PDA

View Full Version : Order

Calibre45
08-18-2012, 2:57 AM
Hello

Noxx
08-18-2012, 3:31 AM
I think "fraud" may be a little reactionary at this juncture.

Faon
08-18-2012, 3:37 AM
Be patient they are legit

Dont_Shoot_im_Chinese
08-18-2012, 3:44 AM
First of all, welcome to Calguns. Second, you are posting in the wrong section of the forum. Third, please understand that they deal with a high volume of customers and will not be able to remember each account.

I'd be patient and wait up to seven full business days to see if there is an update with your order before trying to take matters into your own hands. I dont know about you but im always afraid to use cashiers check because almost ANYTHING can happen and you wont get your money back. I wish you the best and please keep us updated

halifax
08-18-2012, 3:52 AM
I don't think Bud's really stocks much of anything. They just take the order and have the item "dropped shipped" from the wholesaler. That is their business model. You are probably having to wait until the wholesaler gets more of the firearm you ordered back in stock.

As for the sales rep hanging up on you, you may want to contact management.

Good luck.

mtsul
08-18-2012, 4:00 AM
Also depending on what you ordered they might not ship it to you I tried to order a high point carbine when they cane out a few years back and have it sent to a middle man in AZ and they would not do it because my address was in California so give us more info

1000stars
08-18-2012, 4:57 AM
Buds is legit. Your experience is not uncommon. Be patient you will get your gun. The money you save is the price for having to wait longer.

If you don't mind, please tell us what you ordered.

Packy14
08-18-2012, 5:32 AM
I don't think Bud's really stocks much of anything. They just take the order and have the item "dropped shipped" from the wholesaler. That is their business model. You are probably having to wait until the wholesaler gets more of the firearm you ordered back in stock.

As for the sales rep hanging up on you, you may want to contact management.

Good luck.

You'll get your gun, as for the condition of it when you get it, who knows (I got one which was clearly used but sold as new from Buds). Next time, don't save that 3% with the money order, use a credit card that gives you cash back and eat the 1.5%.

JBaus
08-18-2012, 7:16 AM
I wouldn't take the hang up and would call back and ask to talk to manager about the rude emp.....always and I mean always ask for a name inbthe beginning of a customer service Convo so you're ready to complain or leave a compliment

AAShooter
08-18-2012, 7:20 AM
Boy, this thread really makes me want to do business with Buds Gun Shop. :rolleyes:

FalconLair
08-18-2012, 7:27 AM
can't see someone charging a 10% restocking fee on an order that hasn't even been pulled yet to ship...most of that restocking stuff is so bs anyway

Jack L
08-18-2012, 7:29 AM
I have bought from Buds twice. Both times they shipped out within two days. It could be backordered even if the site said it was in stock. I have never heard of Buds ripping anyone off. Who knows? It could be a computer glitch or something that they were not aware of.

t0kie
08-18-2012, 7:33 AM
Relax, I think it's too early to call it a fraud. Have you ask what's actually the cause of the hold up? Sometime either they don't have it in stock and still waiting for the order from the wholesale or it could be also that you might use an FFL that's not in their system so they need to collect more info, such as copy of your FFL & CFD#. Call again & ask.

Wicked Pete
08-18-2012, 7:52 AM
I order ammo from them, never had a problem.

Socalmedix
08-18-2012, 8:05 AM
Slow down turbo, I just ordered 2 guns from them in the last 2 weeks and it takes them a while for the payment to clear their bank. My 1st gun has already shipped and I'm still waiting for the 2nd to be shipped. They are a legit company and manage a lot of orders on a daily basis. Let's not jump to fraud before investigating further.

cannon
08-18-2012, 8:13 AM
Forged or fraudulant cashiers checks are common. Many businesses do not ship until they clear the bank.

blasterboy
08-18-2012, 8:19 AM
Listen to the guys on this thread, don't panic and be smart. Note the times you have called and whom you spoke to, how long your wait has been, etc. Buds can be contacted by mail or email. They are a good outfit in my dealings with them and they don't want a bad rep. I have had bad experiences with good companies and most often they will add a goodie in the box when it arrives to cover my frustration. If you are cordial, polite, and professional (I automatically assume you are) then the impact of your concern and frustration will be more deeply felt. Just my opinion, in the future, do a web search of a review of the company you want to do business with. Every good company has its' detractors and see what problems those people have had and if your comfortable buy from them-otherwise stay away. Also don't jump to conclusions, if you are buying a firearm you have to go through your ffl, and sometimes the rec'ving ffl has dropped the ball somewhere. Better yet if the ffl has the time, he can call for you. I have had my ffl drop the ball once or twice. Even though you are somewhat powerless in this situation, the key is to not feel powerless.

