PDA

View Full Version : will a 50mm sun shade fit on this scope?

defcon
08-16-2012, 7:43 AM
Tactical 3-9X50 aoe red&green mil-dot

it doesnt mention the brand and i cant tell if there's threads on it to screw on the sun shade

http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-mil-dot-illuminated-hunting-airsoft/dp/B007VWQ8JM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=788IODRTFCGY&coliid=I89VNZKSNG4NA

http://z2-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B007VWQ8JM.01-A2ROETNUHHJTQ0._SX500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V147646960_.jpg

BSlacker
08-19-2012, 5:55 AM
Wouldn't a sun shade double the cost of the scope? I would not worry about a no name scope and sun. Do you know that the location where you will be shooting you will want a sun shade? A shade is good for bench shooting where you can predict the sun position and spend some time in that position. If hunting it might help on some shots but how many shots would one take in that location. If the scope does the job in general it will work shade or not.
To answer the question though. Not likely to fit. :)

Merc1138
08-19-2012, 6:02 AM
Ignoring the umm..."quality" of that scope, there are a couple problems with fitting random sun shades.

1. Just because the scope has a 50mm objective lens, doesn't mean that the shade needs to be 50mm. The inside diameter of the bell on that scope is not necessarily the same as the inside diameter of another.

2. Even if the bell of that scope is threaded for a sun shade(and it doesn't appear to be), it doesn't mean any sun shade will work(assuming you got one that's the correct diameter) since the threading itself could be different.

CSACANNONEER
08-19-2012, 7:08 AM
You'ld be better off duct taping a papertowel roll to the top of your gun than wasting money one that one. Then, if you still want a sunshade, you could just duct tape another paper towel roll in front of the first one.

defcon
08-22-2012, 7:33 AM
i ordered 3 before you guys commented. heh

they arrived over the weekend while i was out shooting in vegas.

theyre Bushnell's. they look awesome. im thinking of buying 3 more

is Bushnell good?

defcon
08-22-2012, 7:36 AM
Wouldn't a sun shade double the cost of the scope? I would not worry about a no name scope and sun. Do you know that the location where you will be shooting you will want a sun shade? A shade is good for bench shooting where you can predict the sun position and spend some time in that position. If hunting it might help on some shots but how many shots would one take in that location. If the scope does the job in general it will work shade or not.
To answer the question though. Not likely to fit. :)

i found some for $10. another for $40. im just doing paper targets. not hunting and no competition.

im more of a form over function guy. just want to make my guns look bad ***. ya know mall ninja stuff.

i tried one of my other 50mm shade and it didnt fit.

defcon
08-22-2012, 7:36 AM
You'ld be better off duct taping a papertowel roll to the top of your gun than wasting money one that one. Then, if you still want a sunshade, you could just duct tape another paper towel roll in front of the first one.

hahaha good one :D ;)

defcon
08-22-2012, 7:38 AM
Ignoring the umm..."quality" of that scope, there are a couple problems with fitting random sun shades.

1. Just because the scope has a 50mm objective lens, doesn't mean that the shade needs to be 50mm. The inside diameter of the bell on that scope is not necessarily the same as the inside diameter of another.

2. Even if the bell of that scope is threaded for a sun shade(and it doesn't appear to be), it doesn't mean any sun shade will work(assuming you got one that's the correct diameter) since the threading itself could be different.

there's threading on the scope. the inner diameter of my other 50mm shade was too small to fit this one.

i really want that look so ill risk buying one or two and doing test fits. would be nice if i can go to a shop and test fit by hand.