PDA

View Full Version : Gun Related Stickers on Cars

1000stars
08-17-2012, 9:43 AM
This is a spin-off of sign on front yard protected by 2nd amendment.

When I see gun related stickers on cars, I think there may be a gun inside or trunk.

Doesn't that send the same message to thieves who break into car?

whipkiller
08-17-2012, 9:53 AM
Yes, that's (one of the reasons) why there are no gun-related stickers on my car.

TheYellowDart
08-17-2012, 9:53 AM
Agreed. While I see the importance of showing advocacy of gun rights, I would do it more discretely, i.e. letter to public officials, rather than a bumper sticker.

I'd imagine that for a felon with malicious intent, a stolen firearm would be worth it's weight in gold.

troysland
08-17-2012, 9:55 AM
I proudly display my NRA sticker. My father had his work truck stolen. After it was recovered, he asked for an extra sticker for him to display. He's not an NRA member yet, but thought it may be a way to deter others. Kind of like, "Don't mess with me, I am the NRA" type of a statement.

littlejake
08-17-2012, 9:58 AM
It also invites a LEO to do an "e" check. The only signs on my vehicle are are warnings that you are being video and audio recorded.

23 Blast
08-17-2012, 9:58 AM
Again - low profile is best. Agreed that supporting our 2A rights is important - it's why I'm an NRA Life Member, but there isn't a sticker on any of my cars, nor signs in front of my house advertising any of that.

Pawl
08-17-2012, 9:59 AM
Hmmm..
I do have a gun related sticker on my car.
They may think that I have a gun inside.
They may Break into my car.
But when they do, they will definitely get shot.. just kidding.. :43:

Psykoasn
08-17-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't display any firearms related stickers on my car for that reason, I'm afraid someone will try to break in or steal my car looking for a gun, I'm also afraid it would also draw unwanted attention from the police

23 Blast
08-17-2012, 10:02 AM
It's also not just that cops may mess with you or criminals break into your car looking for guns - they may just tail you home to your house and learn your schedule.

zman
08-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Hmmm..
I do have a gun related sticker on my car.
They may think that I have a gun inside.
They may Break into my car.
But when they do, they will definitely get shot.. just kidding.. :43:

BINGO! :chris:

dfletcher
08-17-2012, 10:08 AM
It also invites a LEO to do an "e" check. The only signs on my vehicle are are warnings that you are being video and audio recorded.

Interesting. I'm wondering - have you had occasion to interact with LE and what was their reaction, if any, to the signage?

Rule .308
08-17-2012, 10:14 AM
I prefer to run a plain brown wrapper myself. Fly low and avoid the radar.

Pawl
08-17-2012, 10:14 AM
BINGO! :chris:

LOL. the only gunrelated sticker I have on my car is a Calguns sticker :p

23 Blast
08-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Well - I've seen plenty of those signs that say "Keep honking, I'm reloading!" Personally I think those signs are fairly innocuous and not necessarily an advertisement of gun ownership - I imagine that some non-gun owners buy those stickers in lieu of those "BACK OFF!" stickers aimed at aggressive tailgaters.

justjeff
08-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Only stickers I have are: base decals on the front and Larue Tactical "God Bless our troops especially out snipers" on the back window.

I save my stickers for my laptop

Yugo
08-17-2012, 10:31 AM
I have stickers in fact one of which says "BARE ARMS" with the "R" pictured as a gun and also NRA and others and LEOS have been behind me numerous times and have givin me a smiling nod as they pass me, I know one day a rookie will pull me over but I dont really care. As far as theft my gun is always on me so they wont find one when they break in.

HK Chef
08-17-2012, 10:35 AM
I have a few on my truck a will be adding my calguns one next. I could seriously care less what the cops think about my stickers. But then again I have no reason to care. Never been pulled over and I have a spotless record. I guess I could understand the point about criminals breaking in though.

Ventura_Yak'r
08-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Not to be super paranoid... :hide: Okay, maybe a little... stickers on the car also advertise whats in the house...

The Virus
08-17-2012, 10:48 AM
NO.

onegtalon
08-17-2012, 10:48 AM
No gun stickers on the car at all for those reasons other's posted above... including what's in my house!

The tool box get's em all or I give them away to my other shooting buddies.

