PDA

View Full Version : "223 Giveaway" - Free NRA Memberships and NM Colector Software

nmCollector
08-14-2012, 3:10 PM
I was told it was OK to post this to the "appropriate forum." I think this is the appropriate forum but please let me know if it is not and/or adjust as needed!

I usually do not do promotions but people seem to like them so here's what I have to offer in this "223 Giveaway" for those who are interested ...

2 ea. ($35.00 value each) – NRA One Year Memberships (https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp) (New membership or renewal)
2 ea. ($49.95 value each) – NM Collector Software Lifetime Activation on Custom USB Flash Drive ( I will also cover the USPS priority shipping – a $6.00 value)
3 ea. ($29.95 value each) – NM Collector Software Lifetime Activation delivered via email only
Plus a kicker – the first 100 people who respond to the offer on this forum will be eligible for a free (after a rebate) copy of NM Gun Collecting Software for the Android (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nmcollectorsoftware.nmguns). Due to the Google App distribution setup, a purchase will be required but I will refund the purchase price. I would appreciate a 5 star review on Google Play in exchange if the winners think the software deserves it.

Descriptions:

NM Collector Software (http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/)

Keep track of every aspect of your collection with this database program. Create detailed files on individual items with custom fields for any type of collection. For example, you can track model, serial number, purchase date, purchase price, sale price, and appraised value—even lets you attach photos to each entry. Searchable database has a statistics feature that lets you track both the appraised and realized value of individual items, or your entire collection. Print hard copy reports (including ATF compliant firearms A&D) and personalized tags, even customize the screen appearance, modify or add field headings, and add your own drop-down values. This is the same software sold by Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=32292/Product/GUN-COLLECTOR-SOFTWARE) and the Gun Digest Store (http://www.gundigeststore.com/nm-firearms-collector-software-u1033?et_mid=555305&rid=1977525).

NM Collector Software is a desktop application written in Java using an embedded Derby database. The database can be encrypted or not depending on your needs and preferences. NM Collector is designed to be run on any computer that has Java 6 (or greater) installed. Java 6 is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is a very stable platform that has been around for many years with no foreseeable end to its availability on these platforms.

Please see this related calguns forum post (http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=604778) for examples of how NM Collector Software can help you with your collections.

NM Gun Collecting Software for the Android (http://www.nmandroid.com/)

Use this simple no-nonsense collecting software for Android devices to capture key information (including pictures, identification, receipt and disposition) for your gun collection. Can be used stand-alone or in conjunction with the desktop version of NM Collector Software. The intent of this Android application is to work in conjunction with the Desktop version of NM Collector Software which makes it easy to input data. That data can then be easily transferred to your mobile device to take with you and make minor adjustments (like easily adding pictures) as necessary on the go and then uploading the changes back to the desktop. Although the mobile apps allow you to enter data from scratch, they are not meant to be the primary means of data entry.

Contest Rules:

Everybody who responds to this post will be eligible to win. Drawings will be held on or about the weekend of September 1. Winners will be contacted via forum private messaging to protect their privacy. However, since this promotion must be subject to audit the winning userIds will be given to official Calguns representatives if requested.

Sheperd80
08-14-2012, 3:18 PM
Hmm am i just paranoid or does that software just sound like a bad idea?

RangerJoe
08-14-2012, 3:23 PM
iPhone version in the works?

nmCollector
08-14-2012, 3:41 PM
iPhone version in the works?

Yes and I am looking for testers (which, by definition is free). Please see: iOS NM Collector Software (http://www.nmios.com/)

Thanks!

Clay

ouch1
08-14-2012, 3:43 PM
Interesting...

nmCollector
08-14-2012, 3:44 PM
Hmm am i just paranoid or does that software just sound like a bad idea?

It could be if from an unreliable source. However, I am a gun collector myself with many years of writing software for gun collectors. There is no virus or behind the scenes shenanigans going on. My software has been tested by many independent groups who found no malware (viruses, trojan horses, etc.) and there is no unsolicited network traffic - the only network traffic occurs when you click a link. I invite anyone to test it for network traffic and report back what they found.

Please let me know if you have any specific concerns you would like to see answered or addressed.

Thanks!

Lifeon2whls
08-14-2012, 3:47 PM
I'm in!

DannyInSoCal
08-14-2012, 3:51 PM
Lucky #8 reporting in......

Jeepers
08-14-2012, 3:52 PM
im in i love your software and a Lifetime Activation would be cool so Thanks :D

ETA i have no need for the Android version as i have no Android devices ....lol

acegunnr
08-14-2012, 3:52 PM
I paid for the regular version, do I have to pay for the android app? Also please add support for Jelly Bean. Thanks!

Deucer
08-14-2012, 3:55 PM
Thanks!

Korl
08-14-2012, 3:56 PM
I'm in

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Synergy
08-14-2012, 3:57 PM
Count me in!

Bobula
08-14-2012, 3:59 PM
In!

duggan
08-14-2012, 3:59 PM
Hell I'm in, especially for an iPhone version.

