PDA

View Full Version : Standard 3.5 Ghost Connector for GLOCK review

tal3nt
08-21-2012, 1:46 PM
I have a GLOCK 19 that I've been shooting 100% stock for about 5 months/2,000 rounds until I got pretty confident in my abilities with it. Being that it would be primarily for HD, I was one of those guys that didn't want to mess with aftermarket parts for it.. however curiousity got the best of me. I figured I can always swap it back to factory if I didn't care for it.

Anyways, I got the connector, installed it, and at first it felt a litttle gritty when dry firing. Still, the break was definitely lighter. I didn't know if I liked it or not until I took it out to the range. Since then I've probably fired 500 rounds with the new connector installed, and things have smoothed out considerably. I love it. It definitely isn't a feather trigger by any means, probably reduced from factory weight by one pound or so. Even though I considered myself to be a good target shot with the GLOCK to begin with, the connector has improved my precision noticeably.

Factory trigger:
Pretravel, Wall (when the trigger movement hits a stopping/resistance point), BREAK (@ around 5.5 pounds)

Ghost Connector:
Pretravel, Wall, Rolling Creep (minimal movement, but noticeable none the less), followed by a less predictable BREAK (@ around 4 pounds after the new connector has been broken in)

The reset is only SLIGHTLY less positive, still has the same feel as the factory reset, only it is a bit less snappy. It's still very short & still a lot more positive than my other pistols. Doesn't change the feel of the GLOCK reset follow up shooting technique.

Legal issues aside, in my opinion a simple 3.5 connector swap is still perfectly safe for defensive use in a GLOCK and is no where near "too light" for carry. If you're on the fence about one of these, I say give it a try! I'm positive you'll like it.

MiddleKingdom
08-21-2012, 1:53 PM
Thanks for the review. I've been waffling on installing one of these for years. Most likely I'll install one on my G22 if I do indeed pull the trigger... so to speak.

tal3nt
08-21-2012, 1:58 PM
You're very welcome! I too was very indecisive for a while, primarily because I couldn't find a decent review on the product. Next on my list will be to try out an Overtravel Stop.. expect a review soon!

edgalang
08-21-2012, 2:51 PM
Sounds like you got the "Ultimate". Maybe curiosity could carry you to getting the "Rocket" next.

Same description as "Ultimate", but with no over travel and shorter reset.

tal3nt
08-21-2012, 3:06 PM
I did indeed consider the Rocket, however at the time the idea of having to do a little DIY smithing daunted me. Definitely curious hoewever... We'll see where it leads haha

SA227driver
08-21-2012, 3:58 PM
It does sound like a sweet trigger setup, but to each their own.

In the Glock Armorers manual anything less than the standard 5.5 lbs is deemed unfit for duty or self defense usage. Just consider the legal ramifications of modifying a defensive pistol and the legal climate of your county and state.

I personally never have heard of anyone being prosecuted for aftermarket mods to defensive pistol, but a lot of news stories after self-defense shootings don't follow up and we never know if there is any civil lawsuits that follow.

What seems to be a happy medium is the Glock 4.5lb connector with the NY-1 trigger spring. Only reason is that it's been approved by the NYPD.

Hawkstp
08-21-2012, 4:11 PM
Glad you have been happy with the new connector. I put a rocket connector in my competition gun. Love it! The DIY work is minimal and very easy. If you changed the connector yourself, then you could do the rocket no problem at all.