PDA

View Full Version : Was gonna deposit for a CZ, jailed a Ruger SR9

ainako
08-14-2012, 11:22 PM
My girl and I were only going to get our HSCs, then they asked me if I was in looking for anything in particular. I expressed my high interest in the CZ line and they expressed that they have people in line for them and I could make a deposit, held a px4, g17, 92fs, sp2022, and M&P9. My experience with pistols is limited to revolvers, a para 1911, SA 1911, and the XD9. I have heard some mixed reviews on the SR9 and am hoping for the best with mine, I opted for the all black instead of the SS slide. Something about when I held the pistol just felt right, so I got it. But now I can't find any mags for it :(, hopefully I can score some at the crossroads show this weekend. Really excited to shoot her though!

Rightwinger
08-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Congrats on the new purchase.. I own both a Ruger P95 and CZ75 P-01 both in 9mm. I like my Ruger but I Love the CZ. I'd go back and put down a deposit on a CZ if you have the money, while in the mean time you can play around with that new Ruger.

ainako
08-15-2012, 12:28 AM
The one I wanted was the SP-01, they told me I can expect it to come around December...I might put the down when I go pick the Ruger up, or maybe this Friday...

Travis590A1
08-15-2012, 2:35 AM
I own an SR9c ive put over 5k rounds through it with only 1 jam (shooters error). If its a Ruger, then its good to go. Mine is my nightstand gun. I trust it 100%

ainako
08-15-2012, 3:18 AM
TBH if she does me well I'm going to have to get her a sister with a stainless slide. Really like the fact its American made and backed by a great company. Only trouble is I've been looking for hours and can't find any source for mags yet.

Mr310
08-15-2012, 4:44 AM
Congrats on the purchase; it's a fine pistol. For mags, try either exile machine or lak supply on these forums. They're both stand up guys to deal with.

TripleThreat
08-15-2012, 4:51 AM
The one I wanted was the SP-01, they told me I can expect it to come around December...

December will be here before you know it, see if you can put a hold on the CZ and continue looking for one elsewhere? I found a SP-01 & P-01 a month apart at the same shop as luck would find it. I love CZ's I think they're as good as any higher-end gun manufacturers.

discorock
08-15-2012, 8:34 AM
TBH if she does me well I'm going to have to get her a sister with a stainless slide. Really like the fact its American made and backed by a great company. Only trouble is I've been looking for hours and can't find any source for mags yet.

midwayusa has SR9 mags.

10 round magazine part# 764451 (I'm assuming you're in CA) price - $32.99

If not, 17 round magazine part# 247443 price - $34.99

I have the SR9c and love it. Great shooter.

CZ 75 is next on my wishlist.

Take Care,

DiscoRock

Euphoria526
08-15-2012, 9:54 AM
Where are you guys located?
My lgs in Burbank has 3 seperate caliber CZ's.
My range has about 6 in newhall.

Lead Waster
08-15-2012, 11:05 AM

How hard did you look?

Put "ruger sr9 magazines for sale 10 rounds" in google and it'll direct you to Brownell's who sells them for like $33.

Seriously, here I'll do it. (link is weird, but works) This was a trick to make someone else do this wasn't it?

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/search/skudetailv2.aspx?sid=61102&

In any case, enjoy your new purchase! The SP-01 is awesome, and I've never shot an SR9, but if it feels right to you then congrats!

DrewTheBrave
08-15-2012, 11:37 AM
If I was in the market for a polymer pistol, the SR9 would be one of my top 5 contenders. Ruger makes excellent guns, so I think you'll be very happy with it.

SNCaliber
08-15-2012, 11:47 AM
good to hear I was looking into the ruger sr9 as well

tal3nt
08-15-2012, 12:53 PM
You'll find PLENTY of magazines & kits for your SR9 @ the gun show, TRUST.
They're ~$35

JNunez23
08-15-2012, 2:12 PM
Love my SR9, but also LOVE my CZ75! Either way, 2 completely different pistols so you can always get the other down the line...

