View Full Version : Transfer question

08-16-2012, 8:25 AM
My buddy's dad passed away a couple years ago (lived in New Hampshire) there are 2-5 long guns and 2-3 pistols that my friend's mother wants to give him.
What route does he need to take to get these firearms into his name and legally into California? Long guns are shotguns and bolt rifles.
Thanks in advance.

08-16-2012, 8:59 AM
He needs to have them sent to a CA FFL and dros them over and pay the transfer fee that the FFL determines.

This is because this is an interstate transfer.

He needs to make sure the FFL knows they are gifts, and not purchases. Don't want the FFL charging sales tax on gifts.

If his father had willed the firearms to him, it would be as simple as his mother sending him the guns, no FFL required, but it would have had to be listed in the will.

08-16-2012, 7:49 PM
Thanks for the answer!