PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else waiting for an XD .45?

SpectreZ91
08-16-2012, 1:08 PM
June 1st I put a deposit on a XD .45 Tactical. They didn't have one in stock and said it should only be a couple weeks. I've slowly been putting a few dollars here and there at it so it wouldn't be a lot when they finally get it in. Well now it's been 2 1/2 months and there's still no sign on when they'll get one.

It seems a lot of guns are out of stock nowadays. Is there something I'm missing?

I know it's frustrating when the gun is in jail for the 10 day cooling off period but man it's frustrating when you're waiting just to wait for something else..

/rant off.

Drabnor
08-16-2012, 1:13 PM
I jailed one Monday, pick it up next Friday, but it was in stock. Wife wanted to wait but I didn't want to gamble on not being able to find one. Guess it was a good thing!

SpectreZ91
08-16-2012, 2:01 PM
Jealous... I've been looking at a few different local dealers and no one has one. =(

Sunday
08-16-2012, 5:51 PM
Election time gouge.

Gryff
08-16-2012, 8:03 PM
You'll enjoy the gun when you get it. I have an XD45 Tactical for home defense and light competition use. Love shooting that gun!

m98
08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
My kid brother just picked up his xdm45 3.8 yesterday. While u wait, start looking for blasting ammo and stock up. Dont forget to look for sd ammo too. And holsters and xtra mags.

Old4eyes
08-17-2012, 5:52 PM
You are battling two issues:

1. As was pointed out by "Sunday" people are rushing to buy guns prior to the election, so the demand starts outstripping the supply.

2. You are selecting a model that probably is probably not the biggest seller in the SA inventory and thus is probably produced in fewer numbers. Maybe the folks in California prefer the Service model.

When I was hunting around several years ago, I got my first XD45 Tactical. And just as I do with all my purchases, I get the OK nod from my wife. I really liked the Tactical. A few years later I finally saw another XD45 Tactical in the shop. Ran home, grabbed my proof of residence, my HSC and as I ran out of the house I yelled out - I am buying another XD - no discussion. It was a good thing I acted quickly, I believe the owner of the shop was thinking about keeping it for himself.

m98
08-17-2012, 6:07 PM
Xd45/xdm45's dont have very long shelf lifes bcuz of high demand. Gen4 glocks are the same way.

Rorge Retson
08-17-2012, 8:14 PM
Been shooting my XD-45 Service for about 2 weeks now. Love it. :thumbsup:

dmcmillenfv
08-17-2012, 8:40 PM
I picked up mine right when they came out in 2001 I believe.. Love it to death!!! Zero malfunctions of any kind, feeds anything! It's my 2nd favorite handgun behind my kimber.

SpectreZ91
08-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Stupid high demand and low supply.. I found out I'm 3rd on the list to get them when/if they come in. I think the advice of getting ammo now so I have it when I get my XD is a good idea..

I'm going to try putting some money away after I get the XD and go for the S&W .500 revolver. That thing is just stupid fun to shoot. lol. Hopefully the demand for those don't go up when I can afford it. =)

BamBam-31
08-21-2012, 11:08 PM
If you're having to put money aside to buy these toys, and these toys are shooting rather pricey rounds, then it would be a good idea to look into reloading.

dreweezy
08-21-2012, 11:20 PM
patience is key. i bought mine this year in march and it took me 3 almost 4 months to get it. i was upset, but at the end it was worth the wait. hang in there.. go buy a shotgun while you're waiting...thats what i did.

June 1st I put a deposit on a XD .45 Tactical. They didn't have one in stock and said it should only be a couple weeks. I've slowly been putting a few dollars here and there at it so it wouldn't be a lot when they finally get it in. Well now it's been 2 1/2 months and there's still no sign on when they'll get one.

It seems a lot of guns are out of stock nowadays. Is there something I'm missing?

I know it's frustrating when the gun is in jail for the 10 day cooling off period but man it's frustrating when you're waiting just to wait for something else..

/rant off.

Gryff
08-22-2012, 9:32 AM
There's one out of Sacramento in the CGN marketplace right. He's asking $500, which is reasonable:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=610807

SpectreZ91
08-24-2012, 8:56 PM
If you're having to put money aside to buy these toys, and these toys are shooting rather pricey rounds, then it would be a good idea to look into reloading.

Not really having trouble putting money away for it.. Just other priorities.. Like upgrading my goalie gear.. =) (Nice sig pic btw) :D I do want to get in on reloading in the future just don't shoot enough right now. (Which hopefully that changes in the future)

There's one out of Sacramento in the CGN marketplace right. He's asking $500, which is reasonable:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=610807

I just saw this 2 days later and he had it sold about 10 hours after you posted it.. They go quick.. Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for mine. =)

Side note.. Last night I picked up a box for .45 rounds so I'd have some when I eventually get it. Needless to say now my 9mm ammo looks all tiny like .22 rounds. lol

Rorge Retson
08-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Side note.. Last night I picked up a box for .45 rounds so I'd have some when I eventually get it. Needless to say now my 9mm ammo looks all tiny like .22 rounds. lol

Hahaha....I know that feeling.

It's really cute when you shoot both, and the 9mm brass casings end up lost inside the .45ACP casings.... :laugh:

Synergy
08-24-2012, 10:54 PM
My 45s are in the 1911 platform!

My XD is a 9... :rofl2:

CenterMass90068
08-25-2012, 7:09 AM
Got my XD45 Compact about a year and a half ago and love it. You'll be glad you waited...

Gryff
08-25-2012, 9:39 AM
Just to twist the knife a little...my XD45 Tactical is one of the softest shooting .45 pistols I've ever used. Be patient. You'll love the gun when you get it.

SpectreZ91
08-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Well my impatience got the better of me today.. I found a local store here in Riverside call Warrior One who has one on the shelf. So I put a deposit down on it. Now I get to go to Turners to get my money back from them.. (I already called and they don't have it so I don't get charged any fees for a refund) Unfortunately I'll end up spending 50 or 60 more on it but who knows when Turners will get one in.

So as soon as they credit my bank I can go pay off the .45 at W1 and then wait another 10 days. :mad:

:43:

zfields
08-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Congrats, now invest in some reloading gear to feed that sucker.

Rorge Retson
08-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Just to twist the knife a little...my XD45 Tactical is one of the softest shooting .45 pistols I've ever used. Be patient. You'll love the gun when you get it.

The first XD .45ACP I shot was a Tactical, but I ended up getting a service. The 5" did in fact shoot much more softly.

I think I'm going to have to get a 5" in order to conduct a proper longitudinal study of both weapons.

:D

SpectreZ91
08-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Turner's refund was deposited today.. I'm about to head down to Warrior one to jail that bad boy and wait for only 10 more days.

:43: