PDA

View Full Version : What defensive ammo does your Ruger P94 like to eat?

LTC-J
08-22-2012, 6:01 PM
I'm looking to get some defensive ammo for my Ruger P94 and was looking for some experience from others who have tried various types in theirs.

My concern is feed issues. I know some guns are picky on their ammo and so far, my Ruger has liked all the FMJ target stuff I've put in it.

So for those who have a Ruger P94(or similar P series), what has worked for you? And what has not?

I know ultimately, I need to feed a box or two through to make sure of no jams... but it'd be nice to not have to try known duds and have a bunch of boxes of "junk":TFH:

Thanks in advance.

Metal Magic
08-22-2012, 6:16 PM
I have had problems with Federal Personal Defense JHP in the past.

Capt Jack
08-22-2012, 9:40 PM
My P94 shot the Remington 115 jhp just fine. It shot all the fmjs I could feed it without any problems, even some brown bear steel cased ammo. You should be fine with pretty much anything.

zfields
08-22-2012, 9:55 PM
Safe bet with most guns is gold dots. They have a more rounded profile then most HP bullets, which help with feeding in picky guns. As usual, be sure to run a couple hundred through the gun before you settle on a brand of ammo.

LTC-J
08-23-2012, 5:49 PM
Thanks for all the comments so far.

SAs usual, be sure to run a couple hundred through the gun before you settle on a brand of ammo.

Absolutely planned. I just wanted to avoid buying a box of ammo that others have had problems with in a Ruger P series. Nothing like buying a $30 box to throw it away when it jams every shot;)