PDA

View Full Version : Counterfeit FSC556 WARNING

SacMacNut
08-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Found this because I am a victim not from LCG AR PARTS but from one of THEIR fakes floating around. To add to the matter it's pinned and welded to my precious bcm light weight barrel. I didn't know until after it was done btw. I emailed pws about my concern regarding the logo not being there and they confirm it was a fake. I feel so angry.

I don't understand people selling counterfeits i mean your selling something that can potentially cause harm or damage to the consumer and it is illegal. Not cool.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3295812&gonew=1#UNREAD

offrdmania
08-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Link doesnt work

Merc1138
08-15-2012, 11:09 AM
link works for me.

SacMacNut
08-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Google "counterfeit fsc556"

biglou
08-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Tell us who is selling fakes.

Merc1138
08-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Tell us who is selling fakes.

Click the link and read the currently available info?

RuggedJay
08-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Of its made if metal and cut the same way it probably functions just as good as the real thing. If they sold it for half price or less it woukd be totally worth it. It would also maybe bring the price of the original down.

SacMacNut
08-15-2012, 11:37 AM
@biglou i cant disclose the seller because he too didn't know it was a fake and offer me a full refund.

MXRider
08-15-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm curious how a PWS distributor got knock off products in the first place.

Of its made if metal and cut the same way it probably functions just as good as the real thing. If they sold it for half price or less it woukd be totally worth it. It would also maybe bring the price of the original down.

Doubt it considering how much pot metal knock off parts are out there. I wouldn't want one on my rifle.

illusionistpro
08-15-2012, 12:02 PM

"Making a copy, and then passing it off as the original, even down to the logo and packaging is down right fraud."

Although there may not be patent protection on this accessory, it would be prudent to understand the more this happens the less money armorers and gun smiths make. The less they make, the less they stay in business and the less business means fewer guns, accessories, parts for you.

Its a short term value to you, but long term loss to the industry.

SacMacNut
08-15-2012, 1:53 PM
Just be careful out there. Get a second opinion or buy directly from a reliable source.

Synergy
08-15-2012, 2:34 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/mdmccall/PWSmuzzledevice.jpg

Merc1138
08-15-2012, 2:36 PM
"Making a copy, and then passing it off as the original, even down to the logo and packaging is down right fraud."

Although there may not be patent protection on this accessory, it would be prudent to understand the more this happens the less money armorers and gun smiths make. The less they make, the less they stay in business and the less business means fewer guns, accessories, parts for you.

Its a short term value to you, but long term loss to the industry.

Not to mention the time and money the producers of the real product have to spend dealing with people who have issues with the fake but don't understand that it's fake. Plus potential safety issues if the same materials aren't used(someone made a comment about it being made out of metal... not all metal is the same) if something were to fail.

RangerJoe
08-15-2012, 3:18 PM
Tons of counterfeit stuff being sold at Crossroads gun shows, especially Magpul.

Spiggy
08-15-2012, 3:45 PM

not true. Machining process, attention to fabrication, and quality of material are extremely crucial for the function and longevity of the product. You can not injection mold a knockoff and say it will be the same.

Counterfeiting sucks and hurts everyone in the industry, especially the end user.

Diabolus
08-15-2012, 3:50 PM
That sucks OP. I'd have to get that removed from my rifle and an authentic FSC pinned back on.

morfeeis
08-15-2012, 3:58 PM
Tons of counterfeit stuff being sold at Crossroads gun shows, especially Magpul.
ebay is overflowing with magpul knockoffs.

Gryff
08-15-2012, 4:29 PM
I don't understand people selling counterfeits i mean your selling something that can potentially cause harm or damage to the consumer and it is illegal. Not cool.

Like the Chinese care. Remember that this is country that thought it would worth a chuckle to use poison as a filler in baby food.

SacMacNut
08-15-2012, 4:55 PM
That sucks OP. I'd have to get that removed from my rifle and an authentic FSC pinned back on.

Yep that's the plan for now going to order it straight from pws website and have it redone. Hopefully things will go right the second time around. Bleh! Smdh

Synergy
08-15-2012, 9:42 PM
Yep that's the plan for now going to order it straight from pws website and have it redone. Hopefully things will go right the second time around. Bleh! Smdh

Dude it is a comp, it just disperses the gasses. If it is an exact copy, just leave it on and run it! I hope you didn't pay PWS price for a knockoff.

Bhobbs
08-16-2012, 9:40 AM

Yeah because letting someone else spend money, time and effort to develop a product then making a cheaper, lower quality knock off is totally cool.

:facepalm:

Decoligny
08-16-2012, 9:48 AM

If someone advertises a Rolex for $50.00, and you pay the $50.00 they are required to send you the Rolex.
If you paid for a Rolex and got sent a Timex, it functions exactly the same as the Rolex. It tells time exactly the same.
However, you were legally defrauded by the seller. You did not get what you paid for. This is illegal.

Now if they showed a watch that looked "like" a Rolex, never said it was a Rolex, and you paid $50.00 and are ticked off because it isn't a Rolex, then you are out of luck.

It all boils down to what exactly was the product advertised to be.

In this case it is downright fraud.

Did the vendor use the U.S. Mail perchance to deliver the product? If so, contact the Post Office and they will put the Postal Inspector on the case. Mail Fraud is a major criminal charge on the Federal level.

m98
08-17-2012, 1:08 AM
One of my Noob buddy(who doesnt own any firearms but only plays mw/cod and airsoft) thinks eotechs are garbage bcuz in his "experience" they dont work at all and he has seen it failed? I asked where he saw it and he said while he was playin airsoft someones eotech broke and stopped working. I laughed so hard and slapped him with the STUPID SIGN. I told him the crap he saw wasnt the real deal but just the cheapazz china clones. Man, some people are just really stoopid about firearms n stuff.