PDA

View Full Version : Serious Problem with Calguns Vendor...Big John's Iron Works :(

BigStiCK
08-22-2012, 9:07 PM
Hey All,
Figured I'd post here first to get the local vibe on what I should do...

I recently used my B'day gift money to purchase some items from a Vendor who's been advertising through Calguns for quite a few years. So I send him more than $300 via paypal for the items on June 24th.
-On June 29th I contacted him via Email & asked about the status of my order.
-He responded that day saying "Planning to ship Monday" (July 2nd).
-The following week I receive an Email with a tracking #, a check of the # shows only that a shipping label has been created, nothing yet shipped.
-On July 20th I sent another email asking about the items (tracking # still shows label only).
-He responds on the 22nd "The --- are shipping tomorrow thank you for your patience."
-On July 31, still havent received the items, send him another email-

***and this is the key part***
*I tell him that if he hasnt already shipped the items, please just refund the $$$ as I will be moving soon, could use the money for other expenses, AND WILL NO LONGER BE AT THAT ADDRESS.
-He responds that day that the boxes are packed & asks for the new address so he can ship them there.
-No contact for two weeks while we move to our new address.
-On Aug 16th I send him an email with our new address...
-He responds same day "Crap mark I shipped them to the old address! Do you have contact with anyone there?"
"I am sorry, I forgot we had talked and I had the label in my file so I shipped it."
JeeeZ-LouEEEZ!!!

-So while my wife is trying to contact our old landlord, I drive across town to the old house(which is now vacant)- nothing.
-Finally get in contact with old landlord & get the package on Aug 21st. Wife picks it up while I'm at work. Package seems VERY light considering the Heavy items ordered. Open box to find HALF the items are missing.
-Contact Vendor Immediately & he admits to leaving out a few items & will ship them out, but the more expensive missing items were in the box.
-He then tells me to take the matter up with the shipper (UPS), and that he will not help me in any way.

Is it MY fault that
-He waited over a month to ship & lied several times about when he would
-He ignored my request for a refund
-He shipped to the wrong address
-He left items out of the package but will only admit to the cheaper ones ($30 vs. $180)
-Will do nothing to help me Despite the fact that ALL the mistakes are his
:confused:

Do I have any recourse through Calguns?
Should I commence to flaming him on this forum?

Any & all advice is appreciated.

-Stick
:patriot:

Hey Folks,
Many of you responded in posts & PM's to out this vendor to protect the reputations of other vendors & the good folks who shop with them. I wanted to give this vendor the chance to rectify the situation, but he is once again not responding to my emails & has not shipped the items that were paid for. I am sick of playing this game.:mad:

Please be very cautious when doing business with IronMan5669 aka "Big Johns Iron Works". He has a sad tendency to take your money and then tell you he's either out of town/ injured/ running behind/ waiting on more steel/ etc...and will ship next week/ month/ whatever.:(

Tenamaxtle
08-22-2012, 9:09 PM
Out him, he deserves it

guitar-nut
08-22-2012, 9:20 PM
Out him, he deserves it

Ya, that sounds like a nightmare of an experience. While some people will say "It's just money" the fact is a lot of us don't make very much money and have to save for a long time to afford a "fun" purchase of that sort. Plus, I wouldn't let him get away with it on general principle.

imtheomegaman
08-22-2012, 9:30 PM
I'd like to hear the other side of this story. As told, not cool at all, and I'd like to avoid this vendor.

Who was it?

BigStiCK
08-22-2012, 9:38 PM
I want to handle this professionally & only seek to have the order fulfilled or get a refund for what was missing.

I'm gonna hold off droppin names until he leaves me no other recourse.

I'd like to know what the Mods have to say. Is there any way to contact them directly?

ir0nclash86
08-22-2012, 9:45 PM
**** him. I say out him after all that. Even if he fixes the issue I say you should still say who it is so some of us can still avoid him if we choose.

imtheomegaman
08-22-2012, 9:46 PM
Send one of them a pm.

Seems like you are using calguns for leverage instead of making us aware of a potential problem vendor. If the story is as you told it, you should have no problem letting us know who it was. .02, probably less.

fighterpilot562
08-22-2012, 9:50 PM
Not cool at all, sounds unprofessional, I would also like to know who it is so I am more aware. I say out him, or PM and tell him to give his side.

L4D
08-22-2012, 9:50 PM
I hate these threads. Just out him because right now you are making a ton of vendors look suspect.

Ubermcoupe
08-22-2012, 9:57 PM
I want to handle this professionally & only seek to have the order fulfilled or get a refund for what was missing.

I'm gonna hold off droppin names until he leaves me no other recourse.

I'd like to know what the Mods have to say. Is there any way to contact them directly?

Safe and legitimate move.

Hopefully it will get resolved soon. Either way, I would PM a mod and give them some info, as it helps to keep them involved and understanding of what may appear (like this thread) on the site.

Hope you get it worked out ASAP and please keep us updated. :thumbsup:

psssniper
08-22-2012, 9:57 PM
-He left items out of the package but will only admit to the cheaper ones ($30 vs. $180)

Hmm? heavy items, lied about shipping dates, didn't include full order, ignores customer? I got $5.00 that says this is Targets From Us ;)

zum
08-22-2012, 10:03 PM
I will now hold all CalGun vendors suspect

better safe then sorry :p

BigStiCK
08-22-2012, 10:05 PM
I hate these threads. Just out him because right now you are making a ton of vendors look suspect.

You have a good point. I just sent him an email with a link to this thread. If he does not respond ASAP then I will.