Ripon83
08-18-2012, 8:39 AM
Remember the adage you get more flys with honey then vinegar......be nice not demanding when you call and if the customer service rep can't help ask for a manager. Buds has always delivered on my orders and I've used money orders too.

Ron-Solo
08-18-2012, 8:42 AM
Cool your jets, newbie. Cashiers checks are held until they clear, just like any other check.

Your accusation of fraud is inappropriate, especially since they must verify the FFL and jump thru the California hoops.

Based on your overreaction with this post, there's a good chance you were probably rude to the person on the phone, hence her hanging up on you. That generally only happens when the caller gets irate or uses profanity. If that's not the case, contact a manager about your complaint.

Patience is a virtue. Find some, or you will nut up during the 10 day wait once the gun gets to your FFL. I've always had good luck with Buds.

MIAMIbaseballer
08-18-2012, 8:42 AM
relax guy.... you'll get your gun. I've ordered more guns than I can count from them and some take longer than others. Your attitude will determine how fast you receive the firearm.

Oceanbob
08-18-2012, 8:51 AM
OP.....have your Buds Approved FFL call them. They will respond to your receiving FFL.

What did you buy?...

Good luck.

44fred
08-18-2012, 9:10 AM
Cool your jets, newbie. Cashiers checks are held until they clear, just like any other check.

Your accusation of fraud is inappropriate, especially since thy must verify the FFL and jump thru the California hoops.

Based on your overreaction with this post, there's a good chance you were probably rude to the person on the phone, hence her hanging up on you. That generally only happens when the caller gets irate or uses profanity. If that's not the case, contact a manager about your complaint.

Patience is a virtue. Find some, or you will nut up during the 10 day wait once the gun gets to your FFL. I've always had good luck with Buds.

Thank you for writing my thoughts!

gunprofit
08-18-2012, 12:58 PM
I can see why they hung up on you. You are a hothead.

9mmrevolver
08-18-2012, 1:03 PM
They did the same thing to a friend on a 22 marlin. I don't think they charged in a restock fee.

760practicalshooter
08-18-2012, 1:11 PM
:troll:

sephy
08-18-2012, 1:15 PM
I have made many purchases of firearms, ammunition, and accessories from Buds. I have never had a problem. They do hold checks until they clear. I bet they'll ship in the next few business days.

striker777
08-18-2012, 5:12 PM
call back ask for someone else explain the problem ask them if it's on backorder or the s
shipping status because of the time you have waited. you received my payment etc..

Buds is alright never heard of anyone not getting a refund on a item they purchased or receiving their merchandise

Merc1138
08-18-2012, 5:27 PM
Wait... you paid with a check and don't understand why a business hasn't shipped your product in the 10 days since they got it?

Odds are they didn't do anything with it on day 1. Day 2 it probably got sent to their accounting department. Day 3, assuming they're quick about these things it was deposited. 10 days ago was Wednesday. They didn't do anything with your check on Saturday or Sunday. If their bank got the check Monday, it wouldn't be uncommon to wait a week or more till the check clears. Yet you want to "put a fraud alert on them"? Anyone can print fake checks at home and they need to make sure you didn't do that.

You chose one of the slowest, irritating, tedious, and work involved payment methods, but want instant gratification? Pay with your credit card like most people do(then pay the balance on your credit card immediately) and maybe next time they'll be able to deal with your payment in a couple of days instead of waiting on your check to clear.

CK_32
08-18-2012, 5:47 PM
Sounds like your flipping. Just relax and wait.. If it turns into a few weeks (4 or 5 weeks) and still no responce of anything being shipped then start to wonder..

