PDA

View Full Version : San Diego HDSA looking for more members

NoJoke
08-21-2012, 1:12 PM
http://www.sdchdsa.org/docs/HDSA_10-5_AUG2012.pdf

quote: "The HDSA is recruiting volunteers in Media and Public Relations!
HDSA is seeking volunteers to assist with Media and Public Relations to expand the reach
of our organization in current Fundraising efforts. Please call Virginia at the office!"

Flintlock Tom
08-21-2012, 7:17 PM
This is a joke, right?
This seems like an odd place to solicit support for an anti-second amendment sheriff.

TKM
08-21-2012, 7:30 PM
Hey, it's been 20 years. People either don't know or forget.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=167834

NoJoke
08-21-2012, 9:01 PM
This is a joke, right?
This seems like an odd place to solicit support for an anti-second amendment sheriff.

NoJoke!
Seems they're looking for more members/support.
Could one imply that the club is shrinking?

BTW, no solicitation made - just a fact. :cool:

wheels
08-21-2012, 10:12 PM
http://www.sdchdsa.org/docs/HDSA_10-5_AUG2012.pdf

The HDSA is recruiting volunteers in Media and Public Relations!
HDSA is seeking volunteers to assist with Media and Public Relations to expand the reach
of our organization in current Fundraising efforts. Please call Virginia at the office!

Pretty sure this is the only way to get a CCW in SD county.

Start with membership

Rank Donation
Honorary Deputy $325 Dues after the first year, $200
Honorary Sergeant $500 Dues after the first year, $250
Honorary Lieutenant $750 Dues after the first year, $375
Honorary Captain $1,000 Dues after the first year, $500
Honorary Commander $1,500 Dues after the first year, $1000

Set aside some money for his re-election campaign.

Then plan on smooching a bunch of backside to get through the application process.

I'd forward the link to LCAV and Brady, but I don't want to give them any ideas..

RandyD
08-22-2012, 5:43 AM
I am familiar with and know members on The Honorary Deputy Sheriffs' Association. The implication that their political beliefs on the Second Amendment are the same as Sheriff Gore's is wrong.

This is from The Honorary Deputy Sheriffs' Association webpage; "In 1974, 25 like-minded San Diego businessmen began the Honorary Deputy Sheriffs' Association with a single mission - to support law enforcement." There is nothing on their webpage to even imply that they are anti-gun.

On the same page it also states; "We award a handgun to the top shooter graduation from the San Diego Regional Law Enforcement Training Center." I still have the personally engraved S&W Model 60 that the HDSA gave me when I graduated as the top shooter in my academy in 1988.

Untamed1972
08-22-2012, 7:20 AM
I am familiar with and know members on The Honorary Deputy Sheriffs' Association. The implication that their political beliefs on the Second Amendment are the same as Sheriff Gore's is wrong.

This is from The Honorary Deputy Sheriffs' Association webpage; "In 1974, 25 like-minded San Diego businessmen began the Honorary Deputy Sheriffs' Association with a single mission - to support law enforcement." There is nothing on their webpage to even imply that they are anti-gun.

If the organization supports San Diego LE.....and San Diego LE is anti-2A (even just at the leadership level).....I'm pretty sure 1+1 still =2. But your math may vary. :)

Giving guns to COPs doesn't make them pro-gun IMO. It makes them pro-LE.

echo6cavedog
08-22-2012, 7:32 AM
No. I myself, will not and I will not refer anyone else. F you very much Sheriff Gore.