To the previous poster who mentioned "leverage"- Bingo! If he wishes to do business via this forum he better make customer service a priority. Word spreads quick.
:mad:

BigStiCK
08-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Hmm? heavy items, lied about shipping dates, didn't include full order, ignores customer? I got $5.00 that says this is Targets From Us ;)

Not Them. You owe me a FiveSpot.
-Stick

imtheomegaman
08-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Did you PM a mod?

imtheomegaman
08-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Did you PM a mod?

bubbapug1
08-22-2012, 10:12 PM
-He responds that day that the boxes are packed & asks for the new address so he can ship them there.
-On Aug 16th I send him an email with our new address...-He responds same day "Crap mark I shipped them to the old address! Do you have contact with anyone there?"
"I am sorry, I forgot we had talked and I had the label in my file so I shipped it."

I'd say your poor communucations on the address change caused 30% of the issue....but, he also delayed shipment which created the address snafu in the first place.

I'd go after him in small claims first, than if you win...out him here. I'd also let him know your plans so he has one last chance to placate you.

Mr. Beretta
08-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Bigstick

Sorry you're having issues with this vendor. I posted the below in another thread just yesterday. That member was having issues with another member not a business. Plus I agree with others who have requested the ID of this business.

I know there's two sides to every story so why hasn't this "long time" vendor given his side in this tread?

Good Luck!

Been here awhile now and for the most part had very good success with other members on transactions.

Being a little older than most members, I guess I'm old school in my expectations of members I do business with. I treat them with respect and maturely and expect they do the same with me.

The only acceptable reasons (in my book) for not promptly communicating with the buyer or seller during a transaction are as follows;

1....Death
2....Coma
3....Jail / Prison

Once a person accepts your payment for goods, it is their responsibility to provide those goods within the terms of the agreed transaction or immediately notify (via cell, text, email or PM) the person they are dealing with, about any issues.

Any other excuses are unacceptable and pure BS !!!

.45heat
08-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Sounds like a nightmare of a transaction. I agree with the other Calgunner, you need to OUT HIM. We all need to be aware of Vendors with poor customer service. Hope all gets resolved for you asap.

barbasol
08-22-2012, 10:44 PM
That is way to long for anything to be shipped in today's economy. File a dispute with Paypal immediately and recover your funds. Out the vendor as there has been plenty of time for responses.

The fact they admitted to leaving something out of your order without prior notice is unacceptable.

SwPx4
08-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Flame on

durandal
08-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Paypal dispute. Get your money back

Sleighter
08-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Out him for these reasons:

1) accepted money up front but didn't ship for over a month.
2) seemed able to communicate quickly when you wanted to change/cancel the order, but wasn't able to ship quickly or always communicate quickly to requests for info.
3) admits after the fact to not shipping the full order, but didn't mention it proactively or in communications before you discovered it. (I hate surprises!)
4) disputes missing items which are his fault. If he had notified you that he only shipped x,y but left out z in the 1st shipment then there wouldn't be a he-said, she-said issue with what was actually in the box.

The rest of us deserve to know who is marketing here but providing this level of "service." The vendor deserves to be outed and have an opportunity to provide their side of the story. But based on your experience, I think they've lost the benefit of anonymity.

monk
08-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Get on paypal and file a dispute that the package was incomplete.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
08-23-2012, 12:26 AM
You need to out the vendor. So no other cal gunner get's Ripped off.

khw9mm
08-23-2012, 12:33 AM
If he goes thru PayPal and they find out it was a firearms related purchase he will lose his account.

I agree with most, out with him. The rest of us should know who to deal and who not to deal. I hate threads like "I just got screwed by a fellow CG'er or vendor but I won't tell you who it is"

Might as well save everyone's time and not start this thread in the first place.

Cheep
08-23-2012, 4:41 AM
Either out him or be silent! We don't need the aggravation of this type of vendor OR only half of the story!!!

dwtt
08-23-2012, 7:14 AM
Out him, he deserves it

That won't happen. When these threads pop up, they don't name the supposed crooked vendor, often because the story is one sided or embellished. Outing the vendor will allow the vendor to refute exaggerations and inaccurate information. We will never learn who the vendor is in this case, but that's to be expected.

ptoguy2002
08-23-2012, 7:35 AM
I'm not saying this about the op, I'm just saying it in general....but a clean half the time or more when these threads pop up there is some little detail left out that makes a huge difference.

OP already admitted to a lack of communication leading to part of the problem, and I'd tell the OP it is pretty stupid to be ordering stuff when you know you will be moving a month later.

Casual_Shooter
08-23-2012, 7:41 AM
Using the above information (since that's all we have at this point)

Item was paid for on June 24th.

Seller stated it was supposed to ship July 2nd- tracking number generated the following week (?).

End of July, item still not received.

For me, it matters not that the OP moved. Three weeks is PLENTY of time to ship an item or communicate that there is an issue with the order.

TacticalPlinker
08-23-2012, 7:56 AM
it is pretty stupid to be ordering stuff when you know you will be moving a month later.

I can't disagree with that more. Unless it's something custom or hand made, it shouldn't take a month to place an order, have the order fulfilled, and receive your order.

These actions should not be tolerated... There is zero excuse for complete lack of customer service and/or being otherwise jerked around by any individual or company in a business transaction. If that's how you run your business, please let me know so I can take my business elsewhere.

To what I've said above, I'm speaking in general terms. We don't have the full story here, or the details. We have no idea who he ordered from or what he ordered.

cannon
08-23-2012, 8:10 AM
I'm not saying this about the op, I'm just saying it in general....but a clean half the time or more when these threads pop up there is some little detail left out that makes a huge difference.

