PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SR22 Grip Slips Down and Unable to load Mags

mydogsmonkey
08-19-2012, 7:08 PM
For those who own SR22(Pistols):

Does your interchangeable grip slip down a bit while changing mags? My grip is pretty loose and my big hands tend to slip it down just a tad to where I can't load mags unless i slam them in when changing mags. I had Ruger send me a new grip to see if the grip is the problem but seems like the gun side may just be a bit undersized. I hear lots of people having trouble swapping them because they're very tight together. I'm close to JB welding the part on so I don't have this problem, or sending it back to Ruger.

far from tactical
08-19-2012, 9:00 PM
I haven't have any problem with mine at all. Even though it was a pain in the azz swapping the grips for me. But I don't plan to be switching the grips over any time soon.

mydogsmonkey
08-19-2012, 9:12 PM
I haven't have any problem with mine at all. Even though it was a pain in the azz swapping the grips for me. But I don't plan to be switching the grips over any time soon.

is it a pain because its very tight on your gun?

.45 ftw!
08-19-2012, 9:16 PM
I've had no problems with my mine. The wife shoots it so the stock small backstrap is perfect. I tried changing it just to see how it would be, and couldn't even budge that thing. That sucks that you're having a problem with yours; it's a great little gun.

Paperchasin
08-19-2012, 9:52 PM
I have this exact problem when using the Large grips. The front part of the large grips is a softer rubber and slips downwards whenever I try to load a magazine, causing interference. The small grips don't have this problem tho. My solution: I bought some Hogue HandAll Jr slip on rubber grips. I put this over the small grip and now it feels nice in my hands (along with the extended mag bases).

Added: Heres a couple of pictures of mine...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/paperchasin/IMG_5770.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/paperchasin/IMG_5768.jpg

Dannicus
08-19-2012, 10:10 PM
I've had that happen to me and my nephew. The rubber slips down just far enough so that the mag doesn't reach the catch when it butts up against the rubber. I just smak the mag in a little harder and have not had a problem since I stopped being gentle.

mydogsmonkey
08-19-2012, 11:37 PM
I have this exact problem when using the Large grips. The front part of the large grips is a softer rubber and slips downwards whenever I try to load a magazine, causing interference. The small grips don't have this problem tho. My solution: I bought some Hogue HandAll Jr slip on rubber grips. I put this over the small grip and now it feels nice in my hands (along with the extended mag bases).

Added: Heres a couple of pictures of mine...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/paperchasin/IMG_5770.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/paperchasin/IMG_5768.jpg

that looks pretty good, does the wrap help keep the small grip on it a bit tighter as well? I just switched it to the small grip and seems like its on a bit better as well.

Paperchasin
08-20-2012, 7:46 AM
that looks pretty good, does the wrap help keep the small grip on it a bit tighter as well? I just switched it to the small grip and seems like its on a bit better as well.

It feels great in the hands too. Hard to tell from the pics, but the HandAll also has slight palm swells on both sides. In regards to the small grip, I've not had any issues with it sliding off, even before adding the Hogue. So I cannot say if the Hogue will help with what you're asking. The small grips seem to have a more rigid plastic in the front of the grip, thus does not really move around.

Jeepergeo
08-20-2012, 1:44 PM
No. Mine are really tight, and actually sort of hard to get off, so no slippage at all.

On mine, it is important to make sure the grip gets seated all the way on. Then, with the magazine extensions in place, each mag needs to be "hand bumped" to seat it in place. The hand bump is not needed when the mag extensions are not attached, but I like that extra finger space, so I use the mag extensions and just do the bump to seat the loaded maps.

40SWGlock
08-20-2012, 5:01 PM
Haven't had any problems with my grips yet. The initial switch from the small to large grip was super hard. Now its still tight but I can swap them fairly easy now.