PDA

View Full Version : What red dot and co witness?

Mikelarry
08-18-2012, 11:10 AM
I am thinking about making a CQB type upper not sure if I want to spend the money for an Eotec or just get something mid level Bushnell,PA,Burris
I like this video because you can see not only the different dots but CW styles
I am torn between 1/3 and absolute
What do you guys think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogX-cIx9hpk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

GW
08-18-2012, 11:26 AM
What do you want?
Or rather what do you want it to look like?
What style appeals to you most?
Trijicon, Aimpoint and Eotech are what the military uses most and they are hard-use durable and expensive $500 plus but then you have the best. If you just want a red dot that works well then Burris and Bushnell will fill the bill for around $250.

If you just want the basics then Vortex or Lucid View will give you good service at around $150

If you just want the look get Barska or BC Star.

Mikelarry
08-18-2012, 11:47 AM
I was thinking because I can see the irons the red dot does not have to be super reliable.

Mikelarry
08-18-2012, 2:57 PM
I am looking at the bushnell mini dots are they good?

dieselpower
08-18-2012, 9:14 PM
PA's vid is great stuff.

Here are a couple more for you to look over to help you. Also using the actual RDS set up makes all the pictures and videos fit together. You may think you like one style, then when you actually use it you find out you hate it.

Here is my BUIS Chart
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu272/Wiringguy/cowitnessdiagrams-1.jpg

Aimpoint CompM4.
WARNING this is sorta a optical trick. The RDS is hard mounted and the camera is moving. If this was on a firearm, the dot would be moving also as your not going to be as steady as a hard mount.
JuUTyv3teqo&feature=my_favorites&list=FL3TvypSgTUi8tqMXJ_IcH2w

2zPMgqdCTrw

EOTech
Once again, the firearm is NOT being held.
xmgeCqpw3nc&feature=BFa&list=FL3TvypSgTUi8tqMXJ_IcH2w

C-More (my fav)
This is mounted on a pistol, but you get the idea. You can sorta see why competition guys like them. Much easier to view past the body.
4ZLTLEGkLYE&feature=related

Mikelarry
08-19-2012, 9:46 PM
Thanks

Mikelarry
08-30-2012, 9:33 PM
So I am thinking Eotech

roushstage2
08-30-2012, 11:38 PM
That's what I want (thus far): EOTech EXPS2

voiceofreason
08-31-2012, 12:48 AM
Aimpoint Micro H1 with the 2 MOA dot.

Don't know if the 2 MOA is available yet.

T-1 if you anticipate using it in conjunction with NVG or require additional water resistance.

The H-1 saves you some money, the T-1 is the "cooler" one which offers little if you don't use NVG.

joker70
08-31-2012, 9:10 AM
Vortex Strikefire + Magpul BUIS = 100% co-witness for less than $200.

Mikelarry
09-04-2012, 8:33 AM
So i have made my decision I am going to wait for the new Acog looking Primary Arms scope coming out and off set a micro at 45
This would give me CQB and Med range