PDA

View Full Version : Light solution for Mossberg 500 without removable forend.

YodaUsedAGlock
08-18-2012, 12:30 PM
I wanted to get a Surefire or EOTech light forend but alas I have forend that is not removeable. Any recommendation on a solution? Also, what about a rail solution to mount a holo sight?

swifty
08-18-2012, 1:23 PM
Get a different forend assembly.

A Holo sight is a completely different critter than a light, one is not a substitute for the other.

mossy
08-18-2012, 2:25 PM
yeah just buy a diffrent forend tube. sell the old one and buy the EOTech.

YodaUsedAGlock
08-18-2012, 3:50 PM
Recommendations on what forend to buy and where?

prc77
08-18-2012, 6:26 PM
you said you wanted the Surefire. You decide where.

HatersLOVEme : )
08-19-2012, 12:52 AM
You need a action tube assembly thats removable if you want to change the forend out like this one :

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/Yugish/P1050120.jpg

But if your just looking to put a Surefire light on it they make mounts that clap onto your magazine tube no forend swap needed :D

MossbergMan
08-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Swifty, EOTech is making/marketing a dedicated forend light for shotguns. I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't want to add a halographic sight to his forend :-)
Although pricey, like the Surefire light systems, the EOTech light doesn't protrude from the forend (like the Surefire unit).
OP search shotguns and flashlights on this forum you'll see lot's of options that don't involve changing forends.

swifty
08-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Swifty, EOTech is making/marketing a dedicated forend light for shotguns. I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't want to add a halographic sight to his forend :-)
Although pricey, like the Surefire light systems, the EOTech light doesn't protrude from the forend (like the Surefire unit).

Yes, EOTech makes a dedicated unit, but it does require a different forend assembly than the one described as on the OP's shotgun. The non-dedicated units would require the same. The light does protrude, just differently than the Sure-Fire.

While I doubt the Holo sight is intended for the forearm, I figured he was not so lazy as to ask someone else to look up a common item such as a scope mount. If the OP chooses to add more info as to the whether or not his gun is drilled and tapped or he misspoke, then I could offer more info.