PDA

View Full Version : Glock Gen4 Backstrap...

Red Devil
08-20-2012, 5:30 PM
Hey y'all,

Been Thinkin' of getting a coupla more G23's and am lookin' at the Gen4 because of the duel recoil system.

I have had a Gen2 G23 for decades and both like the grip fine, and the "snappy" recoil doesn't seen to be a problem, though I have yet to "Mozambique" a Goblin in my living-room w/ it either.

The Gen4 backstrap looks a little "cheesy" and damage prone, and I can't speak to the actual recoil improvements of the Gen4 as I have yet to shoot one at length tactically.

Your Thoughts would be appreciated.

RGERBER
08-20-2012, 6:03 PM
I shoot mine without the back strap on, I like the grip better, that’s why I bought the Gen 4, and actually I have two Gen 4.
I have never heard the strap was flimsy, and I do not feel it is, but like I said I do not use mine that way.
Try a stainless steel guide rod it also changes that snappy feeling, the plastic guide rod flexes.

Q619
08-20-2012, 7:16 PM
I don't really notice any difference in recoil. I just like the grip treatment, slimmer profile and larger mag release more.

Dhena81
08-20-2012, 9:49 PM
It's not flimsy go for it. The grip texture and angle alone is worth it IMO by the time you either pay someone or spend your time making a Gen 3 feel the way a Gen 4 does you already spent more doing all the work on a Gen 3 than the premium you pay for a Gen 4.

teflondog
08-21-2012, 7:18 AM
I would shoot it without the backstrap installed. It makes the trigger reach 3mm shorter so it's basically like having a G23SF model.

Shenaniguns
08-21-2012, 9:00 AM
I highly prefer it w/o any backstraps though I may try a grip force adapter to minimize slide bite.

Red Devil
08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks y'all.

Think I'll go w/ the Gen4 sans backstrap - G23 SF w/ dual spring recoil system.

Sam
08-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I highly prefer it w/o any backstraps though I may try a grip force adapter to minimize slide bite.

Let me know if I should slip mine in the mail for you. I've got the gen 4 version if you'd like to try them out. I received some laser grips and will play around with them for awhile.

Shenaniguns
08-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Let me know if I should slip mine in the mail for you. I've got the gen 4 version if you'd like to try them out. I received some laser grips and will play around with them for awhile.

Sure, if you don't mind. I haven't bought any yet since I'm waiting for the smooth ones for the Gen 4's w/o modification. PM incoming.