PDA

View Full Version : I Have a Couple Questions.

Gun_Owner_901
08-15-2012, 3:25 PM
I can't really make out some of the Prohibiting Categories on the DOJ website to own a firearm here in California, Will a Misdemeanor of PC 12020 (A) (1) Poss/Sale of Nunchaku prevent me from owning a firearm in California.

Also my 2nd Question is, What do you guys think about the RIA 1911, is it a good buy for the price, it will be my first 1911 and I basically just want to start out simple and maybe later upgrade to something nicer.

morrcarr67
08-15-2012, 4:01 PM
The RIA is a great gun for the price.

If you don't know if you can own or buy a gun fill out this form and let the state tell you.

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/pfecapp.pdf?

Gun_Owner_901
08-15-2012, 4:16 PM
Ok thanks, I have another question, I have never failed a DROS before but I haven't bought a firearm in over 2 years now but if I were to go into my local dealer and attempt to buy a firearm and the DROS were to fail, what happens then, do I my money back, or do the police get involved at that point, can I be arrested for failing a DROS. thanks again for helping me out here.

Rorge Retson
08-15-2012, 5:02 PM
Ok thanks, I have another question, I have never failed a DROS before but I haven't bought a firearm in over 2 years now but if I were to go into my local dealer and attempt to buy a firearm and the DROS were to fail, what happens then, do I my money back, or do the police get involved at that point, can I be arrested for failing a DROS. thanks again for helping me out here.

Actually, we've traced your IP address....just stay there, we'll be right over... ;)

chillincody
08-15-2012, 5:13 PM

I dont think you can be arrested if your deneid cus you havent broke any laws and if you fail dros you will get your money back minus dros fees and maybe a restocking fee of 10-20% or more depends on the store

so I would just fill out the form providded in the link and spend 19$ instead of 59 + $ being denied at the dros

also the RIA 1911 is good for the price :D

Gun_Owner_901
08-15-2012, 5:24 PM
lol Thanks a Bunch guys, You've been very helpful, feel free to lock or close this thread.