PDA

View Full Version : CalGuns Sacramento Gun Show Booth -Nov 10 & 11 2012 - ALL SHIFTS FILLED !!

bplvr
08-17-2012, 3:16 PM
Event : Sacramento Gun Show .........................Now adding 'alternates' for both days
Dates : Nov 10th and 11th ,2012
Times: Sat 8-5 / Sun. 9-4
Venue Info: www.CrossroadsGunShows.com...

Sacramento C3 Coordinator : NotEnufgarage

... NO: smoking, children,table dancing in a uni-tard, alcohol, or men in Speedos at the booth.....

==================================================

To be a volunteer at the booth you MUST answer the following 3 questions:

1} Do you have a BLUE CalGuns Polo ?....... YES or NO ?

{ If not, what SIZE do you need, please specify ! } S-6XXL available.

*** The NEW Lady Calgunners shirts are now available . ***

2} Which DAY do you prefer ? ........Saturday or Sunday

3} Which SHIFT do you prefer ? .......AM ...or ...PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please reply to this thread to volunteer. THANKS !

============================================

Event coordinator..........NotEnufgarage

Volunteers : 3-4 per shift / BE AT THE VENDORS ENTRANCE AT THE START OF YOUR SHIFT

Booth veterans = V
Booth noobs ....=N

Saturday- am 8-1 / NotEnufgarage..N-2XL}./.hk91666 {Vallejo Veteran -Y}./.cranemech {N-3XL}./.bloodhawke83 { N-3XL:chef: } SHIFT FILLED !
Saturday- pm 1-5 / NotEnufgarage..N-2XL}./.hk91666 {Vallejo Veteran -Y}./.cranemech { N-3XL}./.bloodhawke83 { N-3XL:chef: }SHIFT FILLED !

Saturdays designated Chef..bloodhawke83 ::chef: Pumpkin Pies......YUM !!

Sunday- am 9-1 /NotEnufgarage.{N-2XL} :chef: /.hammerhands32 { N-2XL }./.bloodhawke83 { N-3XL }/ .JT1989 (N-Med.}./ SHIFT FILLED !
Sunday- pm 1-4 /NotEnufgarage.{N-2XL}./:chef: /............BonnieB{ N-XL-FE./.bloodhawke83 { N-3XL } /.JT1989 (N-Med.}./SHIFT FILLED !

Sundays designated Chef ..Notenufgarage :chef:...BACON Cinnamon Rolls .....WOW!!!

Alternates :
Sat: ...
Sunday : ...sharxbyte AM {N- Lrg }
...............wertperch , ANY { N-XL }

bplvr
08-17-2012, 3:34 PM
The Blue CGN Polos will be sent to the event coordinator and will be available for $20.00, BUT CGN will cover the cost of your show admission. ;)

bloodhawke83
08-24-2012, 2:43 PM
3x shirt, sat all days, sun all day.

I got a rack and I'll bring 3 guns. ar-15, garand, and yugo 24/47.

bplvr
08-26-2012, 10:16 PM
3 people /shift is enough to put this show in the book ! I'll call x-roads on Tuesday and pay for the table . ;):D

bloodhawke83
08-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Can we get enough tables for front and back of us? Reason so not all the guns will be up front and we can put them all on the back table if we have all but one person on break. Can't always gave eyes on the guns if we get too busy.

I have a long cable that's about 8 feet long to lock most of the guns to the table when needed.

Does the gun show provide the zip ties to lock the guns? Last time i went most guns had them but not sure if its required on show guns.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bplvr
08-26-2012, 11:03 PM
This is what the booth will/should look like. ;)

bloodhawke83
08-26-2012, 11:06 PM

Gun rack provided?

bplvr
08-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Gun rack provided?

a blueprint is provided,you build it.

NotEnufGarage
08-27-2012, 2:42 AM
Can we get enough tables for front and back of us? Reason so not all the guns will be up front and we can put them all on the back table if we have all but one person on break. Can't always gave eyes on the guns if we get too busy.

I have a long cable that's about 8 feet long to lock most of the guns to the table when needed.

