PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous Holster Alert

Jerry1949
08-22-2012, 10:44 AM
I really don't know where to post this but starting here seemed to be my best option.

I recently bought a Ruger LCP in .380 and while looking around the internet for a carry holster, I ran across this:

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/guide-gear-ruger-lcp-pistol-holster.aspx?a=931973

The first thing that came to my mind was the pain I'd feel as a .380 bullet entered my leg (or worse), when I reached into my pocket in a "DRAW QUICK OR DIE" situation and my finger fell into that gaping hole around the trigger.

If any of you agree, please email these people and voice your opinion. They don't seem to want to listen to just me.

RazzB7
08-22-2012, 10:46 AM
You did read the words "shoot through holster"...right?

SouperMan
08-22-2012, 11:01 AM
As unsafe as it is, the simple solution is to not buy one.

CSACANNONEER
08-22-2012, 11:04 AM
http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/guide-gear-ruger-lcp-pistol-holster.aspx?a=931973

If any of you agree, please email these people and voice your opinion. They don't seem to want to listen to just me.

They don't give a rat's azz about California. Please, do a little research before supporting anti-2A companies like SG. Yes, their practises are extremely anti-2A. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SG or CTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry1949
08-22-2012, 2:58 PM
As unsafe as it is, the simple solution is to not buy one.

I agree and I'm not going to buy one. But wouldn't it be a positive thing for the shooting world to try and get crap like this off the market?

JMHO

ke6guj
08-22-2012, 3:05 PM
I agree and I'm not going to buy one. But wouldn't it be a positive thing for the shooting world to try and get crap like this off the market?

JMHO
and who decides that that is crap that needs to get off the market?

Are you aware of an excessive number of NDs by those users of this wallet?

This wallet design is designed for a specific purpose and perhaps those people that want to use that wallet are smart enough to realize that proper training is important. Finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot, just like any other holster.

Jerry1949
08-22-2012, 3:06 PM
They don't give a rat's azz about California. Please, do a little research before supporting anti-2A companies like SG. Yes, their practises are extremely anti-2A. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SG or CTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say anything about supporting them?? I don't buy stuff from SG, I simply did a search for a holster and came up with their add. Take a deep breath and relax.

Everybody: Forget I brought this up

Somebody lock this thread, please.

ke6guj
08-22-2012, 3:15 PM
my question still stands.

who decides that it is dangerous? just because you don't feel comfortable just means that you shouldn't buy it. have there been any reported NDs with that holster (the design has been on the market for a decade or so)? If there have been NDs with that holster, have they occured more frequently than "conventional" holsters used for the same purpose.

chris
08-22-2012, 6:25 PM
screw SG and CTD they hate us and won't ship legal stuff here. there are plenty of companies that send items here.