You took one of the longest type of payments possible.. You can't expect it to show up imidiatly if you were in such a rush you should have payed credit or direct. I know some guys who order guns from some shops with up to 2 years wait.. So wait a few more days before you call fraud.

Keep calling and don't stress just be calm stressing and yelling at people won't help anything.

NoNOS67
08-18-2012, 5:59 PM

Your accusation of fraud is inappropriate, especially since thy must verify the FFL and jump thru the California hoops.

I've found myself agreeing with Ron more and more lately. Weird... ;)

Manolito
08-18-2012, 6:11 PM
My money is on what Ron Solo said.

fastkevin
08-18-2012, 7:08 PM
I love it when people sign up on forums just to ***** about something or someone

TKM
08-18-2012, 7:17 PM
When did CG become the dumping grounds for the inarticulate?

bubbapug1
08-18-2012, 11:33 PM
I can see why they hung up on you. You are a hothead.

I agree...a total panic button pusher....your first post in the wrong forum and your accusing buds of fraud.....

:ban:

compulsivegunbuyer
08-18-2012, 11:40 PM
I had a gun from Buds take a week and a half to ship, but another shipped in 2 days. Just the way it is.

Twystd1
08-19-2012, 12:18 AM
One post........

And he is gone...........

T

NSR500
08-19-2012, 12:22 AM
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/Iamacatdog/Macros-Reaction/Yall-postin-in-a-troll-thread.jpg

CK_32
08-19-2012, 12:34 AM
One post........

And he is gone...........

T

If only we were blessed enough that the other not so fantastic keyboard ninjas doing the same. :cool:

bsg
08-19-2012, 12:46 AM
waiting for anything can be frustrating. chill out; it's all good. things don't always move as fast and smoothly as we'd like. no need to blast a business at this stage of the game, simply because the transaction isn't moving fast enough for you.

mav007
08-19-2012, 8:31 AM
One post, great advise from member's and no response back. Makes one wonder. Oh, buy a gun from me and I'll wait five days for it to clear my bank and the two weeks it will take to clear your bank. ALOT of counterfeit CC 's out there.
Relax, never had an issue with Buds.

FalconLair
08-19-2012, 9:43 AM
First of all, you CAN stop payment on a Cashiers check, so it has to clear the bank. And with all the fraud out there these days everybody has to be super careful. There are some incredibly well made fakes of Cashiers checks and the like.

Secondly, a restocking fee of 10% is not only a small amount, it's by no means "BS". Let me explain.

I own a business. I stock certain parts to a specified qty on my shelf. Along comes a customer who wants many more times what I usually stock, or a custom ordered part. I order it. Let's assume it's $500.00.

Now my business has spent $500 on something I'm going to make $50.00 on (so I've spent $450). Customer calls and cancels. If it's a custom part - I'm stuck with it, I'll never sell it, it goes into the trash. Or it's not custom but it's 5 to 6 months my normal volume of parts. Now my business has layed out a pile of money (that we need for other things, especially in this economy) and now I will have to hold onto these parts for 6 or more months just to break even.

My business has a little over 65,000 parts in stock. Do this to me twice a week for a year (not at all hard to do) and I'll have 100's or 1000's of dollars of inventory sitting collecting dust on my shelves that will take forever to sell. Of course in the mean time the boxes get wrecked a bit, the contacts oxidize, etc. My parts are becoming less and less valuble as time goes on.

Oops! It's tax time! IRS wants XYZ dollars! Uh oh... all of that money is tied up on my shelves in parts that I can't sell! What do I do? Borrow money? Ask the Govt for a bailout? In any case - I'm stuck. Hard.

And trust me, it happens more often than not. Year before last I had brought in a TON of parts for a panel we build for oil producers. Obama puts a hold on drilling in CA. The parts sit on my shelf, tax man wants piles of loot which I now don't have because I bought all these parts, and I almost go out of biz.

Why? Because somebody didn't do their homework or is impatient and wants their money back before a check has cleared or whatever. Should I go out of business because people can't sit still for 10 days?

Nope.

