PDA

View Full Version : Holsters and pouches - what do you use?

masayako
08-14-2012, 11:41 PM
For me: The 1st one is the kydex holster for my S&W model 41. The maker use it as a promo picture, so here it is. He did a wonderful job. Plan to use it for target shooting. Waiting for delivery tomorrow, I hope.
Just got some mag kywi pouches (3x9mm and 2x5.56):
Last, but not least, my main side arm - P226 MK25 in a kydex holster as well:

So far, I enjoy the overall arrangement of this belt. It is not heavy and I'm glad I no longer need to lay everything around the range table and dropping my gear everywhere. Now I can finally organize everything in one place with easy access.

What kind of belt/pouches/holsters do you use? What do you prefer? Please do share. Thanks.

sirgiles
08-14-2012, 11:55 PM
after awhile, all the kydex holsters look the same and only differ in price. the popular raven offer a little 10 degree cant and their combat cuts are copied by everyone else. although it did'nt hurt that they got advertised by magpul instructors.

just be mindful that not all kydex hosters have good retention and can easily fall off when doing sugar coating on the ground. :)

Gurney
08-15-2012, 8:14 PM
I'm extremely happy with the holster and mag carriers made for me by Walter at Spetzgear. The retention characteristics of his pieces is excellent, which must be why so many law enforcement professionals are now using his rigs.

Give him a try.

http://www.spetzgear.com/

Gurney
08-15-2012, 8:15 PM
"are excellent", rather than "is excellent." Sorry, long day.

Lead Waster
08-15-2012, 9:17 PM
For USPSA, I have a bladetech drop-offset holster. That's the splurge. As a belt, I use some suplus store stiff 2.25 " duty belt, and as mag holders, I use some nylon ones that I cut the flaps off off.

I have no other use for holsters or mag carriers outside of USPSA.

scglock
08-15-2012, 9:22 PM
g-code rti

CK_32
08-15-2012, 9:33 PM
Black hawk SERPA II. Bought if after all the shoot your self bs.

Not a race or carry holster just for desert/range and of course zombie use ;)

Neptune
08-15-2012, 9:56 PM
I've got new Milt Sparks VM-2's coming any day now for my Sig 1911r, and my TRP. They have a 4-5 month wait, but they're worth the wait. I ordered them back in April, so they should be here pretty soon.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_1_74g6ME2-E/TY1LIzrV6jI/AAAAAAAABNE/K0mJOxeLqLI/mono_vm2.jpg

I also have Galco Concealable Belt Holsters, and a Galco KingTuk.

http://www.usgalco.com/Catalog/large/CONHOL.jpg

I've also got a few Bianchis, Serpas, Uncle Mike's, and Fobus holsters too, but they aren't worth mentioning. Cheap, they get the job done for the most part, but they aren't the best options on the market. You get what you pay for.

__

Javi
08-15-2012, 10:11 PM
I wanted Raven Concealment Systems' gun & magazine holsters. Really bad! But the longer I waited, the more I did not want to wait for that fairly massive lead time. Plus they are not cheap in price either. I might still get them but when I have the green to spend, I will be going with Bladetech's competition series- IDPA Pak for $100 shipped.

http://www.blade-tech.com/product_images/d_653.jpg

I do own a double mag holster from them that I bought from Turners. It's the same exact one in the pack. I haven't adjusted it yet but one side is tight and the other comes out with very little resistance.

zfields
08-15-2012, 10:17 PM
I wanted Raven Concealment Systems' gun & magazine holsters. Really bad! But the longer I waited, the more I did not want to wait for that fairly massive lead time. Plus they are not cheap in price either. I might still get them but when I have the green to spend, I will be going with Bladetech's competition series- IDPA Pak for $100 shipped.

I do own a double mag holster from them that I bought from Turners. It's the same exact one in the pack. I haven't adjusted it yet but one side is tight and the other comes out with very little resistance.

I was just about to whine about them not offering a SP01 version of that set up yet, but looks like they finally added it.

Im running a custom kydex from Tac-Tech-Cal, which I really like. I do need to get another though for comp use, its a bit slow to draw from

Using RSA mag holsters for a browning hipower, but they are nice and tight.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-dhqZhGQOeV0/T1L8ZVmxwhI/AAAAAAAABZM/egy9baaBmd0/s912/DSC00919.jpg

dwtt
08-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Center of Mass Kydex. Hand made in Idaho. When I got my STI GP6, they were the only manufacturer to make a holster for the gun that would work well for IPSC.

Javi
08-15-2012, 10:47 PM
I was just about to whine about them not offering a SP01 version of that set up yet, but looks like they finally added it.

I'm kind of limited as far as getting holsters for the FNP-9 but theirs was always my favorite. I just need a holster kind of bad and I can't wait half a freakin' year for it to come. They have FNP9 magazine holsters ready to ship within a week but I dunno if I'll buy it. They should open a factory in CA and teach me how to make them.