OP already admitted to a lack of communication leading to part of the problem, and I'd tell the OP it is pretty stupid to be ordering stuff when you know you will be moving a month later.

The rest of the story aside. I strongly disagree with the part in bold.

The old days of mail order with a 6-8 week delivery time have been gone since the internet and credit card type purchases began.

It's been many years since I ordered something over the internet that did not ship out in a day or three unless the item was in "Out of stock" status.

TacticalPlinker
08-23-2012, 8:18 AM
OP; You said you had the open the box to find out items were missing. Was the box sealed? Had it been resealed? Did you literally have to cut open the tape?

If the box was still taped shut with its original seal (not taped shut by UPS), the vendor has no way of claiming the package was tampered with and items were stolen. If the box was open, I'd like to know why. Was it cut? Was the box damaged by UPS? Did the vendor just do a crappy job sealing the box?

The truth is in the details.

tenpercentfirearms
08-23-2012, 8:22 AM
Ok enough speculation. I am the vendor in question. He ordered a 100 pack of my autographed posters and it takes awhile to sign them all.

Ten Percent Firearms Posters (http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/elrojo14/guns/jk10.jpg)

paul0660
08-23-2012, 8:24 AM
Ok enough speculation. I am the vendor in question. He ordered a 100 pack of my autographed posters and it takes awhile to sign them all.

Ten Percent Firearms Posters (http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/elrojo14/guns/jk10.jpg)

Fer chrissakes use both hands then.

zfields
08-23-2012, 8:31 AM

what has been seen cannot be unseen.

cannon
08-23-2012, 8:35 AM

You are a very sick puppy. :rofl2:

Olav
08-23-2012, 8:37 AM
Without a name all Cal Guns vendors are suspects,which is not fair to the others,otherwise its just a pissing contest

I'm the Cal Guns vendor and so is my wife.

zman
08-23-2012, 8:43 AM
Being a little older than most members, I guess I'm old school in my expectations of members I do business with. I treat them with respect and maturely and expect they do the same with me.

The only acceptable reasons (in my book) for not promptly communicating with the buyer or seller during a transaction are as follows;

1....Death
2....Coma
3....Jail / Prison

Once a person accepts your payment for goods, it is their responsibility to provide those goods within the terms of the agreed transaction or immediately notify (via cell, text, email or PM) the person they are dealing with, about any issues.

Any other excuses are unacceptable and pure BS !!!

I wholeheartedly agree! :)

Regardless of age, this is how business should be done.

em9sredbeam
08-23-2012, 9:04 AM
It is time to out him, and give him a chance to respond. I try and buy through cg vendors, and I would like to know who to think twice about.

Czsp-01-9mm
08-23-2012, 9:06 AM

Your wife talk you into doing that?

And the vendor had enough time to ship, bad business ethic

Casual_Shooter
08-23-2012, 9:16 AM

It is time to out him, and give him a chance to respond.

Am I not reading the first quote correctly? Sounds like he was the vendor?

Or is my reading comprehension bone broken again?

drkphibr
08-23-2012, 9:22 AM
Based on the thread comments and what you listed my perspective would be:

Issue: He waited over a month to ship & lied several times about when he would
My .02: Totally unacceptable. 5-10 business days max, unless item(s) stated as backordered and you're willing to wait.

Issue: He ignored my request for a refund
My .02: Couple of thoughts here. He didn't have them in stock, but still wanted his profit, so he strung you along hoping they'd arrive (guessing some came in for him to ship to you, but not all of them) in a reasonable time. He guessed wrong. PayPal used. Need I say more. Since you didn't leverage PayPal and file a dispute, I'll assume you sent the $$ as a gift so he wouldn't have to pay the 4%. This is why you don't use PayPal IMHO. A vendor that won't accept a major credit card is not a vendor as far as I'm concerned. I get the small/home based business. But this is what happens. Bad business practice all the way around. You had a legit refund request.

Issue: He shipped to the wrong address
My .02: Sounds fishy. Maybe he's hoping you couldn't retrieve and he's "in the clear now" as PayPal will only look at the tracking as being "delivered". Another reason PayPal is shady.

Issue: He left items out of the package but will only admit to the cheaper ones ($30 vs. $180)
My .02: Back to a combination of he didn't have the items to ship, or even worse, knew you moved and only wanted to ship some of them so it would look like he fulfilled the order (from a shipping perspective). More PayPal politics. Makes this vendor even more suspect, especially after admitting it.

Issue: Will do nothing to help me Despite the fact that ALL the mistakes are his
My .02: Apparently, he feels he fulfilled his end of the transaction.

Your action item: OMG, out him so the rest of us can avoid his business practices as he's CLEARLY not an honest vendor. When you add this list of actions together, it points to fraud and theft.

Curley Red
08-23-2012, 9:51 AM
Why is it that when people have issues they do not pick up the phone and call, it seems that everyone wants to fix things via email. If I have an issue with a purchase or anything else I do not do it through emails, I pick up the phone and call. And if the vendor does not list a phone number I do not order from them.

ke6guj
08-23-2012, 10:10 AM
I like doing things through email since I can take a moment to put my thoughts to words and can be more precise what I am saying. Sometimes on the phone, people have a hard time thinking on the fly. With email conversation, there is a record of what was said, it isn't a he-said/he-said situation that happens when you just have a phone call.

