now you have a chance to get him a quality upper. :D

MechEng
08-24-2012, 6:08 PM
so what's your plan crime fighter? anything you do will get YOU arrested so there is really nothing you can do but "roll over"

on the bright side now you have a chance to get him a quality upper. :D

I think you misunderstood, I have no intentions of being a "crime fighter" as you say....
What I meant is I refuse to accept that theft is just something that happens on the regular and is to be accepted as the norm....

Anyways, to each his own. If it aims, shoots, and repeats, I guess it's enough quality for me ! :)

SURVIVOR619
08-24-2012, 8:28 PM
MechEng, sorry brother! I really loathe thiefs/cheaters, et al.. SUCKS! Then some goon comes into the thread just to be a jag-on, who's so pro because it wasn't a larue that was stolen... Sorry man!

The Gleam
08-25-2012, 10:01 AM

Did you immediately complete a police report? Or as soon as possible? That would be useful on numerous fronts:

1) Most people breaking into cars in that fashion are local, usually kids, and they don't roam too far from home.

2) They continue to do it until they are caught, and they usually get caught quite quickly. Look for them to break into cars on another night in the near-future at that same parking lot during future ball-games.

3) If they were caught later, police may already have your upper in possession but they have no idea to whom it belongs.

4) It is likely the knuckleheads that stole it won't know what to do with it, especially if they are kids/teens - they will either ditch it where someone else will find it and turn it in to police, or it will turn up while they are seeking a way to get rid of it or get caught with it while doing something equally stupid. With a police report, and uppers not being a common item found most every day locally, you at least have a chance of getting it back.

5) If there IS a police report, and the knuckleheads that stole it try to pawn it a pawn-shop or even a gun store, the 30-day hold and check with law enforcement on pawned items would likely result in a call to you.

(I really think it's kids taking advantage of people being pre-occupied with a ball-game knowing the unattended cars would be free-pickin's for an hour or so. You can expect this if you ever go to the movie theater as well; they watch for people to arrive, wait until they enter the movie, than break into that car fully knowing they've got at least an hour and a half to get something out of it.) I can guarantee, because of how I described it, there will be ADDITIONAL break-ins in that parking lot, in the very near future, on future nights during ball-games within the next two weeks.

While you may not be a crime-fighter, at least a police report will give you a fighting chance. I'm in SoCal too, so while it is highly unlikely I will ever get a whiff of wind of someone selling an upper due to what I described above, but hey, I'll contribute my part to help fight crime whenever I can; so yes, there IS something you can do about it, and you just did. You let gun enthusiasts, the most likely market who would come across something like this for sale by some punk, know to keep their eyes open.

That's fighting crime, you crime-fighter you! ;)

MechEng
09-04-2012, 9:00 AM
No updates, unfortunately.

Makes for an expensive softball season though.... :(