View Full Version : Proceedure/Paperwork nessasary to Transfer a handgun

08-14-2012, 4:27 PM
Hey, I am selling a handgun private party, which I have never done. So, I am wondering can anyone help me out by maybe showing me a link for the procedure or maybe a PDF to print out the correct paperwork. This would be a huge help for me, thanks.

08-14-2012, 4:38 PM
All you need is ID.

08-14-2012, 4:49 PM
So we have to go to an arms dealer then?

08-14-2012, 5:12 PM
Yes. State law since 1/1/1991.

08-14-2012, 5:31 PM
Welcome to Calguns!

Yes, you need to use an FFL to do the transfer - no face-to-face, no-paper transfers for handguns.

See the wiki article -- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Private_Party_Transfer