PDA

View Full Version : M6X Zeroing In & Not Sturdy

vg247
06-18-2007, 11:22 PM
I just purchased a new M6X slidelock model and have zeroed it for use on my Sig 226 handgun.

My question is it maintains zero fine in the 'constant' on position(havent shot the gun with it on yet), however if I used the index finger of my supporting (non shooting hand) to turn the laser on in the "intermittent" mode it causes the unit to slightly rock/move and the zero is off.

Are these units suppose to move just a bit causing the above to happen (intermittent mode)?...there is a 2mm play' to the left and right when I try to move it. I have even tried to use both included latch bars and the same problem exists, or is there a defect with my M6X?

What are your experiences?

-hanko
06-19-2007, 6:12 PM
My question is it maintains zero fine in the 'constant' on position(havent shot the gun with it on yet), however if I used the index finger of my supporting (non shooting hand) to turn the laser on in the "intermittent" mode it causes the unit to slightly rock/move and the zero is off.

Are these units suppose to move just a bit causing the above to happen (intermittent mode)?...there is a 2mm play' to the left and right when I try to move it. I have even tried to use both included latch bars and the same problem exists, or is there a defect with my M6X?

What are your experiences?
If I had 2mm play in any aiming device, I'd conclude it's a POS and return it...If you clamp the gun and illuminate a target 25 yds away, how much dot movement do you measure??

-hanko

vg247
06-19-2007, 6:52 PM
Agreed..without having shot the gun with the light on yet= if the switch is set to "constant ON mode" it appears zeroed 25yrds away with my iron sights okay..the problem is when I use the weakhand (supporting non shooting hand) to turn the light on in the "intermittent" mode (where you have to hold the switch) for it to stay on...this moves the unite attached to my Sig and the POA appears shifted approx up and to the left about 1" 25 yrs away....

I am waiting on speaking to Insight tomorrow and see their feedback-I was forwarded to a guy there today but he was not in, the 1st rep told me indeed it should not be moving when mounted but they had some problems with Sig rails which were non mil spec causing the unit to move. So I'm not sure if that is valid or B.S. so far re problematic Sig rails..