Does the gun show provide the zip ties to lock the guns? Last time i went most guns had them but not sure if its required on show guns.

If that happens, we'll lock them in a gun case.

I have zip ties and I'm pretty sure they're required.

bplvr
08-27-2012, 1:11 PM
Crossroads supplies ti-ties. Guns are to be tied AFTER each gun is inspected using the buddy system.
Any ammo you buy goes straight to your car . NO exceptions. The gun rack holds 3 guns ,rotate em around
and see which ones garner the most interest. Please note the 'no slings' rule.
And YES, you are responsible for anything you say. There are undercover LEO's at the shows.

I hope that answers some of your questions. ;)

NotEnufGarage
08-27-2012, 4:57 PM
3x shirt, sat all days, sun all day.

I got a rack and I'll bring 3 guns. ar-15, garand, and yugo 24/47.

I'll probably bring a couple AR-15's, 20" 6.8SPC and 20" SS 5.56mm and an AR-10. We can change things up during the day to keep it interesting.

Make sure your guns arrive in locked cases, bullet button installed, empty magazine inserted to be 100% compliant.

BonnieB
08-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Can we have a few handguns and shotguns, please?

Looks like a couple folding chairs might be a good idea too.

Cooler with water and softdrinks?

At other shows I've seen, a small cooler on the table, offering bottled water free to customers generated a LOT of traffic. We'd need to bring in cases of water, ice etc., and be prepared to bring more when we run out.

bloodhawke83
08-28-2012, 1:02 PM
What you talking about? :shifty:

I won't be bringing my handguns, worth more to me then my rifles combined. :43:

I got a cooler, normally keep waters in my truck. I can buy a few extra cases.

NotEnufGarage
08-28-2012, 3:26 PM
We'll have to see what the show organizers say about giving out water.. That might be considered a food concession or at least competition to their food concessions, in which case it might not be allowed. Also, it takes up a lot of space and is a lot of weight that needs to be transported each day.

After a discussion with BPLVR, handguns are out. Too much space, not enough interest and a security problem.

We need someone to bring homemade baked goods for Saturday. I'm going to bring my soon to be famous Bacon Cinnamon Rolls on Sunday.

bloodhawke83
08-28-2012, 3:34 PM
whats the baked goods for?

bplvr
08-28-2012, 3:57 PM
whats the baked goods for?
I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say ..............eating.

hk91666
08-28-2012, 4:05 PM
Baked goods are the vice since no speedos.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

BonnieB
08-28-2012, 8:30 PM
We'll have to see what the show organizers say about giving out water.. That might be considered a food concession or at least competition to their food concessions, in which case it might not be allowed. Also, it takes up a lot of space and is a lot of weight that needs to be transported each day.

After a discussion with BPLVR, handguns are out. Too much space, not enough interest and a security problem.

We need someone to bring homemade baked goods for Saturday. I'm going to bring my soon to be famous Bacon Cinnamon Rolls on Sunday.

I understand about giving out water, I kinda thought the same things, but I've seen it done.

I didn't realize that there is not much interest in handguns in California.

bloodhawke83
08-28-2012, 8:41 PM
I don't think I can make it out of the kitchen with baked goods. :D

bplvr
08-29-2012, 3:21 PM
Here is a training video I found for booth volunteers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY&feature=related

NotEnufGarage
08-30-2012, 7:42 PM
Most definitely a joke...

NotEnufGarage
08-31-2012, 6:16 AM
Oh, so relieved! In that light, it is pretty funny satire...

...but not entirely off base. We will be having a discussion at our "before meeting" about answering questions and dealing with the "public". There are pitfalls and traps to be aware of, and you are responsible for anything you say. Being there in an "official" CGN capacity does not provide any cover.

The purpose of the booth is to promote CGN, sell CGN merchandise and to distribute truthful information. Since none of us at the booth are lawyers, I presume, we will need to be very careful about what we say or we may risk putting ourselves or someone else in legal jeopardy. Giving no information on an issue is preferable to giving bad information. We'll discuss this all in person.

I'm looking forward to a fun couple of days and the start of CGN activities here in the State Capitol. Who knows where this might lead?