Now, yes, with a 5 minute phone call, a lot more can be said than during a back and forth email conversation, and you can always send a recap email documenting what you got from the call.

frankDmole
08-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Why is it that when people have issues they do not pick up the phone and call, it seems that everyone wants to fix things via email. If I have an issue with a purchase or anything else I do not do it through emails, I pick up the phone and call. And if the vendor does not list a phone number I do not order from them.

I agree with the phone call, but e-mail does leave a paper trail and it provides prof of the claims.

Mesa Tactical
08-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Am I not reading the first quote correctly? Sounds like he was the vendor?

Or is my reading comprehension bone broken again?

I am Spartacus.

SNCaliber
08-23-2012, 10:33 AM
I say out him so we can avoid dealing with this vendor, that is more than one should go through for a sale!

zman
08-23-2012, 11:06 AM

I know TPF is foolin' around but are you? Did you miss the smiley or something? :confused:

DSB
08-23-2012, 11:22 AM

http://www.xdtalk.com/gallery/data/600/medium/eyebleach.jpg

fighterpilot562
08-23-2012, 12:24 PM

My eyess they burn!

biglou
08-23-2012, 1:56 PM

^ That's it ? No dispute in the OP's story ?

Darto
08-23-2012, 2:42 PM
Somewhere there is a mailman with ninety-three RE-AH-LY cool autographed posters!

khw9mm
08-23-2012, 2:57 PM
Or maybe the vendor can just come out on his own and give his side of the story. I'm all ears for that!!

There are always 2 sides to every story right?

RCJeeper
08-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Horrible thread. It feels like the end of a day time drama. . . time wasted, nothing learned.

tenpercentfirearms
08-23-2012, 11:28 PM
I made a video response to these largely baseless accusations!

4uzaTCFIKkc

Twystd1
08-23-2012, 11:30 PM
OMG...

I can't stop crying.........

BlueDog333
08-24-2012, 12:10 AM
I made a video response to these largely baseless accusations!

http://youtu.be/yTEi6Nx9uwY

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, FIRE CROTCH AGAIN DAMN IT!:puke:

1 SIG fan
08-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Tpf owes me a new iPad.... My screen exploded

strongpoint
08-24-2012, 4:14 AM

i keep scrubbing my retinas, but this image won't come off.

SilverSurfer7
08-24-2012, 9:30 AM
If this vendor did this to you, chances are he'll do it to others. It's your duty to inform the members here who he is.

MikeR
08-24-2012, 12:05 PM
I like doing things through email since I can take a moment to put my thoughts to words and can be more precise what I am saying. Sometimes on the phone, people have a hard time thinking on the fly. With email conversation, there is a record of what was said, it isn't a he-said/he-said situation that happens when you just have a phone call.

Now, yes, with a 5 minute phone call, a lot more can be said than during a back and forth email conversation, and you can always send a recap email documenting what you got from the call.

^^this.. I do this when selling on CGN too. Papertrails they ain't just for the feds anymore.

Name them, so far I only hear one side of the story.

em9sredbeam
08-24-2012, 12:32 PM
IT BURNS!!!! So very wrong. I may never sleep again.

call-in
08-24-2012, 2:00 PM

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg131/Deltacod/NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Loubot10
08-24-2012, 2:09 PM
Hey All,
Figured I'd post here first to get the local vibe on what I should do...

I recently used my B'day gift money to purchase some items from a Vendor who's been advertising through Calguns for quite a few years. So I send him more than $300 via paypal for the items on June 24th.
-On June 29th I contacted him via Email & asked about the status of my order.
-He responded that day saying "Planning to ship Monday" (July 2nd).
-The following week I receive an Email with a tracking #, a check of the # shows only that a shipping label has been created, nothing yet shipped.
-On July 20th I sent another email asking about the items (tracking # still shows label only).
-He responds on the 22nd "The --- are shipping tomorrow thank you for your patience."
-On July 31, still havent received the items, send him another email-

***and this is the key part***
*I tell him that if he hasnt already shipped the items, please just refund the $$$ as I will be moving soon, could use the money for other expenses, AND WILL NO LONGER BE AT THAT ADDRESS.
-On Aug 16th I send him an email with our new address...
-He responds same day "Crap mark I shipped them to the old address! Do you have contact with anyone there?"
JeeeZ-LouEEEZ!!!

-So while my wife is trying to contact our old landlord, I drive across town to the old house(which is now vacant)- nothing.
-Finally get in contact with old landlord & get the package on Aug 21st. Wife picks it up while I'm at work. Package seems VERY light considering the Heavy items ordered. Open box to find HALF the items are missing.
-Contact Vendor Immediately & he admits to leaving out a few items & will ship them out, but the more expensive missing items were in the box.
-He then tells me to take the matter up with the shipper (UPS), and that he will not help me in any way.

Is it MY fault that
:confused:

Do I have any recourse through Calguns?
Should I commence to flaming him on this forum?

Any & all advice is appreciated.

-Stick

Small claims up to $5,000.00
He admitted that he forgot and shipped to the wrong address.

It would be no different than if they had shipped it to my house and you came looking for it there. My house is not where it was supposed to go and not in your control.

BigDoggPunisher
08-24-2012, 6:07 PM
You know I've been lerking on this site for a while and purchased products from some of the vendors on her from there websites. This thread sparked my interest to actually register on this site so I couls speak my mind. I would agree that you should out him because it is not fair to the other great Vendors on here that provide good service and great products. Plus you would help out your fellow Calgunners and other lerkers from going through the same problems and financial heartache like you have gone through.

paul0660
08-24-2012, 6:10 PM
Big Dogg, do you think it happened?

monk
08-24-2012, 6:16 PM
I think all other vendors should have a "not it" sale. Everything up to $100 would be free. :D

gundad
08-24-2012, 6:21 PM

Monty Python reference? If so, well played sir I salute you. Now its time for crucifixion. Line on the left one cross each.

