PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on Fathers Day

Thrillbilly
06-18-2007, 7:48 AM
Well for fathers day we decided to go fishing in the Sierras. The morning started on the Owens just north Bishop. The fishing was bad there we caught zero fish. After a bit we decided to try Convict Lake. Convict Lake was slow but 4 rainbows came up on Thomas Buoyant lures. After some discussion we decided to hit up the upper Owens. This was a very good decision. I caught a Brown off of a crawler with 1 split shot. After the Brown was caught the bite was on. We were catching so many Rainbows (no more Browns came up) we actually stopped counting after 35. We were catching them pretty much on anything. Crawlers, red worms, salmon eggs, lures (rooster tails and Thomas Buoyant) and dry flys. I would have gone back today but I am too sun burnt for another full day of fishing.

mow
06-18-2007, 8:23 AM
Good stuff man! Time for some fish tacos!

Thrillbilly
06-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Good stuff man! Time for some fish tacos!

No doubt :cheers2: Too bad most of what was coming up was in the 2-3lb range. We didnít get any monsters and released almost everything caught, as the bag limit is 5. I actually only kept 2 of mine as my wife doesnít really like trout. Man I need to head back up there it was so much fun and besides that is some beautiful country up there.

mow
06-18-2007, 12:06 PM
IMHO the smaller ones taste better anywho.