PDA

View Full Version : Privacy from UPS and Fed Ex

hermosabeach
08-16-2012, 11:20 AM
A friend placed an ammo order and the UPS driver commented to him while unloading the truck how heavy the boxes were.

They laughed about the ammo and my friend said he would buy once every few years in buld to save money

The driver said that there are others who order way more than he did and he hates it as the building has no elevator so he has to walk it up several flights of stairs

My friend laughed and then called me... He said that the UPS driver ratted me and my neighbor out.

With my old job, I could have Ammo delivered to work. This worked great as I was not home when deliveries were made

Now i come home and all my ammo is stacked outside of the front door
My building has some security and I am glad that he ignores the Adult Signature required issue and leaves it for me.

I am a bit challenged how to handle the drivers memory for the heavy shipments and Ammoman does not repackage the cases so you know the contents

So... Should I sweat this drivers memory and mouth???

How do you handle heavy deliveries????

Zartan
08-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Just enjoy the ammo

CGT80
08-16-2012, 1:52 PM
Are you paranoid? It isn't illegal to buy ammo, yet. I would be more worried if he didn't notice heavy shipments and the labels on the boxes. I remembered many details from the locations that I serviced for work. I worked construction/property management services, so it is a little different, but we all notice certain aspects of our jobs.

I doubt the UPS guys knowledge of what you ordered will be a problem. It sounds like innocent small talk with a related delivery. He probably wouldn't mention it to customers with more average deliveries. You are just another of his many customers and not the only one to order ammo. I could understand that you might not want others to know what you ordered. In that case it sounds like a the packaging from the sales company is the problem.

You have to decide how paranoid or careful you want to be. I wouldn't be too worried about the contents, but more of the possibility of having an expensive package stolen. Could you have UPS or Fedex hold the package at their facility next time, then just pick it up yourself. Or, ship it to a friend or family member. Maybe you could use a postal shipping place. My friend uses a UPS store for his physical address for both personal and business use. People don't know where he lives and there is always someone to watch over his packages.

4DSJW
08-16-2012, 5:37 PM
If I see the driver I usually tell them that I buy for a bunch of people to save some money and only keep about 5-10% of what's delivered. Who knows if they believe me.

What about your mail delivery? Do you get shooting magazines or catalogs? Do you worry that they know all about ALL your interests?

paul0660
08-16-2012, 5:43 PM
How do you handle heavy deliveries????

http://www.openobject.org/bits/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/men-in-black-neuralizer.jpg

I get mine on ebay.

SilverTauron
08-16-2012, 5:46 PM
Delivery workers are not stupid. Should a shipping label on a weighty package say "AMMOLAND USA" , it does not require expert deduction to figure out what the contents are.

berg
08-16-2012, 6:08 PM
You can always request that UPS hold your shipment for pick up at their service center. I believe you can even do it from their tracking web page.

paul0660
08-16-2012, 6:11 PM
You can always request that UPS hold your shipment for pick up at their service center. I believe you can even do it from their tracking web page.

I only do that for my bulk dildo and blow up doll deliveries.

Which, btw, can be marked up quite a bit.

baih777
08-16-2012, 6:17 PM
You can call UPS customer service and ask them the weight limit per package. I think the driver is required to deliver any package up to 70 lbs each.

jben
08-16-2012, 7:44 PM
If you want it delivered it doesn't matter how camouflaged it is. The box will still be labeled ORM-D. Kind of hard to hide that.

Bangzoom
08-16-2012, 8:36 PM

GROUP BUY!!!!!

guns4life
08-16-2012, 8:42 PM

/thread

You had to open the door, didn't you? Haha

zum
08-16-2012, 8:48 PM
as a fellow delivery driver I say tough ****!

I remember a lot of certain aspects of your deliveries

like penis enlargement pills, sex toys/DVDs, and yes AMMO

:D

havegonetooz
08-16-2012, 10:07 PM
He knows what residence not to mess with now.

4Defense
08-16-2012, 10:15 PM
LOL.

It weights like a ton.
ORM-D stickers all over the box.
Sender is from Naked Bubba Reloadings

I wonder what would give it away as ammos? lol

as a fellow delivery driver I say tough ****!

I remember a lot of certain aspects of your deliveries

like penis enlargement pills, sex toys/DVDs, and yes AMMO

:D

cannon
08-16-2012, 10:22 PM
A couple of years ago my driver dropped off two wood cases of 1200 rounds of Yugo ammo.

His comment? "These guys must be having a sale. I've delivering these crates to everybody around here."

Lots of people buy bulk ammo (because it's cheaper.) I doubt your driver cares.

Eljay
08-17-2012, 10:34 AM
They also know who buys a lot of electronics and other stuff that's probably more worth stealing (more value for the weight) and is unlikely to be in a safe or hidden. Also every postal employee up and down the chain knows you probably have guns because you're getting catalogs from midway, cabelas, etc. etc.