PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a problem...

CK_32
08-21-2012, 5:04 PM
Just purchased and can finally say I'm a proud owner of a GP100 Stainless!
But when I got home to put away my paper work I realized I may have a problem.. This will be my 4th firearm purchase in a 1 month span...

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/sportin3s/F4559779-C1AE-4492-A26E-E7A3401347FA-2858-000002F6A0A5B86C.jpg
(Yes if you can notice I support rifle gear. Thanks fellas for being a great business! Really appreciate what you guys give to the gun community)

And I use to say "Id never be like those crazy guys that own 50,000,000 guns... So useless hah.." I feel Im going to bite my words on that one..

And the sad part is im already on here researching the next 2 projects im itching at..

Oceanbob
08-21-2012, 5:21 PM
You're a SICK GUN NUT, but I appreciate that trait in a person. :D

Roach_Infinity
08-21-2012, 5:23 PM
You can't help being a shrewd investor. Some people are just born that way.

-Eric

njineermike
08-21-2012, 5:26 PM
If the rent got paid, you don't have a problem.

Maltese Falcon
08-21-2012, 5:26 PM
What only four? J/K I had a similar problem, cured by no mo room in the safe.

Good shooting.

bill_k_lopez
08-21-2012, 5:28 PM
I've got 3 in DROS right now - you don't have a problem until its 10 or more.

CK_32
08-21-2012, 5:34 PM
You're a SICK GUN NUT, but I appreciate that trait in a person. :D

Oh bob stop your making me blush :rolleyes:

If the rent got paid, you don't have a problem.

Very true.

Good shooting.

That's the funny thing.. I spend my cash I had for my safe on this instead. My girlfriend might kill me.. But hopefully I'll hide it from her until next paycheck when I'll surprise her wih both :D

I've got 3 in DROS right now - you don't have a problem until its 10 or more.

That's pure insanity.. I think 10 guns alone is enough.. But then again I thought 3 guns alone were..

INFAMOUS762X39
08-21-2012, 5:35 PM
I bought my first firearm September of last year, now I own six guns at the moment.

Collecting firearms is not a problem it's a lifestyle. <(^-^<)

CK_32
08-21-2012, 9:07 PM
Yea luckily my spans a little longer than that..

I think I'm going to learn to accept it.. I'm just shocked I'm becoming one of those guys I always thought had too much money and time.. Or like bob a dam residential musieum of guns.

Damiiaaannn
08-21-2012, 9:10 PM
Well what 4 guns did you buy? :D

SouperMan
08-21-2012, 9:11 PM
We share your pain! That's why we are here!

LAKings22
08-21-2012, 9:24 PM

+1 please share

Bug Splat
08-21-2012, 9:26 PM
Some guys have their boats, some hit Vegas, others ride chrome plated Harleys. If I ever have $500+ burning a hole in my pocket my wife will tell you I'm at the LGS. Family member wants a gift idea for me, my wife tells them gift cert to Midway. I've spent so much money there I'm sure I'm 51% shareholder by now. My mail carrier must think I'm nuts by now. Half the mail we get are ads from various online shooting supply stores if not packages with stuff I bought.

Ubermcoupe
08-21-2012, 9:27 PM
I don’t understand why anyone would need more than one gun :rolleyes: (hehe)

I’m with you OP, as long as you keep a 1/month average you’re okay in my book :thumbsup:

CK_32
08-21-2012, 9:27 PM

91/30 $old
870 Express (tactical) $sold
870 express (replacement) Keeper
GP100 Keeper

The 91/30 my cousin made me sell it to him before I even got her settled in. The first 870 a guy made an offer I couldn't refuse and had too much tactical junk I didn't need. Replaced it with a like new basic express and got a tactical better for it.

And I'm already it hint for a AK build.. And a decent O/U and still need to purchase the safe :D

We share your pain! That's why we are here!

Wouldn't know what I'd do with out you fellas. Even tho you guys are probably why I'm getting this problem in the first place haha :p

CK_32
08-21-2012, 9:32 PM
Some guys have their boats, some hit Vegas, others ride chrome plated Harleys. If I ever have $500+ burning a hole in my pocket my wife will tell you I'm at the LGS. Family member wants a gift idea for me, my wife tells them gift cert to Midway. I've spent so much money there I'm sure I'm 51% shareholder by now. My mail carrier must think I'm nuts by now. Half the mail we get are ads from various online shooting supply stores if not packages with stuff I bought.

Yeaaaa... About that I bought a limited edition street bike a few months back.. Had a little wreck and got back into blowing my money on guns again.. I need to get her up and running again too :(

Yea if my mail guy knew he was delivering gun parts every week he'd probably think something was up too.My UPS/Postal guys and I know each other by name now.