NotEnufGarage
08-31-2012, 6:20 AM

Who are the suspects in that picture? Anybody we might know?

SixPointEight
08-31-2012, 7:42 AM
Sign me up Sunday Am, possibly PM depending. Don't have a shirt, I'd need a medium, and I am a booth NOOB

BonnieB
09-01-2012, 1:06 AM
I'm supposed to be on, for both Saturday and Sunday afternoons. I particularly want to do both afternoons.

Can we get an updated roster and schedule?

Eldraque
09-01-2012, 1:16 AM
If I make it to the show ill stop by =)

Can'thavenuthingood
09-01-2012, 5:15 PM
[QUOTE=BonnieB;9243950]I'm supposed to be on, for both Saturday and Sunday afternoons. I particularly want to do both afternoons.

Can we get an updated roster and schedule?[/QUOTE

The first post is the current schedule and roster.
Bplvr keeps it updated, its what I use for ordering and shipping to the shows.

Vick

hk91666
09-01-2012, 9:59 PM
She was on sat and sunday pm shift at least 2 weeks ago.

Can'thavenuthingood
09-02-2012, 2:44 PM
She was on sat and sunday pm shift at least 2 weeks ago.

Maybe moved to open a slot for another new Calgunner?
We do need to get as many new folks as possible involved.

Last Sac show was several years ago, seems to be a tough nut to crack.

Vick

bplvr
09-02-2012, 3:06 PM
Since everyone at this show is a Noob, we need to get Saturday people
who can stay all day,that way we won't be retraining everyone every 4 hours.
Saturdays are always VERY busy.

hk91666
09-02-2012, 3:54 PM
Bplvr I will work all day Saturday to help the noobs. I am a vet Of vallejo.
Vallejo to dixon or sacto about the same. Does anyone know where vendor parking is?

NotEnufGarage
09-02-2012, 5:07 PM
Bplvr I will work all day Saturday to help the noobs. I am a vet Of vallejo.
Vallejo to dixon or sacto about the same. Does anyone know where vendor parking is?

Vendor parking will either be behind the buildings in which case you enter off Ethan, or east of the public parking in which case you enter at the gate east of the main gate. I'll be checking with the show organizers when we get closer to the date.

Thanks for bringing your experience for all us noobs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hk91666
09-02-2012, 7:02 PM
What other women besides me have volunteered? We need to talk with as many women voters as we can. I think a woman at the booth will be more approachable than you big hairy guys ! ;) And I think there's value in the message "Well, I'm a girl too, I shoot, I just joined and this is why".

HK: This was always easier to attract women by having one on our team at the booth.

I can come early on Saturday, get my pass, get trained with the others and go away and see the show until 1 and then start my shift, if it makes it easier for everyone.

HK: I think coming in for your shift will do it is yours and notenufgarages call, he is the coordinator. There is no "training" to speak of. You requested rules of engagement on the vallejo sept 8,9 thread and I posted them. Please look over them.

If we wanted people there all day, why are we bothering with two shifts?

HK: I do not like to do all day it is rough on the back but as a favor to bplvr I will this time. This is why I only coordinated one in valley jo and have helped on 3-4 others.Some people cannot be there all day due to work and family.

I'm willing to do whatever to make this work. But this is this is the fourth and last time I will ask. How can we work together to make this go?

HK: I hope this answers your questions .

See rules of engagement for boothies I got them from another C3 coordinator,

Positions
• Booth Coordinator. Person(s) responsible for organizing the show and expected to work one or more days of the show with the assistance of a co-coordinator. Responsibilities include supervising the various shifts of volunteers and cash donations. After the cash donations have been converted to the form of a check and/or money order, payable to Calguns.net, the funds and post-event report are to be submitted to Calguns.net, Box 3736, Winnetka, CA, 91396. Please send a 2nd copy of the report to Bplvr.

• Volunteers. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your shift to check in with the Booth Coordinator and get your CGN Polo. Individuals are to put on a friendly face and be approachable. Avoid conversing with one another if the general public is present at the booth. Face your audience and avoid having your backs to the public.