Hope that clarifies the "Restocking Charge BS" for you. Btw - my restocking charge is 25%. Period.my statement, if you fully understood it, was in reference to something that hasn't even been processed yet, I dont need clarification of what a restocking charge is, how you run your business is totally your business, charging a 25% restocking fee for an order that hasnt even been processed would be total "bs" in my opinion...no worries though, brother, with that in mind, you wouldnt get any of my business anyway...Period

btw, I honestly will say I dont blame you on the custom stuff, things you need to order, but OP didnt mention anything about some custom order, so if nothing has happened yet with his order, why would a restocking fee need to be applied? One last thing, I owned a very successful business for 17 years, sold it at a huge profit, and I would never invest $450 on a item to make $50 bucks...maybe your profit margins are part of your problem????

Holding Name 1
08-19-2012, 9:58 AM
My guess is the troll is a compeditor trying to bash Buds or probably someone who is not mentally stable enough to own a firearm.

Spic-N-Span
08-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Budsgunshop.com supposedly is a member of the Better Business Bureau. They should conduct an ethical relationship with customers in order to maintain their membership with the BBB. If you think there is something wrong with the transaction you could complain with BBB (Better Business Bureau) and they will contact Budsgunshop.com for you and resolve your complaint. I used to buy from Buds but switched to Davidsons where your satisfaction is foremost in their interests. At Davidsons, if you are not satisfied let's say with the condition or the quality of the gun you received from them, you could return it for refund or exchange easily. If I could help it, I would not buy from Buds anymore. See their ratings at resellerratings.com and you could see how bad they do business with customers.

scobun
08-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Buds sucks. Their customer service is only slightly better than Bank of America or the DMV, and their business model leaves the customer hanging without knowning what is going on.

I've bought two guns from them. One was a Weatherby Mark V Varmint. When it showed up, it was a Weatherby Vanguard. Fail. The other in the same order was a S&W 629-6. The one I got was so used that even the counter guy who opened the boxes with me said that I should send it back.

The Gleam
08-20-2012, 11:12 AM
I recall a time when just about ANYTHING you purchased that required shipping was declared as "6 to 8 weeks" - even stuff from RonCo. It's great that shipping has gotten expedient and often we get things from a few days to a week. That's nice; even better when it comes next-day by Fed-Ex.

But antsy at 10 days, after paying for what was likely a higher-dollar amount, with a cashiers check? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

FalconLair
08-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Wow... that's a mouthfull ;)

First - there isn't a "problem" with my business, I was just making statements and pointing out things that some people who have never owned or run a business have never thought about. That's all.

Secondly - $50 on a $500 part was just numbers I grabbed out of the air. Not real or actual facts, again, just pointing out things that some may not have understood never being exposed to them.

Thirdly - I never specified if the order had been processed or not, and once again, was just making points.

Fourth - My 25% restocking fee is not on orders that have not been processed, it's on parts that have been ordered, shipped, and then returned to us. A 25% restocking charge in my industry is the going rate.

Final point as no sense in rambling on forever is once again, I was not stating absolutes, I was making points for some to consider that have never been exposed to running or owning a business or possibly a restocking charge.

I'm absolutely overjoyed that you ran an ultra sucessful business for 17 years, made more money than anybody else on the planet, and sold it for more than Microsoft or Google are worth. You are by far the coolest person and best businessman I've ever had the chance to be trolled by.

Although I would suggest that you put it back in your pants, read a little closer next time to realize I was just pointing out a few things and hadn't "taken mine out yet" for the measuring contest. Because who ever could stand up to such a business icon as yourself? ;)

It's all good, put it back - yours is huge and mine it tiny, and I have other threads to read through now so I won't bother coming back to this one to read the next novellette about everyone is so in awe of your business accumen :)

Adios! :)I'm happy to hear that there isn't a problem with your business structure...I wish no ill will in business to anyone, but then again, I wasn't the one whining about not being about to pay Uncle Sam either...I made a small comment about a lot of these restocking fees being paramount to bs and you chose to forecast to me some elongated "story" to justify your need...ok, so be it, you need them, I did fine without them, albeit, in your own defense I will admit that my business did not deal directly with the public, we were not a retail business, we were a manufacturer, so, MAYBE, your clientele was different...