ExtremeX
08-17-2012, 10:54 AM
I put all my gun stickers on anti-gun cars...

ok i lie... I keep it clean

dem0critus
08-17-2012, 10:54 AM
I don't put any stickers on my car lol..

Range Rat
08-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Interesting. I'm wondering - have you had occasion to interact with LE and what was their reaction, if any, to the signage?

Recently during a traffic stop I was asked if there were any firearms in my car. I responded with, what does that have to do with the reason you pulled me over to say they were not exactly pleased with that answer would be an understatement. Afterwards both officers admitted seperately it was because of the NRA sticker om the back of my car. They said there were alot of gun nuts out there and just wanted to be sure.

kengotit
08-17-2012, 10:59 AM
I have a "NorCal" sticker..

Keeping it as low profile as possible, loading up my gear inside my garage with the garage door closed when I hit the range,

MisplacedTexan
08-17-2012, 11:01 AM
When I was a teenager & into my early 20's, I got pulled over for speeding quite often. I had a big *** Eagle Scout sticker on my back window. I can't count the # of times an officer inquired about it - and very few tickets were issued. My point is, most officers are going to look at an NRA sticker and figure to themselves (I presume), hey, if they are letting me know that they support the NRA (and can pass background checks, and stuff to have a gun), then they probably aren't gang-bangers or someone I need to worry about in pulling over.

Now the rest of the populace? That's another story......

ScottB
08-17-2012, 11:21 AM
I never run gun or even hunting related stickers on my vehicles. Actually, I don't have any stickers period, but especially not those. They are also an invitation to be hassled crossing the border.

Speaking as someone who has actually had guns stolen out my car, I can tell you that its a massive PITA when you get guns stolen particularly out of a car as the evidence trail is thinner and less durable. In addition, figure on the following:

1) either by design, ignorance or indifference, there is a good chance the police report will be screwed up, the information wrong and entered in the database weeks later if at all. The report on my two rifles had all the information mixed up and only the one recently purchased was even entered in the database. Fortunately the serial number was correct, but it didn't match the description.

2) the odds of ever recovering your stolen firearms are miniscule (got this from an ATF agent)

3) I got really lucky and mine were recovered in a bust of apparently a known buyer of stolen weapons. The ATF agent was a tenacious enough to look past the descriptive errors and call me anyway based on the serial #. I had to describe the rifle correctly and send my copy of the paperwork. I asked about my other rifle and he knew nothing about it. I sent about a dozen pictures including of the serial # (it was an old M70 acquired C&R). Turns out he had it too Lucky me!

Bad news is that it has been over 16 months and will likely be close to two years until I get them back -I hope! ATF agent says the DA will not release them until final adjuducation of the bad guy. I don't doubt he telling me the thruth, but this is complete crap. They seized 40 firearms and holding two old hunting rifles this long is BS. Justice delayed is justice denied and I am the victim here.

My point is, don't take any chances with getting weapons stolen if you ever want to see them again - or while you're still young enough to use them anyway. Gun stickers on cars are an unnecessary advertisement and invitation.

CK_32
08-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Again no need to advertise.. I think they look cool seeing a browning sticker on a truck if they are hunters but like above I always assume the guy is armed or their is a gun near by..

Rather not increase that risk of an idiot looking to come up on a rifle or follow my car to my home to look for more.

fpeel
08-17-2012, 11:54 AM
No stickers on my cars for the reasons already stated.

Also don't want some passive aggressive damaging my property because they don't agree with my beliefs.

t0kie
08-17-2012, 12:18 PM
No stickers for me, better being discreet.

polo.45
08-17-2012, 12:43 PM
I have I LOVE GUNS AND COFFE sticker.. Everyone like's it even cops ...even when I wear my pro gun shirts... Cool people.... Ukiah is the best :D

ChaneRZ
08-17-2012, 1:19 PM
I really wanted to put my NRA sticker but I will just keep it on the low side.

5shot
08-17-2012, 1:34 PM
I have a few on my truck a will be adding my calguns one next. I could seriously care less what the cops think about my stickers. But then again I have no reason to care. Never been pulled over and I have a spotless record. I guess I could understand the point about criminals breaking in though.