Great choice by the way! Surprised they didn't talk you into a Glock. The SR9 was my first handgun as well. I use it with the flat side of the back strap, more comfortable to me.

ainako
08-15-2012, 3:38 PM
I didn't look all that hard TBH, I'm a respiratory therapist in an intensive care unit and work 12hr nights. Its been pretty busy at work and I don't have many nights off in between. I have no idea what I did to google for it not to work with me. The salesman wasn't a glock fan, but once I held it I immediately wanted to throw it down and spit on it. I know I can train and learn to use that grip angle. But I figured that training like that would pretty much ruin my chances of using anything other than a glock. Glock guys more power to you, but I abhor that grip angle. I'm in baldwin park and none of the LGS here carry any CZ pistols. They all told me that they sold out within the first 2 months of this year. Turner's quoted me 702 OTD for a SP-01 with about 200 deposit, is that a fair price?. And I'll hold off on mags until the crossroads show this weekend

ainako
08-19-2012, 10:24 AM
I picked up some sr9 mags at the crossroads show for $30, picked up some 9mm lax reloads and a couple boxes of federal 9mm jhp as well. Won't be able to pick up the pistol until next tuesday because of work though. This 10 day wait thing is the best :rolleyes:

zfields
08-19-2012, 10:28 AM
702 is"ok". Honestly they could charge 800 and still sell out of them in hours.

BlackDrop50
08-19-2012, 10:40 AM
The SR9 is a sweet pistol. My buddy rented one and I shot a few mags through it. Beat up rental gun shot quarter size mag groups at 7 yards. Low recoil and it felt great in the hand. I was thinkin of gettin one but I'm not into 9s right now. Maybe down the road.

Socalmedix
08-19-2012, 10:49 AM
I ordered my CZ sp-01 for $560 from CZ custom... Talk to Stuart he is awesome! You will be way better off with a CZ in my opinion. My good friend has a Ruger SR9 and it's a jam-o-matic... Even after 3 trips back to ruger. It's just his experience and I wouldn't expect it out of all of thier guns but it turned me off on them.

ainako
08-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Yea I read some very mixed reviews about the sr9 on the interwebs. The guys at turner's haven't heard a complaint from their customers about them. Then again they are selling the things. If I get a lemon I will be a very very sad boy. On another note, I can't seem to find any rebuild kits online, asked exile, they had none.

FalconLair
08-20-2012, 12:23 AM
My girl and I were only going to get our HSCs, then they asked me if I was in looking for anything in particular. I expressed my high interest in the CZ line and they expressed that they have people in line for them and I could make a deposit, held a px4, g17, 92fs, sp2022, and M&P9. My experience with pistols is limited to revolvers, a para 1911, SA 1911, and the XD9. I have heard some mixed reviews on the SR9 and am hoping for the best with mine, I opted for the all black instead of the SS slide. Something about when I held the pistol just felt right, so I got it. But now I can't find any mags for it :(, hopefully I can score some at the crossroads show this weekend. Really excited to shoot her though!Just to be sure, you are talking about the new firearm, and NOT the girl. Right?

ainako
08-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Just to be sure, you are talking about the new firearm, and NOT the girl. Right?

Yes you can rest assured, I meant the firearm. I always seem to have had a way with words. A bad way as it seems :facepalm:

J.D.Allen
08-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Wow. All this talk recently of CZ's being so hard to find. Guess I got lucky with mine just over a year ago. Wasn't hard to get at all.

