PDA

View Full Version : sig p226 mk25 or regular p226 made by germany?

dawn777
08-17-2012, 9:15 PM
which one is better?

is germany made with better quality than US made?

WETP
08-17-2012, 9:20 PM
Where did you find a German Sig? Personally the I think the MK25 quality is great.

SA227driver
08-18-2012, 4:20 AM
Some Sig purists claim the German made guns have a better slide to frame fit and overall better QC. The older German guns are heavier from the slide being folded steel not the two piece milled slide made in the US. My 226 is the typical slide made in US and frame made in Germany.

Some will claim the W. German guns were the best made.

Packy14
08-18-2012, 4:39 AM
Some Sig purists claim the German made guns have a better slide to frame fit and overall better QC. The older German guns are heavier from the slide being folded steel not the two piece milled slide made in the US. My 226 is the typical slide made in US and frame made in Germany.

Some will claim the W. German guns were the best made.

The old stamped steel guns are lighter not heavier, and don't take +p ammo well over the long haul.. they made them milled to handle .40cal.

zombiescanlearn
08-18-2012, 5:19 AM
Where did you find a German Sig? Personally the I think the MK25 quality is great.

I picked up one of these about a year ago from Going Quiet, a vendor in the Commercial Sales section on Calguns. Great gun. The MK25 is great but I don't know about spending $1,000+ on a pistol. For that price, I'd rather get a regular P226 and save the money for ammo.

WETP
08-18-2012, 6:03 AM
I picked up one of these about a year ago from Going Quiet, a vendor in the Commercial Sales section on Calguns. Great gun. The MK25 is great but I don't know about spending $1,000+ on a pistol. For that price, I'd rather get a regular P226 and save the money for ammo.

*1 The only benefit, side by side the MK25 is lighter. I haven't made my mind yet, if buy or get my first 1911 (looking for SA TRP)

sirgiles
08-18-2012, 6:05 AM
The old stamped steel guns are lighter not heavier, and don't take +p ammo well over the long haul.. they made them milled to handle .40cal.

+1.

Striker
08-18-2012, 9:02 AM
*1 The only benefit, side by side the MK25 is lighter. I haven't made my mind yet, if buy or get my first 1911 (looking for SA TRP)

Also the MK25 has a true picatinny rail on it instead of the Sig rail. Reportedly the SEALs asked for this because some accessories don't fit correctly on the Sig rail. IIRC, Kyle Defoor said he had to shim his light for it to fit correctly. Also, there isn't much holster selection out there for the MK25 yet as it takes time.

Personally, I have an older folded slide German gun that's has a great trigger and is extremely accurate, but if I were going to buy one now I would probably buy one of the milled stainless slide versions. One of the reasons that the milled slide came to be, besides to handle .40 and .357 sig, is because on a folded slide you have to change those roll pins every 5000 rounds or so and the SEALs go through a lot of rounds in a short amount of time. The milled slide is more durable and less work. If you don't shoot it a lot, it doesn't matter, but if you do it might. And when I say one of the milled slide versions, you can choose a MK25 or P226R or one of the old ones w/o a rail, your choice. Reportedly the older versions sans rail are better made pistols. Whether or not that's true, I don't really know.

For an HD/service gun, in my mind no question, you need a rail and a light, plus a handheld light. For CCW, a rail mounted light is just more to conceal, but having a rail gives you the choice.

fullrearview
08-18-2012, 9:35 AM

Bingo.;)

ontmark
08-18-2012, 9:48 AM
If you want it in 9mm then get the Made in Germany P226
If you want it in 40S&W or 357SIG the get one in all stainless it will last you a lifetime.

intensefab
08-18-2012, 12:13 PM
I have a MK25, it's a great pistol and will eat anything and ask for more. With that being said, the trigger sucks! Very long reset, not happy about having to spend more money on a SRT trigger setup!