Good attitude. I've had a NRA sticker on my cars since I started driving in 1969, and never had a problem.
Spent 32 years in law enforcement, and never met a cop that thought a gun related sticker was any reason for concern. Criminals don't advertise the fact that they are carrying guns, or maintain memberships in the NRA, CRPA, etc.
My experience has been that criminals are more inclined to key on expensive cars, jewelry, clothes, etc. as someone to follow home. And if you park your vehicle in areas frequented by hunters and shooters, your just as likely to have it broken into whether you have gun/hunting stickers or not.

desertjosh
08-17-2012, 1:47 PM
Im going to put a calguns sticker on one of my trucks next week when it arrives. The other truck has my NRA sticker on it. Where i work and live i dont worry about people damaging my property. When we need to go out, we take the stickerless suv lol!

Oceanbob
08-17-2012, 2:25 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/1zb3yat.jpg

ElDub1950
08-17-2012, 2:50 PM
It's also not just that cops may mess with you or criminals break into your car looking for guns - they may just tail you home to your house and learn your schedule.

That's the best reason, and most people never think about it.

Crackheads might try to break into your car, but the pros would prefer to follow you home, monitor your schedule, then walk in while they know you will be away for 8 hours, and clean your out .. knowing that they have at least a 95% chance of getting away with some guns.

CSACANNONEER
08-17-2012, 3:00 PM
No one has ever questioned or commented on the "50BMG" sticker on my truck. Maybe people think I put it there because I shot one once or would like to shoot one. I'm not one to hide what I do or what I believe in because "someone might get offended" or "my TFH is on so tight that I think I'll be the next victim". So, I do have a few firearms related and Civil War related stickers on some of my vehicles. However, I do try to keep it a little low key. I have yet to put one of my "I <3 Explosives" or "Any problem can be solved with the right amount of explosives" stickers on my vehicles. It just would be harder to explain the role of fuse flopping around on my back seat if I was stopped and questioned. That reminds me, I really should get that fuse out of my car.

As far as being followed home goes, I don't have to worry about that. Anyone dumb enough to try to follow me home won't make it within 3 miles of my home without sticking out like a sore thumb and being caught on multiple game cameras and web cameras along the long, gated dirt road.

Arson
08-17-2012, 3:04 PM
From an Officers safety report from Whittier P.D.

On 01/19/2011, three members of Mob Piru Crips, out of Compton, California, were arrested for a residential burglary that occurred in the city of Whittier. The burglary was interrupted by the victim, an off duty LAPD officer. The suspect had already ransacked two out of the three bedrooms and had placed the victim’s 38 revolver and ammunition in a pillowcase. One of the suspects admitted to following law enforcement officers home. When asked how they identified officers, he stated they look for stickers that indicate any type of law enforcement affiliations on personally owned vehicles. He also indicated that they look for “KMA” license plate frames. The suspect stated that they target law enforcement officers homes because they know they will find guns.
In this particular case, the suspect did not admit to following the victim to his residence.

mkane
08-17-2012, 3:45 PM
I could seriously care less what the cops think about my stickers. But then again I have no reason to care. Never been pulled over and I have a spotless record. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A-J
08-17-2012, 3:50 PM
There are plenty of reasons not to have them on your vehicle, but to each his own. I have a POW/MIA decal. Everything else faded and got removed.

It also invites a LEO to do an "e" check.

Bit of a stretch, isn't it?

jyo
08-17-2012, 3:53 PM
My wife and I drive plain white cars---no stickies of any type---keep a low profile...

GunDog
08-17-2012, 3:53 PM
I prefer to run a plain brown wrapper myself. Fly low and avoid the radar.

Good advice.

GunDog
08-17-2012, 3:56 PM
No stickers for me, better being discreet.

More good advice.

NorCalXJ
08-17-2012, 3:59 PM
I'm the only person who runs a gun sticker on my car i guess ? lol

oppe4021
08-17-2012, 4:01 PM
A lot of reasons above (theives mainly) is why I choose not to put 2A stickers on my car. Not worth the risk.

MisterSean
08-17-2012, 4:18 PM
Low pro is the best way to be!

