PDA

View Full Version : Citori trigger problem?

ShooterDK
08-20-2012, 7:54 AM
My Citori Lightning has stopped switching to second trigger. First fires ok but that's it. Any ideas what failed?

AAShooter
08-20-2012, 7:56 AM
How much has it been shot? How old? When was the trigger mechanism last cleaned, inspected and lubricated?

Thefeeder
08-20-2012, 8:07 AM
My Citori Lightning has stopped switching to second trigger. First fires ok but that's it. Any ideas what failed?

Your dry firing it and the second barrel will not go off ,right.

Slap the butt or tap it on the ground....to simulate a shell being fired.

If this works...look into why it works. If it don't, you need to see a gunsmith

kendog4570
08-20-2012, 8:08 AM
99% of the time the trigger mechanism needs a thorough cleaning and lube. If you dont know how to work on doubles, this isn't the time to start! ;)

ShooterDK
08-20-2012, 8:12 AM
I bought the gun used and I don't know its age. I've put 1K+ rounds through it plus whatever previous owner's round count. I have not done any maintenance on mechanism and not aware of any previously performed.

swifty
08-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Clean and a light lube usually cures the issue.

ShooterDK
08-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Looks like I'll be doing a thorough cleaning and lubrication. I appreciate everybody's input. Thank you!

ysr_racer
08-20-2012, 3:31 PM
Here you go, thank me later: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=89866

Dutch Henry
08-20-2012, 4:25 PM
The triggers on the Citori are of the inertia type. That is, upon firing, the recoil sets the trigger of the unfired barrel. When dry firing, you can get the second barrel to fire by merely moving the safety switch to 'SAFE' and then back to 'FIRE'. Rapping the butt on a hard surface to simulate recoil will set the trigger as well. The use of snap caps when dry firing your Citori is highly recommended.

kendog4570
08-20-2012, 5:00 PM
delete

ShooterDK
08-20-2012, 5:37 PM
Your dry firing it and the second barrel will not go off ,right.

Slap the butt or tap it on the ground....to simulate a shell being fired.

If this works...look into why it works. If it don't, you need to see a gunsmith

The triggers on the Citori are of the inertia type. That is, upon firing, the recoil sets the trigger of the unfired barrel. When dry firing, you can get the second barrel to fire by merely moving the safety switch to 'SAFE' and then back to 'FIRE'. Rapping the butt on a hard surface to simulate recoil will set the trigger as well. The use of snap caps when dry firing your Citori is highly recommended.

This worked. I bumped butt on bench top and second trigger got set and it fired. Gun is functional... sorry I didn't understand how the Citori fully functioned. Thank you!

Here you go, thank me later: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=89866

No, I will thank you now! What a great reference. It's bookmarked for sure!

Since I do not know when or if the trigger mechanism has been cleaned I'm going go ahead and take care of this before gun goes back to range.

All of you who posted... Thank you!

Dave

Thefeeder
08-20-2012, 7:32 PM
Don't Muck with the triggers.....the gun is good for 25-30,000 if not more rounds. Then send it in for a tune up and 30,000 more..keep repeating

I've seen a lot of wood stocks ruined by folks over doing it with oil.

Enjoy the Citori it will last a loooooooog time

Shoot...Clean barrels...wipe down gun metel with a oily cloth. Thats all there is to it.

One last thing ....a bit of grease on the hinge