View Full Version : done

08-20-2012, 7:39 PM

08-20-2012, 7:45 PM
Not a bad idea

3 Things:
1 Make sure the safe combo is in your will or written down somewhere
2 Place a copy of this with the will
3 Pretty sure that you need a AW Permited FFL to transfer the AWB's out of the state. I Find one and leave a detailed list on how to have it properly done like you where thinking

08-20-2012, 10:48 PM
It's a good idea.

08-20-2012, 11:33 PM
i have heard of some sort of weapons trust you can setup and works just like a trust but for guns

08-20-2012, 11:39 PM
So basically a Last Will and Testament? Maybe it's just me, if I had anything of the sort, I'd list things that would be illegal for my surviors to take possession of when I died on it.
I have all the passwords for my various webshops and financial accounts listed on mine, along with a seperate list of possible future charges my card may recieve if they don't cancel things and how to cancel them.

Big D
08-21-2012, 8:05 AM
It seems to me that it would be legal to will your standard cap mags to your children, or anyone else. The law says they can't be bought, sold, lent, offered for sale or manufactured. So while you would technically be giving them, you would also technically be dead and therefore un-prosecutable.

I, of course am not a lawyer and not advocating anything which is illegal, and I may also be wrong.

08-21-2012, 9:08 AM
This information is with my family attorney, not in my safe...