PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Display Case

djbooya
08-17-2012, 1:23 PM
Does anyone know of anywhere in the SF Bay Area that has rifle display cases? I prefer a wall mount, but a standing case is fine. Looking for capacity to hold 8-10 if standing, 2 if wall mounted (would purchase multiple). I see some online, but want to look at some close up to see quality before plunking down cash.

I'd make these myself if things I built with wood didn't fall apart..

Thanks

troutbum54
08-18-2012, 9:38 PM
I don't think they are a big seller anymore with most everyone wanting a safe. However I do see them pretty frequently advertised on my local Craigslist for sale section. In fact there is a bunch of them listed right now in the SFBay section. Good luck.

djbooya
08-18-2012, 9:59 PM
Thanks.. I'm mainly looking to create a museum like display for my WWII C&R collection.

tdaughg
08-19-2012, 11:21 AM
tap plastics can make you acrylic ones but they are typically 1 per case. they could be made a little bigger and get 2 in there but i wouldnt go more than that unless you want to use really thick material which gets really expensive fast.

better way is to make the backing of the case out of wood and then wrap it in felt or something nice then get an acrylic case to cover the whole thing. any kind of hanger will work for the guns since its going to attach to the wood backing.

typically you get the wood back made up, wrapped, gun hangers, ect... all done first then bring that in to the shop and get the case made to match. make sure the wood is 1/2"+ thick so there is a good amount of meat for screws to bite into. the cases attach to the wood with screws that come in from the side of it.

keep in mind the single gun display case is somewhat specific to the san rafael store. the fabricator has a real specific design that he has used for a long time and works really well. if you took the drawings to another one of the stores they could make it but they wont know what your talking about if you just walk in off the street looking for it.

the cases arent going to be cheap but if your interested hit me up. i work at the san rafael store.

Travis H.