PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend's new gun

Sailormilan2
08-15-2012, 7:11 AM
My girlfriend has sort of picked up an interest in shooting.....probably from the company she has been keeping. I mean, I took her out and gave her some basic firearms training and let her shoot some 22 rifles and pistols.
She has wanted me to build her a rifle. I chose instead to buy her one, that would be more fitting her size. Nobody in her family owns guns (daddy owns a 22 rifle), so her doing this is a big step for her.
Several months ago, when Century International Arms had a sale on their Zastava made Mini Mausers, I jumped on it and got her one in 223 Remington. Very nice looking rifle, though the stock is a bit bland. I am working on finding a replacement.
Last night I gave it to her for her birthday. She fell in love with it. I told her that I wanted to find her a new stock and I had to get it cut to the proper length for her. But I told her I felt sorry for her gun safe that was sitting alone and empty in her closet with no gun related items in it (it is currently housing a set of dishes), so I was giving her the rifle a bit early (before it was done) so she could have something to put into the safe that has been sitting in her closet for over a year.............empty.
She did comment that she thought I was going to get her one that was smaller. I told her that most rifles are bigger than than that, and it was a very good size for her. She asked why I didn't get her a 22 and I told her that I wanted her to have a rifle that could be used for many things. I do have a Zastava made 22 bolt rifle that is very similar is size that she can practice on.
Sorry guys, I can't post pics of her without her permission. Maybe I can get a pic of her holding her rifle. But until then, no pics of her.
But, I can post pics of her rifle.:D
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/Sailormilan2/000_2574.jpg
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/Sailormilan2/000_2571.jpg

BucDan
08-15-2012, 7:17 AM
Nice one man. She is growing well into becoming a keeper! Good job "best boyfriend" ever. Now take her out to play with it and take pictures!

waho
08-15-2012, 7:31 AM
Personally, I would have bought her something that she wanted, especially since she wanted a 22. Much less expensive to shoot, which translates into more range time, which is always a good thing. Besides, a 22 in an empty safe has a habit of multiplying.

yellowfin
08-15-2012, 7:41 AM
What's the twist on the barrel? That can do a LOT of things with a fast twist that can't be done otherwise.

MrExel17
08-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Sweet, congrats!

bsg
08-15-2012, 10:31 AM
congratulations to your girlfriend. i hope she likes the rifle you selected for her.

SNCaliber
08-15-2012, 11:59 AM
awesome to share the love of shooting with your gf!

Sailormilan2
08-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Personally, I would have bought her something that she wanted, especially since she wanted a 22. Much less expensive to shoot, which translates into more range time, which is always a good thing. Besides, a 22 in an empty safe has a habit of multiplying.

She didn't "want" a 22. She just asked why after I mentioned I had one she could practise on. All she wanted was a rifle of some sort.

JBaus
08-15-2012, 2:24 PM
I'm one for old fashion and I think that wooden stock is beautiful and simple with a nice cheek mold. Time for her to get a nice scope to accessorize with it. Haha