If it is not a MP reference. I was never on this thread, nothing to see here, move on.

fabguy
08-25-2012, 6:02 AM
When I am shopping in the commercial section, I only buy from registered "vendor / retailer" & "contributors". Otherwise your taking your own risks.

I hope it works out for you OP.

R1J1D
08-25-2012, 7:07 AM
Monty Python reference? If so, well played sir I salute you. Now its time for crucifixion. Line on the left one cross each.

If it is not a MP reference. I was never on this thread, nothing to see here, move on.

LoL & now for something completely different!

:inquis:

nothing4u
08-25-2012, 10:46 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my eyes.

BigDoggPunisher
08-29-2012, 7:10 PM
Big Dogg, do you think it happened?

Well the original post was that he had the problem and from what he described it is very bad business. I'm sure it happened to him. I personally would like to stay clear of that vendor and not waste my time. I don't see that he has outed the Vendor that is doing him wrong as of yet. I personally feel the longer he holds out on telling us who it is, the worse it gets for everyone on here, Vendors and Members alike. Hopefully he will tell us soon.

SidTheMuss
08-30-2012, 12:29 AM
looks like the op just trolled all of us, lol (besides as long as you never pay with "gift" option or whatever it is called it's pretty easy to get a refund from paypal)

Ron-Solo
08-30-2012, 1:07 AM
:troll:

Don't feed them

1000stars
08-30-2012, 1:08 AM
Here is my advise. Name the Vendor!

There is always two sides to a story. Only reason not to out the vendor is you don't want us to know your story is B.S.!

Dingoguns
08-30-2012, 1:36 AM

There is always two sides to a story. Only reason not to out the vendor is you don't want us to know your story is B.S.!

^^^ This.

johnny1290
08-30-2012, 2:32 AM
OMG that 10% firearms vid was just wrong!!!!

gawd I haven't laughed like that all day I'm glad I watched it. bwahahahaha.

Next time, more skin!! ;-)

m98
08-30-2012, 2:37 AM
Omg.............my eyes.......it hurts.........Wes u r such a slut lol

dwtt
08-30-2012, 3:29 AM
OMG that 10% firearms vid was just wrong!!!!

gawd I haven't laughed like that all day I'm glad I watched it. bwahahahaha.

Next time, more skin!! ;-)

Oh H3ll No!
you're a sick puppy.

spdrcr
08-30-2012, 9:46 AM
Posts like this should just be locked by the mods. They do no one any good.

The Virus
08-30-2012, 9:49 AM
Posts like this should just be locked by the mods. They do no one any good.

Unless the OP is willing to name the vendor,my then lock and or delete this

tenpercentfirearms
08-30-2012, 2:09 PM
Unless the OP is willing to name the vendor,my then lock and or delete this

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

Aldemar
08-30-2012, 2:25 PM

There are actually 3 sides to every story; your side, their side and the truth.

Out this place or I would ask that the mods delete this thread. The amount of time in which you have had an opportunity to out this place is rivaling the time of your supposed issue.

You are making all vendors suspect (except for TPF - we all know he is gone off the deep end:D)

Agent Orange
08-30-2012, 2:44 PM
Interesting. I refuse to deal with any vendor here for no other reason than they're here.

Press Check
08-30-2012, 2:55 PM
10%, you're the man indeed, LOL. What a friggin' great sense of humor.

Press Check
08-30-2012, 2:56 PM
Based on the thread comments and what you listed my perspective would be:

Issue: He waited over a month to ship & lied several times about when he would
My .02: Totally unacceptable. 5-10 business days max, unless item(s) stated as backordered and you're willing to wait.

Issue: He ignored my request for a refund
My .02: Couple of thoughts here. He didn't have them in stock, but still wanted his profit, so he strung you along hoping they'd arrive (guessing some came in for him to ship to you, but not all of them) in a reasonable time. He guessed wrong. PayPal used. Need I say more. Since you didn't leverage PayPal and file a dispute, I'll assume you sent the $$ as a gift so he wouldn't have to pay the 4%. This is why you don't use PayPal IMHO. A vendor that won't accept a major credit card is not a vendor as far as I'm concerned. I get the small/home based business. But this is what happens. Bad business practice all the way around. You had a legit refund request.

Issue: He shipped to the wrong address
My .02: Sounds fishy. Maybe he's hoping you couldn't retrieve and he's "in the clear now" as PayPal will only look at the tracking as being "delivered". Another reason PayPal is shady.

Issue: He left items out of the package but will only admit to the cheaper ones ($30 vs. $180)
My .02: Back to a combination of he didn't have the items to ship, or even worse, knew you moved and only wanted to ship some of them so it would look like he fulfilled the order (from a shipping perspective). More PayPal politics. Makes this vendor even more suspect, especially after admitting it.

Issue: Will do nothing to help me Despite the fact that ALL the mistakes are his
My .02: Apparently, he feels he fulfilled his end of the transaction.

Your action item: OMG, out him so the rest of us can avoid his business practices as he's CLEARLY not an honest vendor. When you add this list of actions together, it points to fraud and theft.

Think this just about sums it all up.

Sakiri
08-30-2012, 4:50 PM

Nice legs.

Now go tan them.

BigStiCK
09-07-2012, 5:05 PM
:(Please be very cautious when doing business with Ironman5669 aka "Big Johns Iron Works".

