PDA

View Full Version : SB 249 has been pulled from the Assembly Appropriations -NOT DEAD, keep calling

gunprofit
08-15-2012, 10:48 AM
I stopped in here to get the detail about SB249 being pulled but don't see anything.

offrdmania
08-15-2012, 11:04 AM
It has been pulled but dont stop fighting it because they can put it back up for a vote at anytime

RuggedJay
08-15-2012, 11:28 AM
KEEP FIGHTING!!!

TrailerparkTrash
08-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Read this! Good news.............. for now:

http://www.gunownersca.com/news/news-current/item/2434-sb-249-dead

KEEP CALLING, AND FLOOD THEIR EMAILS IN SACRAMENTO! I BELIEVE THAT IT'S NOT TRUELY OVER, JUST DELAYED..............

freonr22
08-15-2012, 11:43 AM
maybe the title can be changed to add, "at this moment, possible to reinstate" or something

gunprofit
08-15-2012, 11:45 AM
I stopped in Calguns to get an update because I always thought of this place as the "go to" place for up to date info. I sure didn't stop in for a "don't stop fighting" speech. I don't need pep talks, never did, never will. Am self motivated thank you very much!

gunprofit
08-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Well, there you go, it's the Gun Owners of California (GOA) that killed it, not Calgunners. Just read the article.

http://www.gunownersca.com/news/news-current/item/2434-sb-249-dead

freonr22
08-15-2012, 11:49 AM
So what does "Held By Committee" mean?

Changing the regulations at DOJ is... difficult... for them.

Held isn't dead yet. When the Assembly Appropriations committee can meet no more and 249 isn't through them, then it's dead. That could be as early as Friday AM but we're monitoring it closely.

Zombie gun bills have passed before. IIRC we had Microstamping beat...

-Gene

It means: "We're not going to think about this bill as long as you people keep emailing writing and faxing us about it but no matter what you do we'll bring this bill back one minute before the session ends and ram it through committee and down your gun-hugging racist red necks like we think you deserve, so there."

That's what it means.

That's what I was thinking. "Oh we will hold this in committee until the rabble quiets down and thinks everything is fine, then we'll take care of business before they know what's happened."

Smoke and mirrors. It's not over until the fat lady sings. So keep an eye on that deadline folks.
directed at any who will read

Librarian
08-15-2012, 12:02 PM
249 discussions in 2A forum