PDA

View Full Version : Millett 4-16x50 Tactical 30mm

Two2Three
06-18-2007, 9:42 AM
Has anyone had any experience with this scope? Is it any good? I know they make good rings?
Thanks,
Jaime

thmpr
06-18-2007, 10:16 AM
I would like to know as well....since the price is right on..

bwiese
06-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Made in friggin' Red China.

caduckgunner
06-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Made in friggin' Red China.

My Honda was made in Japan, does that make it crap? :p

bwiese
06-18-2007, 11:39 AM
My Honda was made in Japan, does that make it crap? :p

Some of us will argue they are not valid cars because they are not rear wheel drive and don't have a V-8 :)

I personally wouldn't be seen in one, but then I wouldn't be seen in platform shoes or a Brady T-shir either.

However at least there is quality control, and they come from a country that doesn't aim missiles at us.

Nikon and Pentax make good scopes.

Red China is a country that throws melamine plastic additive in foods to boost tested protein content. Red Chinese companies and employees don't have pride in product or design - everything is schlock, every corner is cut. (Including things like semiconductor reliability/testing.)

And - they aim missles at us, and compete for natural resources that should be going to America to maintain our standard of living.

I repeat, there are no Red Chinese scopes worth having. Even if the optics are clear enough, you'd have no idea how good the springs are, if windage vs elevation adjustments co-interfere, etc. And you're trading with the enemy.

If your position in life is such that you can't afford a non-Red Chinese scope, you have done something wrong in your life, career or spending patterns to put you in that position. Address that first before you go out scope buying.

donger
06-18-2007, 11:49 AM
:iagree:

Yeah screw Red China. Do not support their economy if at all possible.

The reason why ammo is so expensive? The Chinese are buying up huge quanitities of metal in the world market.

The reason why so many pets died from renal failure? The Chinese thought it was ok to put melamine into food products that were eventually used by pet food manufacturers in this country and sold to unsuspecting owners. Don't think for a second that the melamine hasn't made it into human food products yet. I'm sure it's out there.

caduckgunner
06-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Some of us will argue they are not valid cars because they are not rear wheel drive and don't have a V-8 :)

I agree, but my drive to and from work is 120 miles day. :( and 40 mpg is way better than the 20 mpg I was getting in my diesel K-5.

I personally wouldn't be seen in one, but then I wouldn't be seen in platform shoes or a Brady T-shir either.

Stop teasing us :chris:

thmpr
06-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Nikon it is...

thmpr
06-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Just got off the phone with them and confirmed it is made in China...

What products are not made in China? :rolleyes:

maxicon
06-18-2007, 3:45 PM
Red Chinese companies and employees don't have pride in product or design - everything is schlock, every corner is cut. (Including things like semiconductor reliability/testing.)

That's an awfully broad brush to paint every single company and person in a country of over 1 billion with. Is there any possibility that not all Chinese are alike, and that some Chinese and Chinese companies have pride in their work, possibly even wanting to be like America and Americans?

Some of them may even dislike their government, and long for freedom and democracy the way Californians long for un-neutered black rifles.

And - they aim missles at us, and compete for natural resources that should be going to America to maintain our standard of living.

Competing for resources is the way of the world. We've been doing it for many years, and this is one of the primary complaints against us from many other parts of the world - that we consume more than our fair share. We don't let it bother us too much (and rightly so), because that's capitalism at work.

We also compete against them, and aim missiles at them. Seems like the natural order of things. We aren't going to be the only superpower left forever.

I believe supporting their capitalist tendencies will go much further in the long run than trying to be ignore or isolate them.

idk
06-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Just got off the phone with them and confirmed it is made in China...

What products are not made in China? :rolleyes:

US Optics is made rite here :D
SCREW CHINA in any color.
Roger

Prc329
06-19-2007, 6:57 AM
US Optics are also over $1000. He was asking about a scope that is 1/4 the price.

From what I have read about these guys is they are actually decent. If the TRS-1 is the model in question.

http://www.snipercentral.com/milletttrs.htm

Two2Three
06-19-2007, 11:17 AM
That is the one I was looking at. I would love to have a US Optics, but at this time my budget would not allow for such a scope. Prc329, thanks for the review link.

JesseXXX
06-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Get a nice entry level Leupold...

tankerman
06-22-2007, 7:53 PM
They are CRAP my uncle bought one and judging from his experience you will need the warranty, put their number on speed dial and keep their mailing address handy. If you go their website you will notice that they have a warning about "Fake" Millet Scopes being sold on the internet. That is because they are made in the same sh-tty chinese factory that makes as every other cr-ppy scope you see at the gunshows. I guess it is not tough to counterfeit when all you have to do is change the name on the box.Their office is in Huntington Beach, go ahead stop by and see how professional it looks. Check out the crazy looking secretary that looks like "Flo" from the TV show "Alice"

mr2.0
06-28-2007, 12:14 AM
My house is 7 minutes away from them, great peple, good rings, pos scope. I've looked thru all their scopes already, but you can always try it for yourself.