Twystd1
09-07-2012, 7:47 PM
Driving from Oceanside to Fresno for 300 bucks isn't worth it.

Or is it?

T

tenpercentfirearms
09-07-2012, 11:29 PM
That does remind me, John where are my target stands?

Quinc
09-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Tag. For an epic internet battle that will go down in the bowls of time. :D

Yugo
09-08-2012, 11:07 AM

:popcorn:

L4D
09-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Oh wow. I had problems with the this same vendor a while back. Not surprised. He sent me an incomplete stand missing the legs and it took nearly 6 weeks to get the legs. Good prices though. Just know what may be ahead.

Annex138
09-08-2012, 1:22 PM
That sucks to find out others have had problems with the same guy. Ban his ***.

sseric75
09-08-2012, 1:23 PM
I had the same problem with this guy. After I contacted him he apologized and told me he'd include a couple goodies to make up for it. Well I got the package but the extra goodies were never included. I didn't waste my time contacting him again. I don't Reccomend doing business with this person.

VictorFranko
09-08-2012, 1:31 PM
Funny, ironman5669 has 52 positive iTrader ratings and not one negative, not from L4D, not from sseric75, not even from the BigStick himself :confused:

L4D
09-08-2012, 3:00 PM
Funny, ironman5669 has 52 positive iTrader ratings and not one negative, not from L4D, not from sseric75, not even from the BigStick himself :confused:

I just didn't leave any feedback. I got what I paid for. It just took forever, and communication was really poor. But I wasn't going to make an effort to steer business away from him because of it.

His 3/4 AR500 plate he sold me is still amazing and barely pitted after countless range trips. The stand has not made it this far.

Some Guy
09-08-2012, 3:48 PM
I have no dog in the fight but would like to thank the OP for outing a crappy vendor.

jess1911
09-09-2012, 9:23 AM
negative feedbacks can be (and are) removed by mods. just saying.

SocomM4
09-09-2012, 9:39 AM
If your unhappy, then leave feedback reflecting that. If not , youre doing a major dis-service to the other people on the forum. Do your part.

bob7122
09-09-2012, 9:52 AM
negative feedbacks can be (and are) removed by mods. just saying.

and what are you trying to imply?

that the CGN.net is protecting bad business?

that CGN.net/mods are protecting their cash flow?

this is a community and the sight would not last long if this were true. just saying.:rolleyes:

jess1911
09-09-2012, 10:08 AM
and what are you trying to imply?

that the CGN.net is protecting bad business?

that CGN.net/mods are protecting their cash flow?

this is a community and the sight would not last long if this were true. just saying.:rolleyes:

trying to imply? nothing. stating a fact. i can think of one prominent member/seller who had a negative feedback left at the 40 ish i trader feedback number and now he is at 160 ish with 100% positive. he has not been active in a month or 2 as of today. i left a well established member/ seller a neutral as i was clearly the first to claim a firearm with a no questions asked full price ill take it and he sold it to the 2nd guy in line while not making any contact with me. he then proceeded to lecture me on how hes been burned before by new members and maybe hed take a chance on me next time. all while telling me that newbies dont have a clue how its done around here and that he "smells a ban hammer coming". seriously- he wrote that. douchebaggery in text. in the mods defense they removed the feedback he subsequently left me as well as the feedback i left him. the neutral i left him and the negative he left me. you can now un roll your eyes.

demo40
09-09-2012, 10:24 AM
almost the same situation , took over a month to recieve item purchased and there was a balance due from his end, havent recieved anything but excuses ( total 60 days so far )said there was something in the package to make up the difference (I didnt realize air was so valuable , because thats all there was in there to cover the difference ) 10 -15 emails and still getting a hand job ............

ramathorn
09-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Bad vendor, bad! ::shakes finger::

Quinc
09-09-2012, 10:32 AM
OP you should add the vendors name to the title of the thread.

JNunez23
09-09-2012, 10:52 AM
We should keep a sticky of all vendors/sellers who have done someone wrong.

"Wall of Shame"

goodlookin1
09-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Took months for me too. 6" swingers are still awesome and hold up incredibly, so the product is fine, great even......it's getting it that's the problem. I understood them to be "in stock" and it took, if I remember correctly, nearly 3 months to get them. Bad communication from PM's so I looked him up online and got his cell #. Much better communication at that point, but it still took a long time.

All in all, my impression that not that he is dishonest, but that he's overloaded with work and under-estimates the time it will take to ship a product. For the price, I guess I cannot complain. I just wish it was stated ahead of time that it may take a few months to get the product.

I dont think he should be taking payments before the product is ready to ship. If something is on "backorder", wait till it is ready to take payment. Or at LEAST let the person understand before taking payment that even though the payment is made, they wont receive the product for x amount of time.

Dan000
09-09-2012, 12:45 PM

Lol
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=526624
🔫

BigStiCK
09-09-2012, 12:52 PM

You know what, you're right. Completely overlooked that little item.
Thankyou.
;)

Update: Done!!!

unamused
09-09-2012, 5:08 PM
I had a feeling it was this vendor..

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. From when I ordered to when I received the item took about 1.5 weeks. A couple days after I ordered I asked for a shipping update (just out of curiosity since the item was stated as in stock) and he immediately apologized saying he had a family medical emergency to attend to and that the item would ship out the next day. The next day, I got an email that the label had been created for the item. A couple days after that I emailed him again because there was no tracking information, he responded saying it was scheduled to be picked up the next day. Low and behold, tracking showed movement the next day and everything went off without a hitch.

