PDA

View Full Version : Ruger LCP... WTF it's not on the list!

bigdawg86
08-22-2012, 7:42 PM
What kind of delusional state was I in? I want a 380 pocket gun to finish my personal "roster" before I apply for my CCW... The LCP fit what I wanted (and wanted to afford) perfectly. I got to my LGS ready to jail one and to my dismay its not a "safe" gun! The Bersa Thunder was there but is not much smaller than my XD 9mm subcompact... And the only other pocket gun they had was the Kahr 380 (what I want but I can't get right now), and a 32 ACP... California sucks! Rant over.

mif_slim
08-22-2012, 7:46 PM
LC9...or PPT

bigdawg86
08-22-2012, 7:49 PM
Ya somehow I think in order to PPT one I'm gonna need to just jump on one regardless of price... So maybe I'll let my wife go crazy at Nordstroms so I can get the Kahr.

NSR500
08-22-2012, 7:57 PM
SSE

gatesbox
08-22-2012, 8:00 PM
There was one in the marketplace the other day with crimson trace and houge grip with 2 mags. Asking was 500 with the CrimsonTrace, which isn't horrible off-list markup. I sold the same gun a year ago for $450 which was basically what I paid new.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=611127&highlight=Lcp

bigdawg86
08-22-2012, 8:00 PM
Now to ask the same question... Again. Who will do it?

Bartin
08-22-2012, 8:08 PM
again. read the single shot exemption explanation sticky (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692) that is at the top of the handgun forum

XDRoX
08-22-2012, 8:51 PM
Do whatever you need to do to get one. It's an awesome little pistol. I love mine. I think Ruger really did it right with this one.

Gabriel80
08-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Do whatever you need to do to get one. It's an awesome little pistol. I love mine. I think Ruger really did it right with this one.

I concur!! I love my LCP. I had to troll the classifieds here and when one popped up near by I jumped on it.

Awesome firearm.

D53
08-22-2012, 11:02 PM
I owned a LCP and honestly it was not a gun I wanted to fire if my life was on the line. Yes I understand its a great concealed gun, but when it came time to fire it.... lets just say I wouldn't even want to qualify with it. Yes everyone has their own opinions and this is just mine. But the LCP is not a comfortable gun to shoot. You ask, what does comfort have to do with a CC gun. Well if the ergonomics are not right, then you wont want to practice with the pistol, if you don't practice then your odds of bad shot placement when the time comes to use the pistol increases. Ergonomics and training lead to accuracy. Accuracy leads to good shot placement, which leads to me minimizing the gap in a possible civilian injury during an altercation.

(sorry if there are some run on sentences, but I am a little intoxicated right now, but I am sure my idea gets through)

Either way good luck on your CC pistol search.

cruising7388
08-23-2012, 8:24 PM
the LCP is not a comfortable gun to shoot.

You got that right. Fifty rounds through an LCP makes your hand feel like you shoved it into a running blender.

Merc1138
08-23-2012, 8:33 PM
You got that right. Fifty rounds through an LCP makes your hand feel like you shoved it into a running blender.

I wouldn't say that it beats my hands up, so much as it beats up my trigger finger(I guess the trigger guard smacks the bottom of my trigger finger on recoil). If I could get a CCW permit in my county, I'd only carry the LCP if it was the only practical option due to clothing for the day or something.

PM720
08-23-2012, 8:52 PM
I love my LCP! Yeah, 50 rounds can be a big session but it's doable. I usually run about 30 or so on any given session. I struggled a bit when I first got it but I was determined to master it and I think I have done ok with it. I can generally keep 6 rounds center mass in under 10 seconds. I don't usually push it too much at the indoor range. ;)

Scott

JAGGUY
08-23-2012, 8:55 PM
I'm surprised that so many think the LCP is uncomfortable to shoot.
When I finally got mine I was blown away at how much nicer to shoot than my P64, Pa63, and just about all the rest of the small 9mm Makarov type blowback pistols.

pyromensch
08-23-2012, 9:42 PM
I owned a LCP and honestly it was not a gun I wanted to fire if my life was on the line. Yes I understand its a great concealed gun, but when it came time to fire it.... lets just say I wouldn't even want to qualify with it. Yes everyone has their own opinions and this is just mine. But the LCP is not a comfortable gun to shoot. You ask, what does comfort have to do with a CC gun. Well if the ergonomics are not right, then you wont want to practice with the pistol, if you don't practice then your odds of bad shot placement when the time comes to use the pistol increases. Ergonomics and training lead to accuracy. Accuracy leads to good shot placement, which leads to me minimizing the gap in a possible civilian injury during an altercation.

(sorry if there are some run on sentences, but I am a little intoxicated right now, but I am sure my idea gets through)

Either way good luck on your CC pistol search.

a friend of mine has one, i had no problem with shooting it, and accurately, (once you learn the trigger). and not every pistol, is for everyone. "ergonomics" are a "personal" thing

NSR500
08-23-2012, 10:03 PM
I can understand the ergonomic argument, but as far as recoil the LCP is mild.
Man up and drive the gun and you'll have no issues.

ColdDeadHands1
08-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Search the firearms sales forum here. There are always LCP's for sale. PPT one and you're good to go.

ColdDeadHands1
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Here is one in San Diego:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=611127

Gryff
08-23-2012, 10:28 PM
My wife bought an LCP via single shot exemption at Tracy Rifle & Pistol last month for less than $400. And yes, the gun is not "fun" to fire, but that didn't stop her from running 50 rounds of ball then 50 rounds of SD ammo through it during the first range trip.

Personally, I hate the .380 round, but it's better than nothing when the dirtbag confronts you in the middle of the night.

bigdawg86
08-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Well the guy in San Diego doesn't want to drive to meet halfway and for the price I might as well look at the Kahr P380 again...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Turo
08-23-2012, 10:54 PM
The LCP... uncomfortable to shoot? :confused: Sure it's a little small, but there's nothing about that gun that would make me think of it anything more than "very mild."

The .380 round gives very little recoil to begin with, and in a very light gun the recoil barely registers above a .22lr. Nowhere near a 9mm even.