1. Please, NO SMOKING, NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOL.
2. Wear the official blue polo – CGN T-shirts are not acceptable.
3. AM volunteers to arrive in advance to help with set up before the show opens to the public. At least 30 -45 minutes
4. PM volunteers to assist with tear down towards the last 30 minutes of the show.
5. Calguns materials are to be displayed on the table; personal items are to be stored below the table or out of sight.
6. ALL guns MUST be inspected and tied, and have a “Not For Sale “ on them. Usually rack has not for sale sign
7. Law enforcement personnel should be treated with respect at all times regardless of the personal views of volunteers. Anyone violating this rule will be asked to leave, sans polo, and your $20.00 will be refunded.

Talking Points
• You are not an attorney and cannot offer legal advice, but you can be open in answering general firearms questions. If someone has a question that you cannot answer, have him ask it on the forum -- that is what the site is for.
• Offer to discuss your experiences and why you enjoy being a member of Calguns.
• Stress that Calguns supports the gun rights of all. Steer clear of discussing topics that may be “inflammatory”.

Booth Kit Items

• Banner and ABS display stand- 8ft x 8ft.
• Rifle rack that holds 3 rifles
• Blue table cloth
• Literature holders
• Flow charts -150 pieces
• Sac PD letters -150 pieces
• Trifolds - 200 pieces
• Business Cards and card holders - 250+
• Gun case tags and decals -100 ea.
• Assorted embroidered patches 50 ea.
• Spare garbage bags
• Cash donation envelopes
• Zip ties
• Pens and notepads

The biggest reason we all do this is to share our sport and mostly have fun talking to folks.

NotEnufGarage
09-03-2012, 5:34 PM
I appreciate everyone who has stepped up to make this go forward. Really, "Thank You" to each and every one of you who has volunteered. This is something I've wanted to see happen since I first signed up on CGN a couple years ago.

We're still more than 60 days from the date of the show. I'm under no delusions that the roster will probably change between now and then. Someone will have something come up that causes them to beg off, and I have no problem with that. I'd like to see a couple alternates sign up, just in case that does happen.

As for some of the minutiae being discussed here, this really isn't the time or place for it. I've already PM'd most of the volunteers to let them know we'll be having a get-together to go over expectations and possible pitfalls. We'll do that a week or two before the show, when the roster is more finalized and we have all the materials together.

If we can all please just wait until then, I'll have more detailed information then and all your questions and concerns will be answered. I want to see this come off smoothly since BPLVR and I have already been talking about future shows in the area I'd like to see us attend.

Lastly, CGN has a formula for how to run a booth that has been successful for years in SF, Vallejo, Costa Mesa, Del Mar and other locations. For now, we're sticking to the formula, because it works. Once we get one or two of these under our belts, we'll see about integrating changes based on suggestions of the volunteers, but it's not the time for that, yet.

HK: I hope this answers your questions .

See rules of engagement for boothies I got them from another C3 coordinator,

Positions
• Booth Coordinator. Person(s) responsible for organizing the show and expected to work one or more days of the show with the assistance of a co-coordinator. Responsibilities include supervising the various shifts of volunteers and cash donations. After the cash donations have been converted to the form of a check and/or money order, payable to Calguns.net, the funds and post-event report are to be submitted to Calguns.net, Box 3736, Winnetka, CA, 91396. Please send a 2nd copy of the report to Bplvr.

• Volunteers. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your shift to check in with the Booth Coordinator and get your CGN Polo. Individuals are to put on a friendly face and be approachable. Avoid conversing with one another if the general public is present at the booth. Face your audience and avoid having your backs to the public.

1. Please, NO SMOKING, NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOL.
2. Wear the official blue polo – CGN T-shirts are not acceptable.
3. AM volunteers to arrive in advance to help with set up before the show opens to the public. At least 30 -45 minutes
4. PM volunteers to assist with tear down towards the last 30 minutes of the show.
5. Calguns materials are to be displayed on the table; personal items are to be stored below the table or out of sight.
6. ALL guns MUST be inspected and tied, and have a “Not For Sale “ on them. Usually rack has not for sale sign
7. Law enforcement personnel should be treated with respect at all times regardless of the personal views of volunteers. Anyone violating this rule will be asked to leave, sans polo, and your $20.00 will be refunded.

