PDA

View Full Version : Charter Arms Pitbull

snubbyfan
08-19-2012, 2:10 PM
Ok, I admit it, I've been looking at a Charter Arms 9mm Pitbull. I like the low price on 9mm ammo and I'm a revolver guy. I also like the idea that the pitbull doesn't need moon rings to fire rimless cartridges. I figure it can be my cookie jar kitchen gun. Does anyone here have any experience with the Charter Arms Pitbull? Either 9mm or .40S&W.

Bikertrash
08-19-2012, 3:21 PM
http://www.humanevents.com/2012/05/08/gun-review-charter-arms-pitbull/ I have a Charter Arms .38 Undercover. It's definitely not heirloom quality, but it works just fine. I'm happy with it. I'll buy the Pitbull in 9mm for my wife.

tdyoung1958
08-19-2012, 3:50 PM
And they have awesome customer service if needed, actually answer the phone without having to push any damned buttons for anything.

Have a Undercover Lite and a 22 mag for the GF, both reliable and shoot good for the price

snubbyfan
08-19-2012, 5:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I've gotta admit to being a bit of a gun snob and I've long considered Charter Arms as not being "real" guns. But after reading reviews and watching some of the videos I thought,"why not?" Well, I think that 9mm might just be the one I can't possibly live without.

Bikertrash
08-21-2012, 4:40 PM
According to my FFL, we can't get get them in CA. :(

Quiet
08-21-2012, 4:50 PM
According to my FFL, we can't get get them in CA. :(

They are not on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale.

So, they only way a CA FFL dealer can transfer them is via LEO sale, PPT or out-of-state intra-familial gift.

They do not meet the dimensional requirements needed for a single-action revolver exemption.

Supposedly, Charter Arms says they are trying to get them approved but it won't happen until sometime next year.

Skipper
08-21-2012, 5:22 PM
They do not meet the dimensional requirements needed for a single-action revolver exemption.

It's double action and the dimensions match quite a few approved Charters. My guess is that Charter just hasn't received or applied for approval yet.