I didnt fetch what Microsoft or even Google might be worth, but I did make enough to not have to work anymore, which is good enough for me :)

addyyoon
08-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Got my Savage from Bud's a couple weeks ago, they're legit. Takes a little time

4Defense
08-20-2012, 1:42 PM
Hey, all checks must be good. It's his right? lol.

Wait... you paid with a check and don't understand why a business hasn't shipped your product in the 10 days since they got it?

Odds are they didn't do anything with it on day 1. Day 2 it probably got sent to their accounting department. Day 3, assuming they're quick about these things it was deposited. 10 days ago was Wednesday. They didn't do anything with your check on Saturday or Sunday. If their bank got the check Monday, it wouldn't be uncommon to wait a week or more till the check clears. Yet you want to "put a fraud alert on them"? Anyone can print fake checks at home and they need to make sure you didn't do that.

You chose one of the slowest, irritating, tedious, and work involved payment methods, but want instant gratification? Pay with your credit card like most people do(then pay the balance on your credit card immediately) and maybe next time they'll be able to deal with your payment in a couple of days instead of waiting on your check to clear.

blackrifle242
08-20-2012, 11:26 PM
My first rifle took 2 weeks to ship from Buds. I wasn't in a hurry to join a SWAT sniper team with a bitone MARPAT ghillie suit made from mink, so whatever. I always liked licking a trolls hair and making it stick straight up.

RazzB7
08-21-2012, 6:28 AM
I love it when people sign up on forums just to ***** about something or someone

Man! Me TOO!

Like this thread here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=539963 :D

Memory loss?

Yaki
08-21-2012, 6:54 AM
Man! Me TOO!

Like this thread here:

Memory loss?

Is that you Kevin. You went mia in that thread but i see you now.. :hide:[

Merc1138
08-21-2012, 7:42 AM
Man! Me TOO!

Like this thread here:

Memory loss?

LOL, that's pretty damn funny. Made even more ridiculous by the responses he was sending to people and not posting in the thread(I guess to avoid pissing off the guys at riflegear enough to the point where they do actually post the video).

NytWolf
08-21-2012, 8:48 AM
Read number 16 on Bud's FAQ. Consider what you ordered. Be patient.

Also, keep in mind:
http://reloroundtable.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/good-cheap-fast-2.jpg

TurboChrisB
08-21-2012, 4:12 PM
Hey OP, way to abandon your own thread!

hcbr
08-21-2012, 4:27 PM
well don't panic, as they do have good support, just call them directly, and ask for one of the guys (aka the one's on the site that are doing support/sales) and they'll pick up, that or just ask the lady for someone on sales. They are totally legit, bought 4 guns from them recently, and all have gone well without a hitch.

also please read and follow rules, and welcome to CG!

stix213
08-21-2012, 4:28 PM
Hey OP, way to abandon your own thread!

The OP posted his e-mail address so he wouldn't ever have to come back to his thread. I'd just ignore it.

Darklyte27
08-21-2012, 5:02 PM
They take about a week or so to make sure the check clears.
But no one should be hung up on.

Merc1138
08-21-2012, 5:28 PM
They take about a week or so to make sure the check clears.
But no one should be hung up on.

Since the OP couldn't understand the idea that a check takes time to clear, I somehow don't believe he was being particularly cordial to the CS person he was speaking with. Eventually they will just hang up.

Colt-45
08-21-2012, 9:43 PM
My Remington 700 SPS Tactiacal AAC-SD .308 took 2 and a half weeks to ship, I wouldn't be too worried.

frankm
08-21-2012, 9:47 PM
Boy, this thread really makes me want to do business with Buds Gun Shop. :rolleyes:

I've ordered two guns from them. I had a good experience.

stormvet
08-22-2012, 8:56 AM
I have bought seven guns from Buds, first class customer service.

SGGear
08-22-2012, 9:37 AM
he posts once and disappears?

Rogue187
08-22-2012, 11:36 AM
TROLL!!

rbetts
08-22-2012, 1:06 PM
What he Said ^^^^^^^

Dont_Shoot_im_Chinese
08-22-2012, 1:18 PM
Troll him for wasting my time by making a ad in Craigslist with his email. Lol. JK