Talking Points
• You are not an attorney and cannot offer legal advice, but you can be open in answering general firearms questions. If someone has a question that you cannot answer, have him ask it on the forum -- that is what the site is for.
• Offer to discuss your experiences and why you enjoy being a member of Calguns.
• Stress that Calguns supports the gun rights of all. Steer clear of discussing topics that may be “inflammatory”.

• You are responsible for what you say. Be careful! There can and will be people there who may try to trip you up or who think they know it all and will challenge you. Giving no answer is better than giving a wrong answer. The default answer to any question you don't know should be to refer them to the booth coordinator or refer them to CGN where they can post their question and get the answer from one of the "legal beagles" available there.
• It is also not uncommon for someone to approach you and attempt to lure you into an illegal firearm transaction. Do not get involved in any such activity and if the person persists, contact Law Enforcement. The booth coordinator does not keep bail money on his person.

Booth Kit Items

• Banner and ABS display stand- 8ft x 8ft. - NEG
• Rifle rack that holds 3 rifles - BH
• Blue table cloth - NEG
• Literature holders -NEG

• Flow charts -150 pieces - on order
• Sac PD letters -150 pieces - on order
• Trifolds - 200 pieces - on order
• Business Cards and card holders - 250+ - on order
• Gun case tags and decals -100 ea. - on order
• Assorted embroidered patches 50 ea. - on order

• Spare garbage bags - NEG
• Cash donation envelopes - NEG
• Zip ties - NEG
• Pens and notepads - NEG

The biggest reason we all do this is to share our sport and mostly have fun talking to folks.

sharxbyte
09-04-2012, 9:22 AM
To be a volunteer at the booth you MUST answer the following 3 questions:

1} Do you have a BLUE CalGuns Polo ?....... NO

{ If not, what SIZE do you need, please specify ! } L

2} Which DAY do you prefer ? ........Sunday

3} Which SHIFT do you prefer ? AM (either works)

BonnieB
09-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I will be an alternate for Saturday Afternoon.

wertperch
09-18-2012, 4:09 PM
Newbie, L or XL.

NotEnufGarage
10-10-2012, 12:52 PM
All Volunteers - Please keep Thursday Nov 8th open for a meet and greet.

7 to 8PM - Location to be announced by Nov 1st. I'm thinking somewhere near Arden Fair, as it's centrally located. PM me if you can't make it.

BonnieB
10-11-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm in, that date, time and location tbd. Arden Fair area is good. There's a Starbucks at Howe and Arden that might be good.

And thanks for setting this up, NEG.

bloodhawke83
10-11-2012, 9:54 AM
I could make my pumpkin pie, how many people we have, 8?

hk91666
10-13-2012, 3:00 PM
I could make my pumpkin pie, how many people we have, 8?

At least one

bloodhawke83
11-07-2012, 2:53 PM
Going to finish mashing the pumpkin today and start baking tomorrow, only have 2 crusts. 1 pie per day.

11/5
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/06/a4u4yner.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/06/zynusa6a.jpg

BonnieB
11-07-2012, 3:20 PM
On the 8th, we're meeting at Starbucks and I don't think they'd like it if we brought in food.

However, if you'd like to bring pie to the Gun Show, I'm sure everyone will be hungry....

Tom, you should have the shirts from Vick by Thursday. I have mine already, by direct mail. Maybe the others would like to get theirs in advance on the 8th ?

hk91666
11-07-2012, 3:39 PM
I think that is what they meant by 1 pie per day 11/10 & 11

On the 8th, we're meeting at Starbucks and I don't think they'd like it if we brought in food.

However, if you'd like to bring pie to the Gun Show, I'm sure everyone will be hungry....

Tom, you should have the shirts from Vick by Thursday. I have mine already, by direct mail. Maybe the others would like to get theirs in advance on the 8th ?

bplvr
11-07-2012, 5:39 PM
When I was younger we would buy 8 pumpkins and cut them into 8 sections,
clean the core material and the hull off and cook them down in a pressure cooker,
mash that up and freeze that goop .One goop container /pie.
We would bake a pie a month for a whole year.

