PDA

View Full Version : Walther/S&W CS came through...Only took 4 Months!

Dannicus
08-21-2012, 5:46 PM
Finally got my P22 back after 4 months. After I bought it, it was shooting way high and right. Turns out, as S&W CS found, it had a crack in the frame. They went ahead and replaced it with the new and improved version! It's very nice and feels like it's a noticeable improvement over the previous version. Can't wait to clean the factory grit out of it and take it to the range.

We'll see how it compares to my SR22P.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-FmC9WV0lCCg/UDQ26dm0LTI/AAAAAAAAIrM/_yty08zMjOY/s800/%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

AUstate
08-21-2012, 6:05 PM
Hey very nice looking P22!

Is that a newer model with the fancy grip? Or was that custom?

Looks real good.

I sent my P22 in to Smith and Wesson to handle a safety lever issue and to make it CA compliant.

I am very curious on how long its going to be out. I was wondering if you used a Prepaid Shipping Label from Smith or did you have to pay?

I suppose I can handle 4 months of wait time, but was looking forward to somehow being pleasantly surprised with a fast turnaround.

Also, if you have not checked out this PDF file on the P22 before here it is,

its called the P22 Bible and was written by someone who knows the pistols better then even Walther.

Read about the modifications that he reccemends, many people have succesfully done them and now finally have rock solid smooth shooting P22s.

It does not take much to make these super reliable like they should have been from the factory.

Let us know how she shoots.

www.freespeech.com/1917-1911M_P22_bible.pdf

Dannicus
08-21-2012, 7:40 PM
It's the new model with the new texture grip. That was the first thing I noticed when I picked it up.

S&W sent me a prepaid label via email. It shouldn't take yours 4 months. I probably would have gotten mine back in 4-6 weeks, but after they found that the frame was cracked, they decided to replace it. They didn't have any new guns on the shelf and had to wait for the next shipment from Germany.

Dannicus
08-21-2012, 8:31 PM
It doesn't look like any of the stuff in the PDF needs to be done on this pistol. The trigger bar ears are nicely rounded and the slide doesn't hang up. ,The trigger is also very smooth and clean, and much nicer than the SR. The only thing that I needed to do was smooth the side of the slide catch because it was rough to engage. The mag catch is overly stiff, but I'll let that break in on its own.

AUstate
08-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Ya, the grips look sweet.

Well Im glad they finally got all the issues fixed on these. Hopefully they will start to get the recognition they deserve.
The older models had some problems as Im sure you might have heard.

For real, its gotta be the coolest little rimfire semi-auto out there.

If your ever in the need for some extra mags, these are probably the best deal around,
if you order 3 they take off 2 dollars for each mag, plus type CALGUNS in the coupon box and get a CAL-GUNS discount.

They work just as good as the factory ones for me.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Walther_P22_10_Round_Magazine_22LR_WP22MAG_p/ks-wp22mag.htm

Bartin
08-22-2012, 5:22 AM
why would you need to send it in to make it CA compliant?

Dannicus
08-22-2012, 6:19 AM
Threaded barrel.

me109g4
08-22-2012, 10:22 AM
I have the Walther PP in 22,, far better than the P22 that is Walther/Umerex's crrent effort at making a 22 pistol. You only have to buy it once and they run forever.

Dannicus
08-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Yup, the PP is probably the best non-target style semi-auto .22 out there.

I am glad to see that the makers of the P22 have actually decided to evolve and improve upon the original P22, tho. The first gen was definitely a little rough around the edges.

firebert
08-23-2012, 9:56 PM
Looks like a mini PPQ