CAGLS
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Love my CZ P-01, the only gun that carries a NATO certification number. It's definitely a tack driver and my trigger has smoothed out considerably. I also own a SR40C and did just about all the Galloway Precision and Ghost Rocket trigger mods, but I still love my CZ P-01. Low bore axis, ergonomic grip, and internal rail with no play what so ever makes this my most accurate gun I own. I got lucky when bought it on grabagun.com Feb of this year. I haven't seen it back in stock there, CZ custom, and LGS. Now I need to get his a big brother the SP01. Here's a review on Truthaboutguns:
Gun Review: CZ 75 P-01. Take Two. (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/06/gl-kohler/gun-review-cz-75-p-01/)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/caliSTi/824c0704.jpg

ainako
08-24-2012, 1:49 AM
The reason why I wanted a cz was its known durability and reliabilty. I was recently turned to the p95 which seems to share a similar slide design to the cz pistol it seems. Ruger's p series has been through the runners and has come on top from the research I have done. So a p95 is next up on the list, I just wish they made the p95 with the same grip style as the p345.

lrj812
08-24-2012, 8:04 AM
Own a CZ75B .40 and a SR40C. Without a doubt the CZ is my favorite. I bought the SR40C for a carry gun because the weight of the CZ pulls my pants down and makes me lean to the right. Finding a CZ in a compact proved a futile process, that was my first choice. I shopped XD's, Glocks and S&W and liked them all. Picked the Ruger in the end. Liked the trigger and feel in my hand. Even starting to warm up to "Loaded When Up" indicator. I hope the last comment doesn't get me banned:)

I am very pleased with the Ruger. It has exceeded my expectations. The pistol handles the snap of the .40 and is very accurate in my hands for it's intended purpose. Only FTF have been my lead SWC reloads, and it was 4 out of 300rds. It has never failed on copper plated reloads and factory rounds.

The SR series doesn't seem to have the fanboy clubs of other pistols but I am a fan. I'm also a gun whore, I never met a gun I didn't want to get closer too.

redhemi
08-24-2012, 8:56 AM
Good choice. I've had my SR since Dec. 08 and have not had 1 problem with it. I now have over 5000 rounds through it and the only thing I've done to it besides cleaning is I put a stainless guide rod from Galloway Precision in it. My SR is my HD, nightstand gun also. The only problem with the SR is it will make you want to get the SR9c which is a great little compact. Have fun, be safe and happy shooting with your new SR.

corcoraj2002
08-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Not a thread jack, but do people just fondle guns in the stores and buy? I try to rent any weapon I'm going to purchase as feeling good in the store != feeling good while shooting.

Not trolling or trying to thread jack, but do you feel a couple of minutes fondling a gun in a store is enough to be confident in a purchase? ( I rented a mil-spec before purchasing my loaded and I was cautious over that)

Silverback
08-24-2012, 1:57 PM
Yea I read some very mixed reviews about the sr9 on the interwebs. The guys at turner's haven't heard a complaint from their customers about them. Then again they are selling the things. If I get a lemon I will be a very very sad boy. On another note, I can't seem to find any rebuild kits online, asked exile, they had none.

If you are a sad boy over a Ruger don't be too concerned. I have had two SR9Cs. The first had problems and in my mind should have never left the factory. Ruger determined is wasn't repairable and made it right by replacing it with a new one. The second has been 100%. No problems at all. They even threw in a hat and a 3rd mag as well.:43:

pc_load_letter
08-24-2012, 3:21 PM
My SR9 is my nightstand go-to handgun.

daybreak
08-24-2012, 3:53 PM
hope you enjoy your SR9, but I think the CZ is in every way a superior platform.

ainako
08-25-2012, 3:53 AM
Thanks guys! I was supposed to pick it up yesterday but I'm on a 5 night stretch at work. Gonna pick up on Tuesday. Longest 10 days ever.

whipkiller
08-25-2012, 7:15 AM
Not a thread jack, but do people just fondle guns in the stores and buy? I try to rent any weapon I'm going to purchase as feeling good in the store != feeling good while shooting.

Not trolling or trying to thread jack, but do you feel a couple of minutes fondling a gun in a store is enough to be confident in a purchase? ( I rented a mil-spec before purchasing my loaded and I was cautious over that)

I did. :D

Bought my SP-01 & my SA Loaded without ever firing either one.

Did lots of research, but sometimes they just speak to you.

While I would not recommend anyone do this, they are my two favorite guns.

I also knew that I wouldn't have to take much of a hit on either one if I decided I didn't like them.