PDA

View Full Version : Can u guess what this is

9mmrevolver
08-20-2012, 6:41 PM
Holds 15 22lr. What gun does it go to and how much is it worth?

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t484/plopper13/6e2ea3a0.jpg

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t484/plopper13/ec0b62d5.jpg

Chaos47
08-20-2012, 6:44 PM
How much is it worth? Well considering that it is a +10 magazine (selling it whole) its worth "imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison"

Rimfire magazine are not exempt from the law! Only tube fed 22 cal rifles are

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/8146144145/7862403/cb385227e1dc75d462c885234ef3d241.jpg
From google image search it looks similar to an ARMI/JAGER AP74 magazine
http://www.gunauction.com/search/dis...temnum=7862403

surplus-addict
08-20-2012, 6:47 PM
He probably had this in an old box of gun parts he bought before the ban, or he's out of state. Nowadays, I check every random bag or box I buy of gun related parts for hi-cap mags.

Chaos47
08-20-2012, 6:49 PM
I am sure he did. But he is asking how much it is worth, as in he intends to sell it....

From google image search it looks similar to an ARMI/JAGER AP74 magazine
http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7862403

9mmrevolver
08-20-2012, 6:57 PM
How much is it worth? Well considering that it is a +10 magazine its worth "imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison"

Rimfire magazine are not exempt from the law!

Only tube fed 22 cal rifles are

U are incorrect sir. I bought a bunch of mags before the ban. If what u said were true then about 50% of the people here would be felon. Remember the part where it says possession is not regulated or something like that.

9mmrevolver
08-20-2012, 6:58 PM
I am asking so maybe I can sell it a freaking rebuild kit. Damn dude chill out

Chaos47
08-20-2012, 7:01 PM
9mmrevolver, always misreading what I am saying.

I am well aware that possession is not a crime. I myself legally own regular capacity magazines.

You are asking the value of it, which usually means you intent to sell it. Yes it is an assumption that you intent to sell it but I stand by my original post.

(2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine.

surplus-addict
08-20-2012, 7:08 PM
Dude, he wants to sell a REBUILD KIT. Which is a disassembled MAGAZINE. More like you're misreading what he's saying...

surplus-addict
08-20-2012, 7:10 PM
Well, it looks like you can make a probably slow $30-$35 9mmrevolver.

Chaos47
08-20-2012, 7:20 PM
Dude, he wants to sell a REBUILD KIT. Which is a disassembled MAGAZINE. More like you're misreading what he's saying...

LOL I know what a rebuild kit is. I understand that is what he is saying now but his original post he stated nothing about rebuild kits.

Yes I made an assumption that he wanted to sell it as is. I still stand by my first post. Sorry the sarcasm in my first post didn't translate well but really... ya'll need to calm down.

Its hilarious that you two are so upset about it but at the same time I was the most helpful by determining what the magazine may be...

9mmrevolver
08-20-2012, 7:42 PM
U went strictly to selling it as is. Off the top of my head I can think of 3 reasons why someone would ask legally. May 2 don't know if the third is legit.

1. Sell as rebuild kit
2. For insurance reasons
3. Sell out of state. Not sure if this is kosher

4. Sell to a dealer with a high cap permit. Just thought of that.

My question was how much is it worth. Not " I'm want sell a high cap mag in Cali. How much can I get for it?" I like the size of my sphincter the way it is.

I can see how someone can misconstrue my words and will put more details in other posts I make.

9mmrevolver
08-20-2012, 7:45 PM
I didn't even see that u had posted what it was. For that I thank u. As for all the other crap, you want to just chalk that up to a misunderstand on both our parts

9mmrevolver
08-20-2012, 7:50 PM
If this were in the for sale section I could def see a problem of the pictured mag assembled. Which is why I posted it here to find out how much it's worth before posting in the sales forum. When or if I do it will be a picture of a disassembled mag

Mr. Beretta
08-20-2012, 7:51 PM
Any markings on the floor plate? Mag body?

Chaos47
08-20-2012, 7:53 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part as well. Really the jail stuff was supposed to sound more sarcastic I see how it didn't come off that way. Agreed, lets just move on.

It may not be a ARMI/JAGER AP74 but it looks close, the little tab on the side doesn't look 100% but from other photos I have found of ARMI/JAGER AP74 magazines there seems to be a lot of variance in how they where made... (factory vs aftermarket?)

mischiefmatt
08-20-2012, 7:58 PM
Colt Woodsman?

9mmrevolver
08-20-2012, 8:09 PM
Colt Woodsman?

Colt woodsmans hold 15 in them? Could have sworn they held 10. Could be wrong

Chaos47
08-20-2012, 8:11 PM
Colt Woodsman?

Nope
http://cdn1.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/MAG-158.jpg

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/images/colt_woodsman.jpg

trob
08-20-2012, 8:14 PM
I'm so glad I left CA....these ridiculous arguments would never happen up here. Now we have CalGunners policing CalGunners....relax and just answer his questions if you know. If not, why did you post?

Stupid...

dieselpower
08-20-2012, 8:42 PM
Just to muddy these clear waters...high cap magazines are a nuisance as per the law...if you do not have a firearm to go with said large cap magazine Police can seize it, destroy and there is little you can do about it.

you have a case of justified possession if you own the firearm it goes to...but the law doesn't allow for that.

9mmrevolver
08-20-2012, 8:56 PM
Just to muddy these clear waters...high cap magazines are a nuisance as per the law...if you do not have a firearm to go with said large cap magazine Police can seize it, destroy and there is little you can do about it.

you have a case of justified possession if you own the firearm it goes to...but the law doesn't allow for that.

Really since when. Can u post penal code. As for the poster above regarding policing. I've seen a few posts from new members that are asking illigal things. Whether they be noobs or trolls, something's should be said. I believe he was trying to do is keep calguns legal. Can't really fault him for that. He and I moved on and that should be that.

freonr22
08-20-2012, 9:01 PM
I did not know I could not have a high cap paper ca stds mag that I did not have a gun for

blazeaglory
08-20-2012, 9:25 PM

Its a nuisance in accordance with what IS WRITTEN in the law itself. No where is POSSESSION written into the law. Because if "nuisance" in itself was the case, it would be illegal to own REGARDLESS of you owning a rifle for it to go into. Remember, POSSESSION does not create a nuisance...

A nuisance per se is an act, thing, omission, or use of the property which in and of itself is a nuisance and hence is not permissible or excusable under any circumstances. [State ex rel. Bradford v. Stubblefield, 36 Wn.2d 664 (Wash. 1950)]

A nuisance per se is a nuisance at all times and under any circumstances, regardless of location or surroundings. It is of itself hurtful to the health, tranquility, or morals, of the community and as such outrages the decency of the community.

Acts which are denounced as illegal by law, when the perpetration of them invade the rights of others will be nuisances per se. [Parker v. Ft. Worth, 281 S.W.2d 721 (Tex. Civ. App. Fort Worth 1955)]

For instance, a lawful business is not a nuisance per se. Conversely, to engage in business in defiance of law is a nuisance per se.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
08-20-2012, 11:43 PM

Oh, I don't think so. Please read the relevant code before making more erroneous posts. I own a number of "pre-ban" magazines for firearms that I don't own and no police officer will be seizing them as there is NO basis in the Penal Code for that.