I don’t understand why anyone would need more than one gun :rolleyes: (hehe)

I’m with you OP, as long as you keep a 1/month average you’re okay in my book :thumbsup:

Yea I think I need to slow it down a little. Leave me some guns to buy when I'm older.

curtru
08-21-2012, 10:57 PM
If you run out of room to store them I can make space to hold them for you like right now I have two open hands that could use a gun or 2

Yugo
08-21-2012, 10:59 PM
When I got my very first gun(s) it was 3 at the same time.

JTROKS
08-22-2012, 12:19 AM

Good shooting.

Then you have the, "No mo room in the safe" disease. Easy to cure - buy another safe.
;):D

six1nina
08-22-2012, 12:53 AM
noo youre fiiine. i DROS 4 in the same day (Marlin model 60, mk3 22/45, rem 700, JD stripped lower), AFTER my 30days was up from my previous DROS! haha

stix213
08-22-2012, 12:58 AM
Then you have the, "No mo room in the safe" disease. Easy to cure - buy another safe.
;):D

Hmmm, I tried that cure, turns out there are side effects.... I'm moving soon and have recently realized I'll need professional help moving a 650LB when empty safe :p Oh and it is pretty much full again :(

dem0critus
08-22-2012, 1:58 AM
You can't help being a shrewd investor. Some people are just born that way.

-Eric

haha. great comment.

FalconLair
08-22-2012, 4:35 AM
I'm not even into rifles, I've got a 30/30 lever action Winchester that I bought over 25 years ago and its never been fired and a Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun I bought around the same time...

YET...

lately i've been going onto different online sites and checking out the AR-15's, just looking, kind of like when a woman window shops...we all know what that leads up to, lol...I dont even have a need for one, probably would never even shoot it, but im getting impulsive, kind of like thinking, well, it would just be nice to HAVE, trying to convince myself "well it would be something nice to pass on to my son" but deep down inside I know that's bullsh**...lol, its to satisfy my own craving

i find myself thinking "well, there is some new law concerning rifles getting ready to take effect, maybe I need to get in on it before then", yet, on the other hand I don't really give a crap about having to registering one, if need be

so, do I listen to the voice of reason, or go for it :)

CK_32
08-22-2012, 8:27 AM
Yea the only thing is I didn't even think of adding all these DROSs together.. I could have easily saved $80.. I thought I bought all these in a longer span but when I saw the papers I was shocked.. Then again every 10 day feels like 10 years.. Just wish I realized this before I bought the last 2 at least save daddy some coin for some ammo :D

Capybara
08-22-2012, 9:58 AM
You are a sicko. So am I. I am at 13 guns and counting. There are just too many cool guns and pieces of history out there to own. And a still want an M44, SKS, VEPR, S&W 686, Ruger Blackhawk, etc. It is a sickness, but a fun one.

KeithET
08-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Welcome to the Sicko Gun Nut Club. I have determined after 30+ years of buying guns that there is always a new one that I want to buy. There is no such thing as to many guns! :D My purchases are only limited by other necessities, like rent, food, etc. How boring. :mad:

KeithET

brownfeathermedic
08-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Hello,My name is Brownfeathermedic and I'm a Gunoholic!!!! I"m with you all as this has to be one of the best vices one can have.

whipkiller
08-22-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm not even into rifles, I've got a 30/30 lever action Winchester that I bought over 25 years ago and its never been fired and a Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun I bought around the same time...

YET...

lately i've been going onto different online sites and checking out the AR-15's, just looking, kind of like when a woman window shops...we all know what that leads up to, lol...I dont even have a need for one, probably would never even shoot it, but im getting impulsive, kind of like thinking, well, it would just be nice to HAVE, trying to convince myself "well it would be something nice to pass on to my son" but deep down inside I know that's bullsh**...lol, its to satisfy my own craving

i find myself thinking "well, there is some new law concerning rifles getting ready to take effect, maybe I need to get in on it before then", yet, on the other hand I don't really give a crap about having to registering one, if need be

That's funny, asking that question here.

That's kinda' like asking your crack dealer if you should go to rehab. :D

Feels
08-22-2012, 4:09 PM
I hope to be like you in 6 months or so time. Just a bundle of enthusiasm for awesome stuff. Can't wait to make my first post like this here.

stilly
08-22-2012, 4:25 PM
But when I got home to put away my paper work I realized I may have a problem.. This will be my 4th firearm purchase in a 1 month span...

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/sportin3s/F4559779-C1AE-4492-A26E-E7A3401347FA-2858-000002F6A0A5B86C.jpg
(Yes if you can notice I support rifle gear. Thanks fellas for being a great business! Really appreciate what you guys give to the gun community)

And I use to say "Id never be like those crazy guys that own 50,000,000 guns... So useless hah.." I feel Im going to bite my words on that one..

