PDA

View Full Version : Doubles Trap on Regular Trap Field?

Charles4400
08-19-2012, 7:01 AM
I wanted to try out some doubles trap and was wondering if you need to go to a specialized doubles trap field or if you can set it up on a regular trap field?

If you can do this on a standard trap field, then how? (I doubt you just yell 'PULL' twice on the voice activators right!?)

If not who has Doubles Trap Fields?

Was planning to go to Oak Tree this week, hope it can be done there.

Thanks!

crackerman
08-19-2012, 7:56 AM
I've done it at Prado in the trap field closest to skeet fields. Just need to ask the trapper nicely and have them set it up.

RayPDA
08-19-2012, 8:07 AM
Not sure about Oak tree, but I know Prado (what crackerman said) has two fields (3 and 4) which can, and have been set up for doubles. Normally you'll only see it for fun league or other club/etc shoots, but if you ask a puller/employee, they'll set it up for you if its not ridiculously busy.

Triple B's traps can also be set up for doubles. Redlands has one 'dedicated' doubles field, but I know others can be set up for them too.

Basically the machines are setup to throw two targets simultaneously at a fixed set of angles.

Basically, as a general rule, when on post 1 and 2, you'll shoot the more straightaway (from your post) target first, which in this case would be the right angling target.

On Posts 3 and 4, you'll be going for the left angling target, which becomes the more straightaway bird of the pair.

On, post 3, your pick (I generally go right left)

But, some people do the opposite, or something in between, in which case the best advice is:

"Shoot the first bird first, and the second one second!" :)

Charles4400
08-19-2012, 9:05 AM
Thanks! So basically you have to ask the place if they will set it up for you.

Great will see what they say.

So when shooting doubles the clay angles are always the same for every shot? Hmmm.. I was hoping it would be random like singles but with two clays.... suddenly not as excited.

CK_32
08-19-2012, 9:08 AM
Triple b

Their sporting clay stages is where I always end up at all day. All types of angles all different ways. And they do have doubles which I've reciently been doing but it's a lot harder since trap is just straight across sporting clay is all around if that's what your looking for.. And. I asking required just hit the doubles button on the controller pick the 2 throws you want and bam has at it.

Really nice place too