LOW2000
08-14-2012, 4:01 PM
I'm in, but you can pass on my android download to the next person in line, or i'm happy to wait till you come out with the iOS software or help test it if you need more users. Just let me know if you need help via PM and i'll send you my device ID.

Thanks!

Casket
08-14-2012, 4:07 PM
I'll give it a try.

jeffsenpai
08-14-2012, 4:12 PM
ill be in!

nmCollector
08-14-2012, 4:19 PM
im in i love your software and a Lifetime Activation would be cool so Thanks :D

ETA i have no need for the Android version as i have no Android devices ....lol

Thanks!

nmCollector
08-14-2012, 4:21 PM
I paid for the regular version, do I have to pay for the android app? Also please add support for Jelly Bean. Thanks!

The Android version is a separate application but only costs $2.00. However, you can get it for free now.

Clay

KR_H
08-14-2012, 4:26 PM
Everybody who responds to this post will be eligible to win. Drawings will be held on or about the weekend of September 1. Winners will be contacted via forum private messaging to protect their privacy. However, since this promotion must be subject to audit the winning userIds will be given to official Calguns representatives if requested.

Sounds good, Clay. Count me in

SublimeJJ99
08-14-2012, 4:39 PM
I'm in! Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

M1Kev
08-14-2012, 4:54 PM
I'm in! Great offer, thanks for the shot!

02psd
08-14-2012, 4:59 PM
I'm in.

WootSauce
08-14-2012, 5:58 PM
Free stuff? I'M IN! :p

highcenter
08-14-2012, 6:17 PM
I like free goodies. I'm interested.

Thanks

nmCollector
08-14-2012, 7:19 PM
... please add support for Jelly Bean. Thanks!

It should be good to go for Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). I do not have an Android 4.1 device to test it directly on but I see there are already active installs on Android 4.1 devices from my Google Play store. Are you encountering any problems with it?

Thanks,

Socalmedix
08-14-2012, 8:15 PM
im in!

OpenYourEyes
08-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Count me in

Nitro Express!
08-15-2012, 3:33 AM
Im in.

SocomM4
08-15-2012, 4:46 AM
Count me in!

nmCollector
08-16-2012, 3:19 PM
Is it OK to send this back to the top so people can see it?

Thanks!

Clay

Rob7.62
08-16-2012, 5:41 PM
I'm in! iPhone version

SURVIVOR619
08-16-2012, 8:32 PM
I'm in like Flynn! Thanks brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk🔫

DeuceDeuce_22
08-17-2012, 5:29 PM
In b4 yee tries to ban software too!:D

jfwlb
08-18-2012, 5:54 PM
I'm in.

Quick question for you. Using your software, can I make a digital report that has the basics of my collection(make, model, serial, value), and email it to my insurance agent that he can open without him buying a copy of your software?

I guess what I'm asking is could I export it into something common such as excel or adobe?

Thanks
John

nmCollector
08-18-2012, 7:23 PM
I'm in.

Quick question for you. Using your software, can I make a digital report that has the basics of my collection(make, model, serial, value), and email it to my insurance agent that he can open without him buying a copy of your software?

I guess what I'm asking is could I export it into something common such as excel or adobe?

Thanks
John

Yes you can export to excel. You can also save insurance reports (with or without pictures) as PDF files.

You can find this very example as the first topic in my "User Stories (http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/#usageScenarios)" section of my home page.

Thanks for the great question.

:)

Bangzoom
08-18-2012, 7:57 PM
PLEASE tell me there is a way to import my collection from Guntracker...Its a long shot but....im hoping

nmCollector
08-18-2012, 8:08 PM
PLEASE tell me there is a way to import my collection from Guntracker...Its a long shot but....im hoping

I can't say for sure. I have never owned or used Guntracker. However, if it can export your data to Excel you should be able to reformat it in Excel to import it into NM Collector.

I have a complete write up of the process for another collecting software package that another customer asked me to help them migrate their data from. You can find it here in my "Import Data from My Collection Explorer to NM Collector Software (http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/examples/ImportFromMyCollectionExplorer/)" write up.

If Guntracker does export to Excel, and you know how I can get a working copy of Guntracker, I can help you come up with a way for you to transfer your data from it to NM Collector Software.

Thanks!

HK Chef
08-18-2012, 8:16 PM
Count me in

Bangzoom
08-18-2012, 9:08 PM
I can't say for sure. I have never owned or used Guntracker. However, if it can export your data to Excel you should be able to reformat it in Excel to import it into NM Collector.

I have a complete write up of the process for another collecting software package that another customer asked me to help them migrate their data from. You can find it here in my "Import Data from My Collection Explorer to NM Collector Software (http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/examples/ImportFromMyCollectionExplorer/)" write up.

If Guntracker does export to Excel, and you know how I can get a working copy of Guntracker, I can help you come up with a way for you to transfer your data from it to NM Collector Software.

Thanks!

I have never seen an option for exporting to Excel but will look again...wow I just saw that the maker of Guntracker is Bangzoom...my username...LOL...strange

well anyway its written in some obscure language and they dont support it anymore so if i can import/export i would be interested...a working copy? I see some places that say it can be downloaded but dont know if its a complete version....i got a disk in the mail yrs ago....i will find out the language and reply again

Edit...it was written with Cold Fusion

jfwlb
08-19-2012, 9:56 AM
That's great to know, thanks. I will check into it some more now.

