PDA

View Full Version : Unincorporated

Ctwo
08-15-2012, 1:27 PM
I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere, and it may not be answerable in general, but

Are there any tangible pros or cons with renting in unincorporated county property that is tightly nestled within city limits?

I'm not sure if city firearm ordinances could still apply since being within city limits, and if so, which competing ordinances could possibly prevail?

I'm also considering the police presence, since the city police do not patrol the unincorporated areas, but the sheriff does. Does this make it more or less safe, or completely dependent on the specific area?

Are there any other (even non-gun related) generalities about living in unincorporated areas?

unusedusername
08-15-2012, 1:43 PM
I'm not sure if city firearm ordinances could still apply since being within city limits, and if so, which competing ordinances could possibly prevail?

Unincorporated means you are not within a city limits...

Sailormilan2
08-15-2012, 6:29 PM
I live in a County "Island" inside the city limits. That means it is an "Unincorporated" area and county rules apply. City cops from time to time drive through, but it is a county patrol area.
Though I did have to tell a City Building inspector he was out of his area a few months ago. The people whose home he was inspecting thought they were in the city, so asked the city to inspect their construction. Ooops.:rolleyes:

Rand B. Wilson
08-15-2012, 6:35 PM
No street lights usually
Possibly no fire hydrants
No city cops - if you are in LA County you get the totally badass Sheriffs..but, you might have to wait 30 min for them to get there.

My first house was in "unincorporated area of San Bernardino county" .. under the power lines.. :shrug:

Fjold
08-15-2012, 6:40 PM
It depends entirely on the area, I live in the county outside of city limits and we have streetlights, sidewalks, fire hydrants, etc. We are patrolled by the Sheriff and served by the County FD.