And the sad part is im already on here researching the next 2 projects im itching at..

LoL... I had that problem at the age of 18. (buying multiple guns in a month) I bought a MAK-90, Daewoo DR-200, and L1A1 to go with that Cobray CM-11 that I was picking up in Hacienda Heights... Oh those were the days... Thankfully I am past that now. I want to own at least two guns for each year that I am alive now. :)

CK_32
08-22-2012, 6:52 PM
I think we need to start a AA meeting for us gun nuts. We have some sick puppies here ;)

kouye
08-22-2012, 7:18 PM
In late May, I went out looking for an HD shotgun...since then I have 8 guns, 1 in jail, and looking at 3-4 more...

But I rationalize this as being far cheaper than my previous hobby, racing cars..."Heck, that Les Bear is cheaper than a set of tires that lasted 1 weekend"...."That ammo is cheaper than the race fuel, I'll have 1000 rounds...."....

zfields
08-22-2012, 7:22 PM

YET...

let me know if you want to get rid of that lever gun.

.45heat
08-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Your alright, as long as your main responsibilities are taken care of first, firearms second, your all good. You think you have a problem. I'm off work due to a surgery on my right elbow, cant even shoot until 2 months from now (maybe). So far I have acquired a G19, TRP, Ruger Vaquero, and maybe a Mossberg 930SPX when I go pick up the Vaquero, and that will be it for a while. <------Hhhmmm Ya Right

CK_32
08-23-2012, 7:05 AM
In late May, I went out looking for an HD shotgun...since then I have 8 guns, 1 in jail, and looking at 3-4 more...

But I rationalize this as being far cheaper than my previous hobby, racing cars..."Heck, that Les Bear is cheaper than a set of tires that lasted 1 weekend"...."That ammo is cheaper than the race fuel, I'll have 1000 rounds...."....

Very true. I had an S13 out of high school and did track/drift days for a while. Constantly replacing tires rims and parts added up. Then I got into paintball now that's expensive.. Every expensive hobby there is name it and I've done it for some little while.

Your alright, as long as your main responsibilities are taken care of first, firearms second, your all good. You think you have a problem. I'm off work due to a surgery on my right elbow, cant even shoot until 2 months from now (maybe). So far I have acquired a G19, TRP, Ruger Vaquero, and maybe a Mossberg 930SPX when I go pick up the Vaquero, and that will be it for a while. <------Hhhmmm Ya Right

Haha yea we all always say that will be that.. And always take care of the necessaties. Sometimes I can't help but make my self go on a steady top Raman diet for a while haha luckily I have smaller type bills and no kids/wife so I'm trying to buy this stuff now while I can before te money starts burning up before I even get it.

whipkiller
08-23-2012, 9:43 AM
I think we need to start a AA meeting for us gun nuts. We have some sick puppies here ;)

"God grant me the serenity to accept the guns I cannot buy,

the disposable income to buy the guns I can,

and an understanding wife to tell me the difference"

CK_32
08-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Double tap ignore.

CK_32
08-23-2012, 10:39 AM
I just realized I spent $1600 in the last 2 days and a little over $3k in one month on guns not including ammo targets and range fees.. I didn't even know I made that much lol

And I still need to buy some food for my new purchase :D

bikr4jc
08-23-2012, 10:52 AM
OP I have the cure for you. You can sell me them all for $1 and be cured. Or you will just have to live with it. Just PM me is you want to be cured.

lapsbpbep
08-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Thatz why i hate going in to the gun shop evertime i go in there i find deals i cant refuse. In the last month. Or so got m & p45 marlin camp9 a marlin 243 xl7 and mosin nagot. Now i need a bigger gun safe i only. Have to safe now 8 gun and 16 gun. I think we need to start aa for gun collecting. Haha got to love the hobie i do

45R
08-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Ahhhh boooo hoooooo!

CK_32
08-23-2012, 12:24 PM
OP I have the cure for you. You can sell me them all for $1 and be cured. Or you will just have to live with it. Just PM me is you want to be cured.

How will that help either of us? I'll just make your collection bigger and put a void in mine and make me buy more lol

Your not a very good healer.

.45heat
08-23-2012, 7:36 PM
"God grant me the serenity to accept the guns I cannot buy,

the disposable income to buy the guns I can,

and an understanding wife to tell me the difference"

Hahahaha

Riddler
08-23-2012, 7:47 PM

lol thats nothing, this is just from riflegear. I have more invoices in my car...

http://i50.tinypic.com/e6t9uh.jpg

G-Man WC
08-23-2012, 7:50 PM
You sound like a true American to me. Keep up the good work. -g