Josh.Ollar
08-17-2012, 4:24 PM
HEY COME STEAL MY **** hahaha i thought the same when i see car stereo stickers like KICKER or PIONEER acrossed the windows

deadcoyote
08-17-2012, 4:31 PM
I was once a prison guard, and yes convicts openly advised me about not putting gun related stickers on truck as it's an invite to have car burglarized.

CK_32
08-17-2012, 4:36 PM
Here another way to out it.. Like in the car scene.. The racing stickers people put on their cars like on race/show cars guys just call them shopping lists..

Just shows the bad guys what is inside the car for him to take.

masayako
08-17-2012, 5:03 PM
Yes, that's (one of the reasons) why there are no gun-related stickers on my car.

scglock
08-17-2012, 5:13 PM
having gun stickers is advertising to everyone in the world you have a gun and inviting your car and/or house to be robbed.

Gringo Bandito
08-17-2012, 5:22 PM
It would be cool to have a bunch of gun stickers on my SUV but I would not do it for a few reasons. I don't want people at work knowing about my hobby and I frequently travel throughout the bay area with my sales reps. We're often in nasty parts of Oakland and Richmond and I don't want to draw any more attention than I already do.

Oceanbob
08-17-2012, 5:23 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/5foi08.jpg

spetsnaz
08-17-2012, 5:36 PM
Ya i do not like to publicize my gun hobby to people that i do not know

XDRoX
08-17-2012, 6:07 PM
Lots of paranoid guys on this forum, but that's expected I guess. I won't pass judgement. Certainly can't hurt to be cautious.

But personally I don't give a sh$&. I have an old truck with a Glock sticker on the back. And I work at a high school. Most the cars have Obama stickers on them :D

If anything I think it's a deterant for burglars while sitting in front of my house. Why would someone want to break into a house that could possibly have armed owners when they could walk on by to the next house which probably doesn't.

I do have nice safes and a state of the art security system, so I'm not that worried about a burglary.

And about breaking into my car, I usually leave my windows down. That's one of the best deterants out there. Nobody expects anything to be worth while to be left in a car with the windows down :D

skyscraper
08-17-2012, 6:20 PM
I don't like people knowing I own firearms then following me home. So no. The stickers go on my safe

skyscraper
08-17-2012, 6:22 PM
If anything I think it's a deterant for burglars while sitting in front of my house. Why would someone want to break into a house that could possibly have armed owners when they could walk on by to the next house which probably doesn't.

Have you ever heard of burglars that wait until you leave to rob your place. Happens every day.

CK_32
08-17-2012, 6:37 PM

We might seem paranoid but your difinintely living in fantacy with that thinking.

Youve got a sticker.. This guy had an actual gun thinking the gun will do wyouryoutube think your stickers going to do.. It didn't work so well lol

zx_YUO4SzcY

But hey if that helps you sleep at night to for it. More power to ya. Just not my cup o tea.

jayhuh
08-17-2012, 7:32 PM
I've heard all of the reasons pro and con. Whatever floats yer boat is fine with me. I tend to stay under the radar. That includes all kinds of stickers on my cars.

I was behind a guy in a truck the other week who had an Hk receiver hitch cover. I recall thinking at the time that your average Joe/Jane Citizen (1) probably were too wraped up in their own lives to even see the thing and (2) probably wouldn't know what Hk meant if Vanna White gave them the entire alphabet. That goes for car burglars too.

sjg1966
08-17-2012, 8:15 PM
Funny I found this thread now.....

My neighbor told me yesterday he saw some ****bags trying to break into my Xterra the day before. This made me really think what if they had. I HAD a Bushmaster Firearms sticker on my rear windshield and my registration/insurance info all have my address on them.

Well once I calmed down and gave it some thought, the sticker is gone now and the registration/insurance cards are now in my wallet, leaving nothing with my name or any info about me sitting in the Xterra. They can take it for all I care, rather know that my weapons are safe at home....

Thought I'd share this....

Steve

1911Luvr
08-17-2012, 8:29 PM
My old truck has only a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu sticker on it, but there's nothing on my new one. I need one of those GONE stickers... lol

jkody
08-17-2012, 8:30 PM
I keep a low profile with no stickers on my car. I'm thinking about getting an obama sticker so people will think I'm poor and on welfare!

LAKings22
08-17-2012, 8:32 PM
Less attention the better.