John

justjeff
08-19-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm in!

Paltik
08-22-2012, 12:15 PM
IB#45

sealocan
08-22-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm in. Thank you very much for the free chance to win some stuff. I sincerely hope you business exceeds all your dreams and expectations.

leelaw
08-22-2012, 12:33 PM
In.

hollowpoint
08-22-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm in, thank you!

Rock6.3
08-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Thank you for the offer, I"m in.

frankDmole
08-22-2012, 12:40 PM
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy152/fmeszaros/IMIN.jpg

Marcovich
08-22-2012, 1:10 PM
I'm in! :-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

boxcutter3005
08-22-2012, 1:13 PM
I'm in

nmCollector
08-24-2012, 8:41 PM
I'm in. Thank you very much for the free chance to win some stuff. I sincerely hope you business exceeds all your dreams and expectations.

Thank you. :)

nmCollector
08-24-2012, 8:42 PM
I'm in, thank you!

You're welcome. :)

nmCollector
08-24-2012, 8:42 PM
Thank you for the offer, I"m in.

You're welcome. :)

Eric_Oh
08-24-2012, 9:32 PM
Count me in

nmCollector
08-27-2012, 5:02 AM
Only one week left!

Thanks,

OrovilleTim
08-27-2012, 5:35 AM
I'm in. Would also be an iOS tester if needed.

bandook
08-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Responded...

nmCollector
08-28-2012, 3:52 PM
I'm in. Would also be an iOS tester if needed.

I can use more iOS testers. You can test through iTunes or TestFlight - your choice. You can find more info here: http://www.nmios.com/ - scroll down past the pictures!

Thanks,

Clay

nmCollector
08-29-2012, 7:08 PM
Only a few more days to go!

nmCollector
08-31-2012, 3:44 AM
Thanks to everyone who has participated and to Calguns for allowing me to run this promotion. Today is the last day so get your entry in soon. The drawing will be held tomorrow morning.

nmCollector
09-01-2012, 5:55 AM
I will be conducting a random drawing now and contacting the winners privately.

If you are a winner and don't mind telling people, please post back to this forum to let people know you won! If you can't find this thread please post a new thread.

I want peope to know there are actual winners but I also want to respect people's privacy.

Thanks,

nmCollector
09-01-2012, 6:06 AM
For those who win the free one year NRA Membership, I am offering two options.

1) You use my NRA Recruiter discount membership link that reads "Join NRA" on my web site (http://www.nmcollector.net/nmguncollector/) ( due to NRA rules, I cannot post the link directly to this forum, you must go through a page that the NRA has authorized me to post the link to ) and provide your personal information using their secure on-line membership form. With this option you will submit your information directly to the NRA and make your payment directly to the NRA. The NRA will process your membership and send me your name and zip so I can confirm that you signed up through my NRA Recruiter link. I will then refund your one year membership purchase price (PayPal, check, or money order - your preference). Remember, this is for one year only at my discount rate of $25.00 for one year using my NRA Recruiter link only.

2) You send me all of your personal information required for me to manually fill out and submit the NRA Membership application for you. I will send your paperwork along with payment and the NRA will send your membership directly to you.

That's it. Please do not hesitate to send me any questions.

Thanks,

SocomM4
09-01-2012, 6:55 PM
I won!!

jtaylored
09-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Am I too late? If not, count me in.

nmCollector
09-02-2012, 6:17 AM
Am I too late? If not, count me in.

I'm sorry, the drawings have already been held and the winners notified.

I hope to do more of these in the future though.

Thanks,

Clay

LOW2000
09-02-2012, 8:26 PM
Awesome, thanks Clay!! I won a lifetime subscription!!!

nmCollector
09-02-2012, 8:43 PM
Awesome, thanks Clay!! I won a lifetime subscription!!!

You're welcome. Can you send me your email address for this? You can send it privately.

Thanks,

Clay

nmCollector
09-02-2012, 8:46 PM
I have someone who won the activation but was hoping to win the NRA membership. He was wondering if any of the NRA membership winners would be willing to trade their NRA membership for his lifetime activation.

If so, please let me know and I will work the trade.

Thanks,

Deucer
09-05-2012, 2:07 PM
A BIG THANKS TO CLAY

for the NRA membership!

:party::party::party::party::party::party:

nmCollector
09-05-2012, 5:06 PM
[QUOTE=Deucer;9270466]

A BIG THANKS TO CLAY for the NRA membership!

[QUOTE]

You're welcome. Thanks for participating.

chris1911
09-05-2012, 5:19 PM
I'll bite. Sounds interesting, I could use a NRA membership.

chris1911
09-05-2012, 5:20 PM
ow, should have checked todays date. I'm out if it.

nmCollector
09-05-2012, 5:25 PM
ow, should have checked todays date. I'm out if it.

Sorry about that. I hope to do another one soon.

Thanks!

WootSauce
09-05-2012, 6:47 PM
I won the lifetime subscription. Thanks Clay

PM/Email inbound