PDA

View Full Version : Gun falls from man's pocket in movie theater and shoots him in the butt

DrMoebius
08-15-2012, 4:06 PM
I know quite few people here don't like the mandatory ant-drop safeties in California, but there seems to be a need for them with some idiots.

Man accidentally shoots self in buttocks when gun falls out of pocket at Nevada movie theatre (http://news.yahoo.com/man-accidentally-shoots-self-buttocks-gun-falls-pocket-082826134.html)

By The Associated Press | Associated Press Ė 9 hrs ago

SPARKS, Nev. - Police say a man accidentally shot himself in the buttocks at a Nevada movie theatre during a showing of "The Bourne Legacy."

Police in Sparks, Nev., say the 56-year-old man's injuries are not life-threatening and no others were hurt.

Authorities say the man had a permit to carry a concealed firearm. The man told officers the gun fell from his pocket Tuesday night as he was adjusting himself in the seat and that it discharged when it dropped to the floor.

Authorities say the case will be sent to the city attorney for possible charges.

The incident comes less than a month after a shooting at a suburban Denver theatre that left 12 dead and 58 injured.

finyllw
08-15-2012, 4:09 PM
Dumbass

or should that be Numbass

or maybe we should call him an Azzholed

safewaysecurity
08-15-2012, 4:09 PM
We don't know if it was because he dropped the gun. Remember that the media SUCKS at reporting the facts. I bet he was messing around with rhetoric fun and pickled the trigger and shot gimswld and then dropped the gun.

wjc
08-15-2012, 4:10 PM
A holster might have been helpful...

scglock
08-15-2012, 4:13 PM
Good thing he shot himself instead of someone else

Oceanbob
08-15-2012, 4:17 PM
Most guns do not go 'off' if dropped. I'll bet his finger was on the trigger.

Regardless, these Tards hurt our concealed carry acceptance with the general public.

DrMoebius
08-15-2012, 4:17 PM
Man drops gun in movie theater, shooting self in buttocks (http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/15/13296949-man-drops-gun-in-movie-theater-shooting-self-in-buttocks?lite)Witnesses inside the theater told officers the gun fell from the manís pocket as he was adjusting himself in the seat, and it fired when it dropped to the floor, striking him in the buttocks.

The 56-year-old man then reportedly stood up, apologized to those around him and left the theater before police arrived. He checked himself into a nearby VA hospital in Reno, where he was treated for a gunshot wound to his buttocks, according to a police report. His injury is not considered to be life-threatening.

Police say there was no panic in the theater and that only five people reported hearing the gunshot out of the approximately 30 people in the audience. No one else on the scene was injured. Well, at least he was polite about the whole thing....

ChaneRZ
08-15-2012, 4:18 PM
Dupe Police

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=608531

DrMoebius
08-15-2012, 4:57 PM
Dupe Police Sorry 'bout that, I've never read that particular forum.

Trakker
08-15-2012, 7:52 PM
No gun is impervious from an accidental discharge. We had a local Leo drop his gun hitting the head. Almost hit his artery in the leg.

Quiet
08-15-2012, 8:29 PM
From another forum...

Just now got off the phone with Sgt. Dyer of Sparks PD.
The gun in question was a Walther PPK. You know those. Safety was not on at the time.
Gun was in a front pocket, no holster. Guy shifted in his seat, gun slipped between the seat and the armrest, fell, landed on the hammer, gun fired.

Oceanbob
08-15-2012, 8:57 PM
From another forum...

Ok...good information. I can see that being the answer.

Thanks.

CK_32
08-15-2012, 9:30 PM
I feel like always there is probably another part to this story were missing.. Sounds to simple and easy.. It's never that simple.

CK_32
08-15-2012, 9:36 PM
I bet that was by far the most realistic movies he's seen.. Probably had him on the seat of his pants lol :D

Shapes And Colors
08-16-2012, 2:10 AM
What a pain in the ***.

Himar
08-16-2012, 4:56 AM
That movie must be really good to cause someone to discharge in their pants.:innocent:

RCJeeper
08-16-2012, 5:23 AM
Tell me if this is correct, Walther PPK chambered and cocked but not locked?

If I understand that correctly, seems unsafe.

redcliff
08-16-2012, 5:34 AM
Tell me if this is correct, Walther PPK chambered and cocked but not locked?

If I understand that correctly, seems unsafe.

More likely chamberred, uncocked and unlocked. I don't own a Walther PPK any longer, sold mine many years ago, but as I recall they had a rebounding hammer that is supposed to help prevent this situation of a blow to the hammer setting off a round in the chamber.

The current S&W manual actually says carry them with the safety on/hammer down if loaded. Many people carry them safety off/hammer down but use holsters to prevent them from falling on the floor. They're actually a bit big and heavy for front pocket carry imho and theres a number of other pistols I would carry first there like a Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, etc.

Personally I never pocket carry anything without a pocket holster except revolvers in deep coat pockets that have transfer bar ignition or rebound hammers, or s.a. NAA mini revolvers with the hammer down between chambers.

The Original Godfather
08-16-2012, 4:39 PM
HOLY ****! :TFH: Bourne Legacy is out in theaters already?!?!