If you have never had homemade pumpkin pie ,the pumpkin is gray in color,same as ...........zombie food.

bloodhawke83
11-07-2012, 7:02 PM
When I was younger we would buy 8 pumpkins and cut them into 8 sections,
clean the core material and the hull off and cook them down in a pressure cooker,
mash that up and freeze that goop .One goop container /pie.
We would bake a pie a month for a whole year.

If you have never had homemade pumpkin pie ,the pumpkin is gray in color,same as ...........zombie food.

I canned pumpkin last year, let me see if i got any left. nope, all gone. guess i gotta buy more pumpkin later.

bloodhawke83
11-08-2012, 12:54 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/09/u6udy2yg.jpg

bplvr
11-08-2012, 1:56 PM
:chef:....:notworthy:.....:drool5:

surplus-addict
11-08-2012, 8:44 PM
So, if I drop by, can I buy a piece of pie? :p

bplvr
11-08-2012, 8:56 PM
Sorry,nope.
CGN does not have food vendors license.
The pies can only go to the volunteers.

Want pie ?..... Step up and volunteer at the next show.;)

bloodhawke83
11-08-2012, 10:17 PM
So, if I drop by, can I buy a piece of pie? :p

I can save you a piece, gotta let me know what day and time so i can save it. Out of my truck. :D

PRSTIFJ
11-09-2012, 8:24 AM
Is it worth it to go to this show to look for a complete AR upper, or are the prices the same as local shops?

bloodhawke83
11-09-2012, 8:27 AM
Is it worth it to go to this show to look for a complete AR upper, or are the prices the same as local shops?

I'll let you know Saturday, I'm not sure right now. What brands and setup you looking for?

PRSTIFJ
11-09-2012, 8:52 AM
I'll let you know Saturday, I'm not sure right now. What brands and setup you looking for?

I'm Honestly not sure... just not the standard M4 Style and no quad rails. I like smooth free float hand guards. I really just want to look around til i see something that catches my eye, but if the prices are the same as the local stores then its a waste of time to go look, except maybe for more inventory to choose from.

surplus-addict
11-09-2012, 12:26 PM
I can save you a piece, gotta let me know what day and time so i can save it. Out of my truck. :D

I'm gonna have to pass on that, thank you though.
My money I was gonna use to go to this show is going to have to pay for my trip up to Reno for the Big Reno Gunshow, which now can actually happen.

Life is tough when you're a minor and have almost no money :(

But give my piece of pie to the Alphabet Boys if they show up ;)

GatorHunter
11-09-2012, 1:39 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/09/u6udy2yg.jpg

That's a really good looking pumpkin pie! I prefer sweet potatoe but those are some really good looking pumpkin pies!!!
-gator

NotEnufGarage
11-09-2012, 2:47 PM

Generally, in order to get good deals at gun shows you need to be there right when the doors open and know exactly what you're looking for. Bargains get scooped up pretty quick, either by the public attending the show or by the regular vendors who know what stuff will sell for.

bplvr
11-09-2012, 2:58 PM
Generally, in order to get good deals at gun shows you need to be there right when the doors open and know exactly what you're looking for. Bargains get scooped up pretty quick, either by the public attending the show or by the regular vendors who know what stuff will sell for.

Isn't that another real plus for volunteering at the booth............;)

Vendor to vendor sales are from 8:00-9:00 am

NotEnufGarage
11-09-2012, 6:13 PM
We are checked in, the booth has been identified and we're ready to rock n' roll in the morning.

The CalGuns booth is located in front of the north roll-up door on the east wall (closest to the horse racing track) in the Pavillion. We're right across from a First-Aid booth and next to a safe vendor.

When I walked through tonight I saw lots of rifles, magazines and ammo and not so much in the way of beanie babies and beef jerky.

bplvr
11-09-2012, 6:25 PM
I had demanded a spot close to a door and I guess we got one !!

In the summer I wonder if they will leave it open to get some air.

