PDA

View Full Version : The Laux Pfister 500 Years Of Negligent/Accidental Discharges Memorial Thread

trigger hippie
08-21-2012, 2:11 PM
Well, I was curious what the first AD or ND was in history, so here's what I found out.

"The first recorded firearms accident took place in Germany in 1515 when a man shot a prostitute in the chin while playing with a wheellock pistol--he had to pay her a pension for life."

Gunpowder: Alchemy, Bombards, and Pyrotechnics: The History of the Explosive That Changed the World, by Jack Kelly

"A 1515 German account gives us the first firearm accident recorded in history: One Laux Pfister wounded a prostitute he was patronizing while playing with his new wheel lock; local authorities ordered Herr Pfister to compensate the disfigured woman for her potential lifetime lost wages."

Pistols: An Illustrated History of Their Impact, by Jeff Kinard, Spencer C. Tucker

Obligatory image:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4122/powrightinthychin.jpg

And because it's never a bad idea to recite it:

1. YES. YON HAWG LEG DOTH BE LOADED.
2. POINTETH NOT THY LONGARM AT IT UNLESS THEE WISHES TO SHOOT IT.
3. KEEP THEY FINGER OFF THY TRIGGER 'TIL THY TARGET IS IN SIGHT
4. POSITIVELY IDENTIFY THY TARGET AND WHAT DOTH LIE BEHIND/ON THE SIDES/IN FRONT OF IT.

shooter777
08-21-2012, 7:04 PM
i needed a good laugh. thanks

blazeaglory
08-21-2012, 7:41 PM
I could imagine the scenario..."You like my big gun?" "Wanna touch it?" BANG! "OOPS!" "DAMNIT! Now shes missing her money maker!" Pension for life because she was injured while working:)

John Browning
08-22-2012, 7:05 PM
hahahaha. Awesome