I guess I just got lucky that I had absolutely no problems (I dont care if it takes a day or 2 to ship out) with my order. However, I have heard many horror stories like your own. It sounds like he really needs to get his act together because the products that he sells are VERY competitively priced, and the quality is outstanding. I absolutely LOVE the dueling tree I purchased from him.

drkphibr
09-09-2012, 8:33 PM
Glad the OP outed the vendor as others have come forward with similar interactions.

Sounds like the vendor is VERY shady, as many of the responses have the same story lines from the vendor, especially the part about "goodies" to make up for the hassle that never show up.

One vendor I will make sure to avoid.

sfhondapilot
09-09-2012, 9:00 PM
Wow

I was ready to order the dueling tree after experiencing the hostage trainer.

ColdDeadHands1
09-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Bummer! I have been eyeballing his tree and other products for awhile now. Not sure if I want to deal with this poor service though.

I wonder if Big John will stop by and defend himself?

bob7122
09-10-2012, 7:23 AM
trying to imply? nothing. stating a fact. i can think of one prominent member/seller who had a negative feedback left at the 40 ish i trader feedback number and now he is at 160 ish with 100% positive. he has not been active in a month or 2 as of today.
idk that situation and unless you somehow know as to why he had the negative feedback removed, i would not speculate.- it could have been the negative feedback was retaliatory; unless you know otherwise.

i left a well established member/ seller a neutral as i was clearly the first to claim a firearm with a no questions asked full price ill take it and he sold it to the 2nd guy in line while not making any contact with me. he then proceeded to lecture me on how hes been burned before by new members and maybe hed take a chance on me next time. all while telling me that newbies dont have a clue how its done around here and that he "smells a ban hammer coming". seriously- he wrote that. douchebaggery in text. in the mods defense they removed the feedback he subsequently left me as well as the feedback i left him. the neutral i left him and the negative he left me. you can now un roll your eyes.
i don't believe there is a rule stating the seller has to give it to the 1st person who says "i'll take it". if so, please show it to me. the only reason i would complain about that dude would be if he said he would sell to you and sold it to someone else. but you stated that he ignored you from the get go. and lastly, he can sell to whomever he wants for whatever reason. it is a free market. should he have excluded you for being a junior member? probably not, but that is up to him.

if you do have some problem with how things are run, talk to kestryll. maybe he can help you out.

Shoot-it
09-10-2012, 7:39 AM
trying to imply? nothing. stating a fact. i can think of one prominent member/seller who had a negative feedback left at the 40 ish i trader feedback number and now he is at 160 ish with 100% positive. he has not been active in a month or 2 as of today. i left a well established member/ seller a neutral as i was clearly the first to claim a firearm with a no questions asked full price ill take it and he sold it to the 2nd guy in line while not making any contact with me. he then proceeded to lecture me on how hes been burned before by new members and maybe hed take a chance on me next time. all while telling me that newbies dont have a clue how its done around here and that he "smells a ban hammer coming". seriously- he wrote that. douchebaggery in text. in the mods defense they removed the feedback he subsequently left me as well as the feedback i left him. the neutral i left him and the negative he left me. you can now un roll your eyes.
Sorry dude It does not matter who is first or last the seller decides who he sells it to! mods did right deleting your's and his comments.

jess1911
09-10-2012, 9:19 AM
while i completely agree that sellers can sell to who they want there was a lot of back on forth on the thing. turns out there was a previous deal done between them and he simply passed me over. fair enough but dont post a "first to post ill take it- its yours" with no other stipulations. i post a ill take it and then pm that i can come to them anytime in the next 3-4 days with a fistfull of cash and get passed over for a guy who post an hour or so later. iam a ok with a "its my gun and i will choose only guys who are 6ft to sell to" but lay it out as such in your ad.

eta- i tried looking through my post history and the 4 or 5 post i made regarding the gun/being passed over were deleted by a mod also. I AM NOT SAYING ITS A BIG DEAL. iam just saying it happens.

jess1911
09-10-2012, 9:23 AM
if you do have some problem with how things are run, talk to kestryll. maybe he can help you out.

not that iam insinuating that you dont also but ive got a life and what happens here on calguns has zero effect on my day. its their ball and they can play how they want. iam just posting a situation that i know happened. 2 situations actually. my thing and the other user who had a negative taken away at least a year after it was left.

ironman5669
09-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Hello everyone. I am not surprised to see this thread, in fact it is well deserved criticism. I would like to thank the few who have said kind words, and to the two individuals out there who I owe product to. I would like to assure you that you will recieve your orders very soon. I have never cheated anyone out of anything and you will not be the first. I have been forced by a situation beyond my control (family, health, and work,)to close this business as I cannot currently handle the work load. The website is down, and as you can see my threads here on CG have not been bumped for quite some time. I regret that I was not able to leave under more favorable conditions, but such is life. For those of you that know me, you know what I have been going through, those of you who dont, well let's just say it's been rough. To all of you who have purchased targets from me over the years, thank you for your support and for your many kind words. I have enjoyed this experience.

Sincerely

Big John

BigStiCK
09-10-2012, 1:05 PM
Hello everyone. I am not surprised to see this thread, in fact it is well deserved criticism. I would like to thank the few who have said kind words, and to the two individuals out there who I owe product to. I would like to assure you that you will recieve your orders very soon. I have never cheated anyone out of anything and you will not be the first. I have been forced by a situation beyond my control (family, health, and work,)to close this business as I cannot currently handle the work load. The website is down, and as you can see my threads here on CG have not been bumped for quite some time. I regret that I was not able to leave under more favorable conditions, but such is life. For those of you that know me, you know what I have been going through, those of you who dont, well let's just say it's been rough. To all of you who have purchased targets from me over the years, thank you for your support and for your many kind words. I have enjoyed this experience.

