PDA

View Full Version : KSG 12?

courage1
08-19-2012, 7:20 PM
hey i saw the KSG 12 and i really like it -the looks actually- i heard its going to be california legal and it kind of made me excited.. i looked at it on impact guns and it says pre-orders maxed out. when does it actually come out?

Mesa Tactical
08-19-2012, 8:15 PM
They have been out since the beginning of the year and have been trickling into California since then.

The form factor is very nice: it's like one tenth of an inch over the minimum overall length of 26 inches. It's fun shooting 14 12-gauge shots before you have to reload.

Feed and ejection is from the same port, as with an Ithaca 37, which means if you get a double feed its a bit of a pain to recover. So don't get a double feed (rack with alacrity).

Manual of arms is also quite different from a typical 12-gauge. Any agency that adopts these (and there are a lot of agencies reviewing them right now) will have to spend a lot of time on developing new doctrine and training. For example, I do not like being unable to see into the chamber without having to peer deep up and into the loading port. Tactical reloads take some getting used to as well.

But these will be training issues.

We loaned ours our to several parties, and all complained of the recoil. However, we didn't think it felt so bad. But we mostly shot bird shot and tactical buck. Haven't put any slugs through it, but we have heard it will be unpleasant when we do. We've been trying to hook them up with Limbsaver to get a recoil pad developed.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/548477_340466319366166_1726425405_n.jpg

courage1
08-19-2012, 8:28 PM
They have been out since the beginning of the year and have been trickling into California since then.

The form factor is very nice: it's like one tenth of an inch over the minimum overall length of 26 inches. It's fun shooting 14 12-gauge shots before you have to reload.

Feed and ejection is from the same port, as with an Ithaca 37, which means if you get a double feed its a bit of a pain to recover. So don't get a double feed (rack with alacrity).

Manual of arms is also quite different from a typical 12-gauge. Any agency that adopts these (and there are a lot of agencies reviewing them right now) will have to spend a lot of time on developing new doctrine and training. For example, I do not like being unable to see into the chamber without having to peer deep up and into the loading port. Tactical reloads take some getting used to as well.

We loaned ours our to several parties, and all complained of the recoil. However, we didn't think it felt so bad. But we mostly shot bird shot and tactical buck. Haven't put any slugs through it, but we have heard it will be unpleasant when we do. We've been trying to hook them up with Limbsaver to get a recoil pad developed.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/548477_340466319366166_1726425405_n.jpg

I want one. Do they feel solid? are they hard to find?

Clutch-n-Throttle
08-19-2012, 8:50 PM
Expect to pay around $1200-1500 for one. Check the firearms classified ads. They pop up once in a while. Also check gunbroker.com

Good luck

Mesa Tactical
08-19-2012, 9:09 PM
I want one. Do they feel solid? are they hard to find?

They do feel solid and they are hard to find.

agent88
08-19-2012, 9:55 PM

I thought I saw one of these today at the show but it turns out it was a ( ut-14?) I think that is the right name. $1300 and lighter than I thought it would be.

BTW.... in the picture where are you shooting at?

Mesa Tactical
08-20-2012, 7:13 AM
BTW.... in the picture where are you shooting at?

Burro Canyon.