PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my Fal

Whiterook
06-17-2007, 2:47 PM
Im thinking of selling my fal, but dont have a clue of what its worth.

1)Imbel gear logo receiver
2)STG58 (excellent parts kit)
3)stanag scope mount (tapco) and scope
4)10 round mag set screwed in place

I never finished the build so theres is no compliance parts.

The receiver is barreled , just add compliance parts and your ready to rock.

Whats it worth?????????

C.G.
06-17-2007, 4:06 PM
Who barreled the receiver?

Matching kit?

Without all the information, it is probably worth about as much as parts or slightly less, depending who barreled it - about $475 for the receiver, $300-$425 for the kit, depending whether matching numbers or not and condition of barrel.

gunsnrovers
06-17-2007, 4:10 PM
What was said above. As much as the parts are worth. About $800~$900.

-hanko
06-17-2007, 4:41 PM

Matching kit?

Without all the information, it is probably worth about as much as parts or slightly less, depending who barreled it - about $475 for the receiver, $300-$425 for the kit, depending whether matching numbers or not and condition of barrel.
+1; on an assembled kit, you don't get the labor back, save mabye a little if the gun were built by a known smith...Gun Plumber, AZEX, Rich @ CGW. New Imbel receivers are now $450-500, an STG kit won't pass $350 without matching numbers and pristine oem finish & most of those kits are already built. An asking price of $750-800 would be it. More for a para, more for a real Israeli kit.

A Crapo scope mount won't add to the value, the scope doesn't gain any value by being attached to the FAL.

What's causing you to sell the gun??

-hanko

6172crew
06-17-2007, 5:33 PM
Ive seen it, its a ex condition DSA kit w/ matching numbers barreled by a local smith.

diegojosh
06-17-2007, 5:40 PM
just give it to me..I'll take it off your hands!:D

Whiterook
06-17-2007, 6:03 PM

Matching kit?

I cant find any matching #'s but the kit was an (excellent) hand picked kit. i cant remember what vender i got it from, its been over two years ago. The receiver was barreled by my local gunsmith / FFL. At the time my he stated how nice the bore and kit was. It has seen less that 200 rounds from the time of the build.

Im looking into selling it to fund other projects + im not a big fal fan, i built it because i could and at the time it we were limited in what we could own in the black rifle department.

Thanks for all the replys

C.G.
06-17-2007, 6:15 PM
I cant find any matching #'s but the kit was an (excellent) hand picked kit. i cant remember what vender i got it from, its been over two years ago. The receiver was barreled by my local gunsmith / FFL. At the time my he stated how nice the bore and kit was. It has seen less that 200 rounds from the time of the build.

Im looking into selling it to fund other projects + im not a big fal fan, i built it because i could and at the time it we were limited in what we could own in the black rifle department.

Thanks for all the replys

Then Hanko was right on the money, somewhere $750-800 asking price, unless someone needs one really badly.

thedrickel
06-17-2007, 6:38 PM
I wouldn't let it go for less than 850. If it had compiance parts I would ask a thou.

Flux Capacitor
06-17-2007, 6:50 PM
I wouldn't let it go for less than 850. If it had compiance parts I would ask a thou.

+1. Compliance parts add value. The receiver along is about 1/2 the price of the entire rifle.

-hanko
06-17-2007, 6:56 PM
Whiterook, best thing you can do if you're serious about setting a price is ask the question on the marketplace forum on the fal files. I'd estimate (pure swag;)) 90-95 per cent of fal rifles and parts move on that board. My estimate is what similar rifles are going for at this time, a lower price will result in a faster sale. $1000 w/ compliance parts might cause the gun to languish for a while...at that level you're a just couple hundred bucks short of a para; another few hundred past that and you're at a finished Israeli gun.

What brings the price level of a kit gun up is matching parts (kit was made up from a single original gun) that are numbered...the lower receiver, bolt, bolt carrier, and sometimes, the barrel. Past that, authentic recreations of something unusual...a G1, L1A1 or Aussie gun, an Israeli light or heavy barrel, or a paratrooper (Belgian or Imbel). Past that, a gun put together by a known smith...Mark Graham, Derek at AZEX, CGW, and a few others; not to say your smith did not do a wonderful job.

Absent any of the above, you're still selling a basic frankenfal gun, yours has the definite plus of an STG donor gun, arguably the most accurate barrel available in a kit gun.

hth

=hanko

laabstract
06-17-2007, 10:57 PM
How can you get bored of a FAL??? one of the best battle rifles ever made.
I paid $900 for mine fully built.

C.G.
06-18-2007, 12:44 AM
How can you get bored of a FAL??? one of the best battle rifles ever made.
I paid $900 for mine fully built.

+1.:) There is something about them.

BTW, you either were lucky or bought yours a while back to buy it for $900.

1064chubbs
06-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Man I dont usually do this but Ill give you $400 and pay for sipping;) :D

C.G.
06-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Man I dont usually do this but Ill give you $400 and pay for sipping;) :D

If you are paying for sipping on some fine old Scotch that may be a good deal.:D