PDA

View Full Version : Another 1911.....

SilverTauron
08-23-2012, 12:30 PM
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq266/Silversmok3/IMG_20120823_123657.jpg

Behold my latest acquisition,a Remington 1911-R1 Enhanced. Bought it this morning and ran 100 rounds through it with only one jam using an off-brand mag. Range from target, approximately 28 feet.

The weapon is capable of putting all the shots in one hole from that area, but today is a toasty day in the Dakotas and the trigger is going to take some getting used to for me. 2 years of shooting striker fired and DA/SA pistols means I have to start from scratch in learning trigger control with my 1911s, but this promises to be a fun learning process!:D

SURVIVOR619
08-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice! Enjoy...

Supertac916
08-23-2012, 1:18 PM
Nice, I didn't even know Remington was producing 1911's again. My father inlaw has his Dad's Remington 1911 from Pearl Harbor. Still has the original box, mag, and wax paper in mint condition. Sweet guns!!

Jack L
08-23-2012, 1:40 PM
Are these CA legal now? I do not see them on the roster?

You had to do the single shot exemption?

InGrAM
08-23-2012, 1:47 PM
:clap: Very good looking 1911, IMO.

I have recently decided that I must get one of these, you are a lucky man. I am still paying off my last firearms purchase, lol.

How is the trigger? I know it is a series 80 but it isn't a problem with my GSR. I figure it won't be a problem for the Remington either.

Congrats, shoot a couple of thousand rounds and tell us how it holds up, I would really like to know. ;)

SilverTauron
08-23-2012, 1:53 PM
:clap: Very good looking 1911, IMO.

I have recently decided that I must get one of these, you are a lucky man. I am still paying off my last firearms purchase, lol.

How is the trigger? I know it is a series 80 but it isn't a problem with my GSR. I figure it won't be a problem for the Remington either.

Congrats, shoot a couple of thousand rounds and tell us how it holds up, I would really like to know. ;)

The first 1911 I ever shot was a rented Nighthawk Custom , and the trigger on that gun is sublime to the point of telepathy. By comparison the R1's trigger is slightly stiffer-but only slightly, and is nevertheless a fabulous bang switch to activate.

InGrAM
08-23-2012, 2:25 PM
The first 1911 I ever shot was a rented Nighthawk Custom , and the trigger on that gun is sublime to the point of telepathy. By comparison the R1's trigger is slightly stiffer-but only slightly, and is nevertheless a fabulous bang switch to activate.

That is kind of what I figured. The reviews I have been reading make it out to be good for a series 80 at around 4.5 to 6 lbs which is good for a defensive pistol.

Have you tried any Ed Brown magazines in it?

SilverTauron
08-23-2012, 6:13 PM
That is kind of what I figured. The reviews I have been reading make it out to be good for a series 80 at around 4.5 to 6 lbs which is good for a defensive pistol.

Have you tried any Ed Brown magazines in it?

I do not know about their particular examples, but my handgun has a trigger which feels much lighter than 6 pounds. I have no scale to verify this, but the
'finger gauge' says no more than 5 pounds. I should stress that my particular weapon was a never fired display model sold at a discount, so it is possible the 'standard' box stock R1 Enhanced has a heavier trigger pull.

I use Kimber Tac-Mags in my 1911s, and so far not one malfunction's ever happened using them in multiple brands.

Are these CA legal now? I do not see them on the roster?

You had to do the single shot exemption?

In South Dakota, the handgun roster refers to what is stored in your safe. Single shot exemption here means shooting 1 round from a loaded mag, and a 10 day waiting period refers to your payroll cycle and not an article of law. ;)

regalado1
08-23-2012, 6:32 PM
Nice looking firearm. Congrats on your firearm purchase!!!

Just a quick note to the OP, when you or anyone else refers to your firearm as a "weapon" it almost always gives people a negative and bad association. Just a thought. People that aren't firearm enthusiasts such as we are, only hear what they want to hear. Think about it.

Ok, off my soapbox. Sorry to hijack, just wanted to mention it.

Really, nice firearm though.

SilverTauron
08-23-2012, 6:38 PM
Nice looking firearm. Congrats on your firearm purchase!!!

Just a quick note to the OP, when you or anyone else refers to your firearm as a "weapon" it almost always gives people a negative and bad association. Just a thought. People that aren't firearm enthusiasts such as we are, only hear what they want to hear. Think about it.

Ok, off my soapbox. Sorry to hijack, just wanted to mention it.

Really, nice firearm though.

Thank you.

As to calling my weapon what it is, I see no reason to appease the sensibility of people who have no sense. ;)

Deadbolt
08-23-2012, 7:53 PM
regalado1 - call a spade a spade. The 1911 is a fine firearm and therein a weapon.

@ the op - awesome grouping - im still working on my trigger pull skill and while im focusing @ 20yards, this grouping for a fresh 45 @ said distance is awesome :clap:

nice work

regalado1
08-23-2012, 8:26 PM
What makes it a weapon? I'd say it IS a firearm that can and is used as a weapon. Big difference between the two. A baseball ball IS a baseball bat, until it is used as a weapon, same goes for a tire iron or anything else for that matter. Same goes for a spade if the the circumstances dictate...

redcliff
08-23-2012, 8:28 PM
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq266/Silversmok3/IMG_20120823_123657.jpg

Behold my latest acquisition,a Remington 1911-R1 Enhanced. Bought it this morning and ran 100 rounds through it with only one jam using an off-brand mag. Range from target, approximately 28 feet.

The weapon is capable of putting all the shots in one hole from that area, but today is a toasty day in the Dakotas and the trigger is going to take some getting used to for me. 2 years of shooting striker fired and DA/SA pistols means I have to start from scratch in learning trigger control with my 1911s, but this promises to be a fun learning process!:D

Nice looking pistol ST, I'd like to try one of those out sometime.

Nice, I didn't even know Remington was producing 1911's again. My father inlaw has his Dad's Remington 1911 from Pearl Harbor. Still has the original box, mag, and wax paper in mint condition. Sweet guns!!

I'd love to see pictures of that!

Just a fun fact that you may already know: WWI 1911's produced by Remington-UMC have no real relationship to the WWII produced 1911a1's by Remington-Rand, which was a type-writer company under different ownership that had never produced weapons before but which ended up producing twice as many 1911a1's in WWII as Colt and Ithica combined.

Deadbolt
08-23-2012, 8:34 PM
What makes it a weapon? I'd say it IS a firearm that can and is used as a weapon. Big difference between the two. A baseball ball IS a baseball bat, until it is used as a weapon, same goes for a tire iron or anything else for that matter. Same goes for a spade if the the circumstances dictate...

the 2nd amendment makes it a weapon. Enough with the wafflehouse. Take proper responsibility for what ownership you're espousing. I dont see the purpose. I own weapons. Some are better for defense than others, but all are weapons.

SURVIVOR619
08-23-2012, 9:18 PM
In South Dakota, the handgun roster refers to what is stored in your safe. Single shot exemption here means shooting 1 round from a loaded mag, and a 10 day waiting period refers to your payroll cycle and not an article of law. ;)

Hahahaha!! As much as I wanna hate, I just can't!

Love the description brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk🔫