XDRoX
08-17-2012, 8:39 PM
Have you ever heard of burglars that wait until you leave to rob your place. Happens every day.

State of the art security system. I installed it myself. And more than one quality safe.

No way in hell anyone is going to try to get into my safes while an alarm is going off you can hear 2 miles away :D

And oh ya, if you're not home it's not called robbing, it's called burglary.

sprig
08-17-2012, 8:47 PM
What about armed forces stickers? Think LEO's or peeps care much about them?

Kempfer
08-17-2012, 8:48 PM

When I see gun related stickers on cars, I think there may be a gun inside or trunk.

And cops that pull you over...

Excelsior
08-17-2012, 8:53 PM
I proudly display my NRA sticker. My father had his work truck stolen. After it was recovered, he asked for an extra sticker for him to display. He's not an NRA member yet, but thought it may be a way to deter others. Kind of like, "Don't mess with me, I am the NRA" type of a statement.

Are you serious?

Squidward
08-17-2012, 9:18 PM
Do nothing that draws attention to yourself.. from anyone.

skyscraper
08-17-2012, 9:48 PM
State of the art security system. I installed it myself. And more than one quality safe.

No way in hell anyone is going to try to get into my safes while an alarm is going off you can hear 2 miles away :D

And oh ya, if you're not home it's not called robbing, it's called burglary.
Nope it's robbing. And good luck with that.

shotcaller6
08-17-2012, 9:58 PM
Have guns, will travel, but I like to do it very discreetly.

HK Chef
08-18-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm the only person who runs a gun sticker on my car i guess ? lol

We're you driving by knotts berry farm last week? I think I seen that jeep driving there

HK Chef
08-18-2012, 12:49 AM
I've heard all of the reasons pro and con. Whatever floats yer boat is fine with me. I tend to stay under the radar. That includes all kinds of stickers on my cars.

I was behind a guy in a truck the other week who had an Hk receiver hitch cover. I recall thinking at the time that your average Joe/Jane Citizen (1) probably were too wraped up in their own lives to even see the thing and (2) probably wouldn't know what Hk meant if Vanna White gave them the entire alphabet. That goes for car burglars too.

Ha might have been my hitch cover. Someone stole that when I moved back to Cali.

TYCONTEST
08-18-2012, 1:13 AM
May have to re-think about having stickers on my truck.

CK_32
08-18-2012, 7:51 AM
What about armed forces stickers? Think LEO's or peeps care much about them?

That's apples to oranges.. That just shows they serve/served.. I know about 60% of active military don't even own firearms.. They have no interest in it its just a job to them now.. And even then 80% of those are for support of armed forces or retired showing support for their country. About 70% of America..

Gun stickers.. Pretty much just gun nutts as you can see even most of us gun nuts don't want them so stickers equal super gun but who probably has a firearm 90% of the time lol

I'm just saying if I was in the need to come up on a gun and saw 2 mini vans in front of 2 houses and one had a gun sticker.. Chances are Id probably go with one over the other.. But he'll they are neighbors so I'd probably hit up next door too.. He probably has some and goes shooting wih him just no sticker.. So honestly that guy screwed both houses cause of his sticker if I was desperate to rob someone of a firearm.

And the mini van with a sticker probably has better guns anyways due to him showing off he has guns so he probably has cooler guns to brag to his neighbors about.

XDRoX
08-18-2012, 9:02 AM

Buy a dictionary. There's a difference between robbing and burglary.

Do you have a security system? If I didn't have a security system I would take more precautions like you. But home burglary is not something I have to worry about. Also if you'd like advice or help on installing your own top of the line security system just PM me. This offer goes out to any forum members.

It's way easier than most realize to install a security system. The sky's the limit.

Aces and 8s
08-18-2012, 9:13 AM
I have a magpul sticker. But its just the M, no writing. Most people don't even know what it is.

pHredd9mm
08-18-2012, 9:29 AM
This thread shows how much FEAR the "anti's" have put into the firearms owners groups in Kalifornia. I disagree very much with most of you. I very proudly display NRA stickers, pro 2A stickers and even wear my NRA trainers ball cap around town, including on college campuses, around police stations and even courtrooms (judge did ask me to take it off and I did).