Sincerely

Big John

John,
I understand family difficulties, because I am in the middle of one right now- a BIG one. I am currently selling ALL my gear to cover the costs, so the fact that I've lost a bunch of money from our transaction hurts all the more.

Despite the fact that you left me "swingin' in the breeze", I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

-Stick

demo40
09-27-2012, 8:36 PM
well big john , the story is sad but I still havent recieved the difference how about a refund as discussed 2-3 months ago , I dont know if this is common issue with vendors but I think I'll hand it over to the C/C company if it isnt too late .

Smoke&Rattler
10-03-2012, 11:02 AM
I'd call Paypal. I think you have 30 or 90 days. Your bank you have longer. Most issue a temp refund in 24hrs until it's settled. Last, you have small claims for $40. Once served, he will pay.

Honestly? Wasn't too impressed with vendors reply. More something you tell your buddy when you owe him for lunch than a business reply.

You guys have options. How important is the money to you factors in what option if any you choose. Good luck.

unamused
10-03-2012, 9:03 PM
This really sucks all around... I hope those customers who were/are still left waiting for a refund/shipments get what they request and that Big John can get through whatever is going on in his life and maybe eventually get back into the business and do things right.

I was really planning on getting some more targets from him as my budget would allow but I guess I'll have to look elsewhere now.

coq
10-03-2012, 9:24 PM

Sincerely

Big John

Sorry for your problems and good luck to you. Thank you for the great communication, awesome product and prompt delivery.

Smoke&Rattler
10-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Sorry for your problems and good luck to you. Thank you for the great communication, awesome product and prompt delivery.

Surprised to see a going away party when other current members were cheated and lied too out of their hard earned cash.

I really hope those cheated take the appropriate steps to get their money back.

Speedpower
10-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Looks like another Jack Ross in the brew!

addyyoon
10-09-2012, 2:06 AM
Uh, I just stumbled upon this thread looking for a video review of the hostage swinger target I purchased last week. The website is NOT down and my payment was taken via Google Checkout. I'm kind of upset that I didn't see this thread before, but I hope I can get my money back. Calling Big John first thing in the morning

cmichini
10-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Your first mistake was paypal.

If you had used a cc you could say 'cancel' and dispute the charge. Done deal.

Imagine trying to get cash back from paypal for a gun related purchase. Now that would be entertaining.

specwar
01-29-2013, 8:37 PM
I missed this thread as well, and placed an order on his website in November. Now the end of January, and still hasn't been received. I emailed in december, and it was supposed to ship 'within the week'. Has anyone else received orders recently?

ArmyMedicMoose
03-18-2013, 10:01 PM
I have received my order in a timely manner. This now my third order with John,

sternshot44
04-22-2013, 11:52 AM
having the same problem placed my order in february. told it would be a two week turn around. here i am nearing the end of april and every time i contact him i am told it will ship next week. been told that 3 times now. definitely should have researched him a bit more before placing my order.

addyyoon
04-22-2013, 3:56 PM
Yea, it was a pain in the butt, but I got my product and I love it. Wish it were an easier experience

sternshot44
04-22-2013, 7:42 PM
well to be honest even if i do end up getting my product i highly doubt i would ever do business with them again. its just too frustrating to spend a significant amount of money and be toyed around with

TurboChrisB
04-22-2013, 9:47 PM
So not only is Big John a loser but a liar as well.

hellayella
04-23-2013, 12:04 PM
I never buy expensive stuff via markplace, with the exception of AKfiles...there if u flake or do something iffy, ur BANNED...no ifs, but or why's...and ur IP# is tracked so you dont' re-register under another name...

for the CALGUNS marketplace, I just do FTF transactions and no exceptions

Norcal Industries
04-23-2013, 12:37 PM
ive bought 4 hostage takers and 1 dueling tree from john, although i didnt have them shipped. i drove to visalia and fresno and picked them up myself. great deal for the price and im still considering a couple more. too bad hes having problems....

sternshot44
04-23-2013, 4:10 PM
well at this point regardless if i get my target or not and the quality i have been left with such a bitter taste in my mouth after dealing with this vendor that i would never do business nor recommend another do business with him again. the thing is i understand problems come up with health, work, family etc. however a company or vendor should not pass that problem onto the customer. if bigjohn would have told me from the beginning he was having problems and my order would be delayed 6 weeks i would have been upset but understood that things arise outside of our control. but when he doesnt contact me and i have to contact him time and time again in order to try and get some kind of update. and i he doesnt answer or return calls yet if you look at his account on calguns he is still actively posting firearms for sell you start to wonder what the hell is going on. maybe i am being naive in my thinking that a company or business should care about its customers and maybe its ridiculous to suggest that if you were to delay someones order for that long of a period to offer that customer some kind of compensation in order to show them that they are apologetic and still appreciate your business. because i know for a fact if the tables were turned and he were to send my order and i pay once i receive it, if i were to delay payment 6 weeks he would be upset. anyways i think i have ranted and raved enough for today.

BigStiCK
04-27-2013, 3:29 PM
This sounds familiar...
:facepalm:

sapro
04-28-2013, 9:48 AM
Bought a dueling tree from big John. Best price around for ar500 tree. Shipped same week as when I placed the order. Impressed with the quality. This was over a year ago. Good communication too.

Awesome overall experience.

Wonder what happen.