PDA

View Full Version : Tired Eyes and Laser sights

Occams Rasor
08-22-2012, 5:59 PM
Ok, the eye sight is not what it use to be. Too much computer screen work.
After shooting for a while my eyes get tired and hard to focus. I was planning on adding a laser sight (under barrel rail type). I would start out using iron sights to keep my skill sets up, but when the eyes start to fade, switch to laser sight to extend “quality Range time”.
Since I would be focusing on the target, less strain on the eyes and I could use my prescription glasses. I want to reach out 15-25 yrds,outdoor range.
My question is: Is this a good idea or just wasting time and money?

Maltese Falcon
08-22-2012, 6:04 PM
I can't see my red Laser very well if at all during the day outdoors.

Maybe it is weak compared to others? (Insight M6)

I think they are really suitable for low light conditions.

Peter.Steele
08-22-2012, 6:06 PM
Do you mean laser or red dot sight?

Any laser you could see in bright sunshine at 25 yards is going to be fairly spendy, but a red dot sight - which will reduce eye strain - for a .22 is a lot less expensive.

wjc
08-23-2012, 1:15 AM
I still shoot iron sights.

I had my eye doctor make me shooting glasses with a modified prescription so iI can have more far sight.

donw
08-23-2012, 8:46 AM
Do you mean laser or red dot sight?

Any laser you could see in bright sunshine at 25 yards is going to be fairly spendy, but a red dot sight - which will reduce eye strain - for a .22 is a lot less expensive.

i went to this (red dot) for my carbines and an ATN digital ultra sight for my S&W 22A...

CharlesV
08-26-2012, 4:55 PM
I have the same problem as the first poster and also hope for a solution. My friends tell me a red dot sight would help alot but they are not in my (our) shoes. I hate to spend that money and be wrong.

luzr
08-26-2012, 7:25 PM
I have a Crimson Trace hand grip laser... I really like it but it is indeed hard to see the dot in full daylight. In shade, overcast, or indoors it is very easy to see and a real pleasure to use. The laser is also very instructive when you are practicing. If you are jerking the gun while pulling the trigger you will see the dot jump before the gun fires... and you can try to do better next time. If you are trying to quickly put multiple shots on the same target, the laser will help you get back on target after each shot faster than trying to re-align iron sights. Recommended overall.