Yins are gonna have a LOT of fun !

Pictures MAY be taken of our booth and volunteers . {no public}
The best time is at the start of each shift. It helps us to improve the
booth as we add new product.

Remember to check ALL firearms and tie-tie the bolts.
THINK SAFETY. AND do NOT have any ammo that fits any gun at the booth.

Sincerely,
'mother hen' ;)

ps: is that pumpkin pie I smell ?

bloodhawke83
11-09-2012, 6:39 PM
I'm gonna have to pass on that, thank you though.
My money I was gonna use to go to this show is going to have to pay for my trip up to Reno for the Big Reno Gunshow, which now can actually happen.

Life is tough when you're a minor and have almost no money :(

But give my piece of pie to the Alphabet Boys if they show up ;)

That show is bigger and much more of the same. I went with Panda in April. have fun.

PRSTIFJ
11-09-2012, 7:41 PM

Eh, I wont be there that early... Im not really looking for deals. I'm looking for selection. I need a complete upper and the local shops don't have much of a selection lately. I'm willing to pay normal prices for exactly what I want. If I cant find complete exactly what i want, I hope to find all the parts i need to build my own.

NotEnufGarage
11-10-2012, 5:38 AM
I had demanded a spot close to a door and I guess we got one !!

In the summer I wonder if they will leave it open to get some air.

Yins are gonna have a LOT of fun !

Pictures MAY be taken of our booth and volunteers . {no public}
The best time is at the start of each shift. It helps us to improve the
booth as we add new product.

Remember to check ALL firearms and tie-tie the bolts.
THINK SAFETY. AND do NOT have any ammo that fits any gun at the booth.

Sincerely,
'mother hen' ;)

ps: is that pumpkin pie I smell ?

Thanks.. It was in the low 50's with a light breeze as I was setting up the table and banner.

Here's hoping we sell a lot of stuff and bring in a lot of new members.

Lazyme
11-10-2012, 6:00 AM
What to do today...what to do...

bloodhawke83
11-10-2012, 8:55 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/11/hanaqe2u.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/11/7ugaryra.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/11/y6agu4ub.jpg

NotEnufGarage
11-10-2012, 9:06 AM
What to do today...what to do...

The Calguns booth is open for business

Lazyme
11-10-2012, 2:26 PM
Looks great!!

htuong95
11-10-2012, 5:39 PM
:)

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4938/calguns.jpg

hk91666
11-11-2012, 5:47 AM
Booth on Saturday was a blast,spoke to a ton of people and the chef bloodhawke83 out did himself. Pie was mmm good.

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad1/hk91666/2012-11-10_12-05-25_726.jpg

Rider1k
11-11-2012, 8:57 AM
mmmmm.......... That pie looks yummy

NotEnufGarage
11-11-2012, 9:25 AM
The Sunday crew is on duty.

NotEnufGarage
11-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Bacon cinnamon rolls. Yum!!

chowsta
11-11-2012, 11:03 AM
i walked the entire building and i did not find see the booth.

bplvr
11-11-2012, 11:07 AM

Look at the pic on post # 71

cranemech
11-11-2012, 12:38 PM

If my sense of direction is correct, we are on the east outside wall of the building, sandwiched between Visalia safes and a custom earplug vendor.

I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people that I talked to yesterday that had either heard of Calguns or lurked on the site as a visitor, I would estimate 5 - 10 %.

I had a good time yesterday, met some fellow CG'ers. I will make myself available to volunteer for another gun show booth. I figured it was past time to get up off the couch and volunteer.

NotEnufGarage
11-11-2012, 1:49 PM
Not as busy as yesterday, but steady traffic. No Sammiches, though.

hammerhands32
11-11-2012, 3:03 PM
I had a great time and had a chance to meet some great people. I will definitely be volunteering for the next one. Thanks to everyone who stopped by.

NotEnufGarage
11-11-2012, 5:45 PM
I officially declare our first Sacramento Gun Show booth a success!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and said Hi. Thanks especially to those who bought something or donated.