One of the reasons most people fear guns is that most people think they don't know any responsible gun owners. By advertising the fact, I have had people ask me intelligent questions and even a few wanted to take lessons or just go shooting. Even people and families from my church, and college student friends of my daughter.

To win the 2A back will not only take court cases (and I am not holding my breath waiting on that), but also education. Bumper stickers and window stickers are part of that education process.

Ross
08-18-2012, 9:30 AM
I have the following:

To piss off the homosexuals it's: "Support Civil Unions, It's Their Only Right"

To piss off the church it's the COEXIST sticker with the religious symbols.

To piss off the democrats it's: "Biden? Really? And You Still Think Palin is Dumb?"

To piss off the republicans it's: "Four More Obama" (Oh dear Lord how that hurt even in jest!!)

To piss off gun owners it's "The Brady Bill, Support it, Love it And Live"

To piss off the Brady Bunch it's: "Guns Don't Kill People, Jackasses Taking my Gun From Me Will Get Me Killed"

I'm still looking for more.

BigDogatPlay
08-18-2012, 9:37 AM
Spent 32 years in law enforcement, and never met a cop that thought a gun related sticker was any reason for concern. Criminals don't advertise the fact that they are carrying guns, or maintain memberships in the NRA, CRPA, etc.

^^^This^^^ has been my experience as well.

I fly an NRA life member sticker, CRPA, and a small sticker from the club I belong to. No issues yet. And I don't much care what any hoplophobic anti-gunner around where I live thinks about it. I've been seeing more and more NRA stickers, as well as pro-hunting and pro-conservation (think DU) popping up on cars locally. It's another sign to me that we're winning.

A sticker is not a pretext to an (e) check. LEOs on an enforcement contact may, depending on the overall tone and conditions of the contact, ask about weapons anyway and do. I often did but having a sticker in the back window of the car wasn't why I did.

CK_32
08-18-2012, 9:48 AM
Just because you have a sticker and havent been harassed or come up on doesn't mean your not getting looks or negative attention from anti gun or people who don't have good intentions..

We're not stating having a sticker is an automatic break in we're just saying its just extra attention most wouldn't want. You want it go for it doubt you'll be facing a break in at all but if someone is casing the neighborhood you know as much as you won't admit it for argument sake he now knows your a gun owner and if he wants something your house is a slightly better looking target.

Having a sticker and saying well I havnt been robbed is like saying well I have a Ferrari and it hasn't been stolen yet.. Yea maybe not today but when someone wants a car to joy ride in for the night I'm dam sure if he saw your car in the driveway he won't be going for the station wagon down the street.

Even with a gun sticker on it ;)

mls343
08-18-2012, 9:52 AM
Stealth is my preferred mode.

zod
08-18-2012, 9:59 AM
I keep it discrete. Don't advertise.

AJAX22
08-18-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm in the process of painting MOLON LABE across the trunk of the battlewaggon in white on black truck bedliner .... 8 inch tall letters.

I'm not a beleiver in 1/2 measures

If I want to be low key ill drive the 57 plymouth (no stickers, no signs)

pheyos
08-18-2012, 10:27 AM
I'd be worried about other motorists more than what law enforcement might think. If I were in an accident or argument with another motorist they might see a sticker and decided to invent new details when they call the police. Guess it's always a good idea to be the first one with a call in.

y3kspoo
08-18-2012, 4:59 PM
I sued to have a CRPOA stickee over my VIN years ago, that is the only one I ever put on a car. It did work, and no tickets while I had that car...

jessegpresley
08-18-2012, 5:00 PM
This guy loves his Kimber.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/saintelvis/KimberKar1.jpg

OldShooter32
08-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Mine just has "I love explosives" bumper sticker...and has never been tampered with.

Oh, and PLEASE... Follow me home...the sign at the entrance to my road reads "If you can read this, you're in range." and you are...

90runner
08-18-2012, 10:40 PM
So i have a gun sticker on my truck, So someone breaks into my truck and finds what? a 22 year old cracked brown dash board and empty water bottles? They are going to follow me home? watch my house and learn my schedule, a schedule that changes every single day. This isn't hollywood. are they going to dress up like the cable repair man and knock on the door. Are we in the italian job? To each their own.

