PDA

View Full Version : Why is it

cybordolphin
08-17-2012, 7:56 PM
Why is it SO darn difficult to hunt now in California?

I used to hunt as a younger man..... it was no big deal. You bought your hunting license and bought a deer tag over the counter. Done. Now..... I want to take my son hunting. I find now that they have conviluted the laws SO much it is hard to figure out how to even go about getting a deer tag anymore. I almost gave up after reading all the BS surrounding drawings, lottery type garbage, and differing fees, tag types, etc.. It's a shame. More so..... its a crock. Downright the most rediculous candy arssed system I have ever looked at. Its like they are trying to make it so difficult for the average joe..... so as to discourage hunting anymore.

This new "system" of taking your kid out on his first hunt was either drawn up by a bunch of women or some anti gun nutjobs.

Sorry for the rant.

Divernhunter
08-17-2012, 8:13 PM
Many states have a draw system. That is because there are more "hunters" wanting tags with less game and land for the game to live on. I remember when I could buy an A tag for the coast and a tag that let me hunt anywhere else. I also got a bear tag for $1 and there was no pig tags at all. Then certain areas got over run by people and they started to limit tags. Once you could get 2 of the D6 tags even during the season. Now only one and they are sold out before the season starts. That is with 14,000 tags for just that area. Heck there is not 14,000 deer in D6. More and more of deer wintering grounds are turning into houses and that does not help at all.

Out of state I use to be able to draw a BP deer tag for Elko area of Nevada every year. Then BP got more popular and it was every other year. Then it became harder than getting a reg rifle tag. Bow huntimng tags were a slam-dunk for many years-----not anymore.

The worse thing is you use to be able to go up and set up a camp and leave it to hunt or even to go home for the week and come back with everything ok. Not anymore. Anything left out has a pretty good chance of being taken. They call themselves "sportsmen and hunters"????? It is just a statement of where this country is and where it is headed.

It is called progress???

Mr. Pain
08-17-2012, 8:40 PM
YES its all BS......Its all about the all mighty dollar. A couple yrs ago you could buy pig tags in a book for under $10. Now pig tags are considered a BIG game animal and are $20 something a piece

duckman1
08-17-2012, 10:04 PM
It's not difficult to understand and you can purchase you license over the counter or online with proof of hunter safety.

USMC 82-86
08-18-2012, 1:28 PM
Not really worth the effort in this state. I can't justify all the work for one deer. Most states would like for you to take all the pigs you can, I know the farmers back home wanted you to take every pig you saw. I think the bird hunting is easier from what I have heard. I may give that a try.

dmcmillenfv
08-18-2012, 2:15 PM
The tags themselves are a bit of a hassle.. But really gets me p-off is finding legal hunting areas. I ordered $50 worth of us forestry maps, and some of them were dated 1998. It's my responsibility as a hunter to know I'm in a legal area, but the publications that tell me where I can and can't be are obsolete. Why isn't there cal. Gov website with all the areas broken down by ownership, That is updated every year. Ever hunter I know would pay to have access to that info. But I guess it's just the sad state of affairs are state is in fiscally to afford, even though we would pay for , this info. I guess it's just easier, and maybe more financially benifical to criminalize us.