Extra special thanks to Frank (hk91666), Joseph (bloodhawke83), Chad (cranemech), Josh (JT1989), Pat (hammerhands32) and Bonnie (BonnieB) for helping to staff, set up, tear down and carry in and out the booth.

I'm looking forward to doing this again!

Lazyme
11-11-2012, 7:39 PM
Everything looked great today! I'll definitely be helping on the next one!

hk91666
11-11-2012, 8:48 PM
And you sir for coordinating it.

I officially declare our first Sacramento Gun Show booth a success!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and said Hi. Thanks especially to those who bought something or donated.

Extra special thanks to Frank (hk91666), Joseph (bloodhawke83), Chad (cranemech), Josh (JT1989), Pat (hammerhands32) and Bonnie (BonnieB) for helping to staff, set up, tear down and carry in and out the booth.

I'm looking forward to doing this again!

3RDGEARGRNDRR
11-11-2012, 9:13 PM
GOOD SEEING YOU GUYS THERE TODAY, I THINK WE NEED SOME WOODLAND CAMO HATS, I WOULD HAVE PURCHASED ONE OF THOSE

Can'thavenuthingood
11-11-2012, 11:02 PM
GOOD SEEING YOU GUYS THERE TODAY, I THINK WE NEED SOME WOODLAND CAMO HATS, I WOULD HAVE PURCHASED ONE OF THOSE

Darn, I forgot to send the RealTree hats (http://gunsr4.us/html/hats_caps.html) I have.
http://gunsr4.us/assets/images/capblackb1.jpg

Vick

SixPointEight
11-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Request for moar beanies. I would have bought a grey one if there had been one at the end of the show. So..next time :)

Lazyme
11-12-2012, 5:42 AM
Vick,
The beanies are a big hit now that the cold is here.

PRSTIFJ
11-12-2012, 7:31 AM
Hey guys there was a booth there that was operated by a local guy in Sac. He gave me a card, but I lost it. From the main entrance you went right and he was on the end of the second to the last row. had a TON of AR uppers. Does anyone have contact information for him?

THanks,

Can'thavenuthingood
11-12-2012, 7:51 AM
Request for moar beanies. I would have bought a grey one if there had been one at the end of the show. So..next time :)

I'll order up some moar:D

Lazyme, any colors in particular or stay with the blue, black and gray?

Vick

Lazyme
11-12-2012, 11:30 AM
They love em all.

bloodhawke83
11-13-2012, 9:18 AM
We should have our own calguns rifle bags, easier to spot members. :D

I guess I caught a minor cold from someone at the show, been fighting it this morning.

Can'thavenuthingood
11-13-2012, 3:13 PM
We should have our own calguns rifle bags, easier to spot members. :D

You mean like this?

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/images/products/display/131002.1.jpg
Sniper Shooters Mat

- Opens: 64" Long x 36 1/2" Wide
- Hide away carrying handle and drag loops
- Hide away and detachable back pack straps
- 1/2" foam padding on each panel
- Flap over zipper as a protective cover.
- Heavy webbing across the front for modular attachments
- Import

Two detachable pouch panels for utilities:
1. one zippered pocket, and 10 elastic ammo loops
2. two layers zippered pockets, top layer with clear vinyl

Size : 51" H x 13" W x 2" D (folded) Color : O.D., Black, Coyote Tan, ACU

I have this Condor (http://www.condoroutdoor.com/131snipershootersmat.aspx) for $99.95 +tax and shipping. Probably about $10 to have CALGUNS.NET embroidered on it.

Of course if you are any good at needle point you could embroider it yourself. Or maybe just use a logo patch with velcro.

Vick

cranemech
11-13-2012, 4:46 PM
I guess I caught a minor cold from someone at the show, been fighting it this morning.

Sorry to hear that. :(

It must have been Sunday that you picked up the bug, I feel fine. :D

bplvr
11-13-2012, 6:40 PM
Medical Advice--- 5 Cents

As a "undocumented doctor " my professional opinion is :

A } Stay in bed with a friend.
B } Drink a suitable amount of alcohol.
C } Get lots of exercise.

Nothing will cure your cold ,but you WILL look forward to your next one.

ps : you might call Ashley, she likes guns.