Fireguy
08-19-2012, 2:00 AM
Do you really think your super security system is going to prevent a break in? I think the average response time for a PD is 23 minutes. And that was in good financial times. Many PD's have stopped responding to ringing alarms, state of the art or not. They may not get your guns this time but there will be a next time.
So they didnt get your guns, how about TV's computers and other valuibles.If they stole good stuff the !st time just think of all the new goodies you will have.
Oh yeah they will know where the guns are the next time and come prepared.

sjg1966
08-19-2012, 2:18 AM

In a nutshell:

Burgarly is entering with the intent to commit any felony or theft. CA Penal Code 459

Robbery is taking personal property by fear or force from a person. CA Penal Code 211

Google is your friend try using it instead of telling us things we already know better than you....

Steve

Ibefuz
08-19-2012, 6:16 AM
I have a magpul and beretta logo on my car, I've only been asked twice about what the beretta logo was.

Once was a woman at the gas station, she thought it was an archery logo for the local college, till I explained what it was and she laughed and said "sucks to be the folks who don't know what that that picture is and road rage agaisnt you" she was pretty supportive of me owning a gun.

The other was at a 711, this high school couple ask me what the beretta sticker was so I explained, and the guy says to me "awesome bro you own a gun! So you are a supporter of the 2nd amendment" I reply of "course I am" he then says " that's really cool of you, I wanna get one too" his girl was like "super cool man"

So far only positive stuff for me

oldsmoboat
08-19-2012, 6:21 AM
These

Merc1138
08-19-2012, 6:37 AM
I just realized another reason why I wouldn't want to put any stickers on my car, besides people following you home and burglarizing the place when I'm not there.

People taking random pictures and posting them on the internet.

den888
08-19-2012, 7:47 AM
I don't place stickers at all on my cars.

Kokopelli
08-19-2012, 8:24 AM
No gun related stickers or signs here. I do not want to reveal my tactical advantage.

Sheperd80
08-19-2012, 9:11 AM

Yeah i feel the same. My girlfriend always wants to put signs and stickers on the house and cars and i dont let her. I know too many people who have been robbed and never saw their guns again, so i try to keep a low profile about it.

SacTown
08-19-2012, 11:29 AM
No gun stickers for me. Don't want to advertise for criminals to follow me home.

TripleThreat
08-19-2012, 11:43 AM
No stickers, of any kind, on my car, ever.

I think stickers cheapen the look of any car.

ParanoidCivilian
08-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Not to be super paranoid... :hide: Okay, maybe a little... stickers on the car also advertise whats in the house...

If you are even a little paranoid, you will know when someone is following you. Then you must lose the tail before you even think about going home.

polo.45
08-19-2012, 12:15 PM
I live in the country I have no problem... If I live in the city yeahh I keep it low profile.... :D

epilepticninja
08-19-2012, 12:40 PM
From an Officers safety report from Whittier P.D.

One of the suspects admitted to following law enforcement officers home. When asked how they identified officers, he stated they look for stickers that indicate any type of law enforcement affiliations on personally owned vehicles. He also indicated that they look for “KMA” license plate frames. The suspect stated that they target law enforcement officers homes because they know they will find guns.
In this particular case, the suspect did not admit to following the victim to his residence.

It's called get a f'ing safe. You break into my house, you better bring a safe cracker with you and a crane, cause you aren't going anywhere with my shizz. And I do have a magpul sticker on my truck. It is only their symbol, no wording. Those in the gun culture know what it means. Those that aren't, oh well. They probably think it's some type of jacked up peace symbol.

M. Crane
08-19-2012, 2:13 PM
I just realized another reason why I wouldn't want to put any stickers on my car, besides people following you home and burglarizing the place when I'm not there.

People taking random pictures and posting them on the internet.

Exactly.

hdvss
08-19-2012, 2:18 PM
Stickers say "hey look at me"... sooner or later, the wrong people look at you.

Jungleboxx
08-19-2012, 2:26 PM
I don't and won't ever put any stickers or anything on the paint for that matter, but have been contemplating a AR-15 bolt decal on the back window. I'd assume your average criminal won't recognize this as it almost looks like a gear or some sort of car upgrade decal. Any thoughts?