PDA

View Full Version : Shooting STI Eagle 5.1

Rand B. Wilson
08-16-2012, 4:42 PM
So I went to the range today with my LEO buddy for the first time. I'm still a novice and struggling to hit the target with my 92FS.. He's bragging about his STI Eagle 5.1, and i ask "what makes this worth any more than my Beretta?" .. his answer: "shoot it" ..
WOW - I fired that .45 way more accuratly than my little 9mm, consistantly, every time.. I really didnt think the gun made that much difference.. I might have to go shopping now :rolleyes:

FWIW, he fired consistant 1 inch groupings at about 15 and 20 yards with his Eagle, his Glock and my 92FS, effortlessly.

kenbo776
08-16-2012, 6:20 PM
Not suprised the STI shot that well, since it is a match grade pistol. And most guns nowdays are more accurate than those shooting them. But glad to see at least one of our LEO takes the extra personal time to practice shooting and is probably better shot than 99.9 % of LEO out there.

hkdad
08-17-2012, 7:40 AM
Try shooting a full custom SV Infinity!!!

:whistling:

RugerNo1
08-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Try shooting a full custom SV Infinity!!!

:whistling:

I advise against this. It is the most expensive mistake you will ever make! ;)

hkdad
08-17-2012, 1:11 PM
I advise against this. It is the most expensive mistake you will ever make! ;)

LMAO! So true!

viet4lifeOC
08-17-2012, 1:23 PM
So I went to the range today with my LEO buddy for the first time. I'm still a novice and struggling to hit the target with my 92FS.. He's bragging about his STI Eagle 5.1, and i ask "what makes this worth any more than my Beretta?" .. his answer: "shoot it" ..
WOW - I fired that .45 way more accuratly than my little 9mm, consistantly, every time.. I really didnt think the gun made that much difference.. I might have to go shopping now :rolleyes:

FWIW, he fired consistant 1 inch groupings at about 15 and 20 yards with his Eagle, his Glock and my 92FS, effortlessly.

Which points to the obvious...it's the shooter. BUT never let this silly logic get in the way of buying more guns.